MO MO - St Louis, BlkFem 8-11, 54UFMO, in abandoned bldg, Feb'83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis would have been 14 years old at the time which makes him an unlikely candidate although it doesn't completely eliminate him.

I calculated his age at 18 at the time. Which I think is very plausible. He was born on October 25, 1965.

Yes you're right, sorry. For some reason, I thought he was born in late 1968.

I don't know. I've watched 2 parts of his ABC News special; I would think his DNA is in the criminal database.

Before he started his rampage; he was engaged and living with someone. Her moving out is what set him off. If he started killing as a teen; why did he stop from 83 until 2001? He didn't dismember his victims from what I'm seeing. Looks like he tortured them while they were withdrawing from cocaine.

I was reading the news this morning on AOL and found this article about Maury Travis. There seems to be a lot of similarities between this case and the information in the article: http://www.wnem.com/story/25975342/woman-learns-house-was-scene-of-murder-torture

Here's a snippet that made me think of this case:

Some of the victims were tied to a pole.

“This whole basement was his torture chamber, and it’s not OK,” McGhaw said

Maury Travis lived in Ferguson, Missouri (a suburb of St. Louis). I am not sure if he lived there at the time of this murder, but some of the circumstances sound very similar.

I don't know. I've watched 2 parts of his ABC News special; I would think his DNA is in the criminal database.

Before he started his rampage; he was engaged and living with someone. Her moving out is what set him off. If he started killing as a teen; why did he stop from 83 until 2001? He didn't dismember his victims from what I'm seeing. Looks like he tortured them while they were withdrawing from cocaine.

Imo I have to wonder why someone would start killing so late In life (30's). I would presume (this is just opinion) that there had to be signs of impending doom (so to speak). Does anyone really snap and become a serial killer without it becoming a known event (I.e. mass killers like the Oklahoma City bomber, etc). I don't know...but I would venture to think that this guy didn't just start killing after his breakup... it's estimated he may have murdered upwards of 20 women. I agree with the decapitation aspect but maybe this was an early attempt to thwart identification and then was eliminated as he got more careless (pure speculation on my part).

Imo I have to wonder why someone would start killing so late In life (30's). I would presume (this is just opinion) that there had to be signs of impending doom (so to speak). Does anyone really snap and become a serial killer without it becoming a known event (I.e. mass killers like the Oklahoma City bomber, etc). I don't know...but I would venture to think that this guy didn't just start killing after his breakup... it's estimated he may have murdered upwards of 20 women. I agree with the decapitation aspect but maybe this was an early attempt to thwart identification and then was eliminated as he got more careless (pure speculation on my part).

What I got from watching his ex-fiance speak is that he was a kind and loving BF. His work friends said the same thing; he was a good guy. The fiance was addicted to coke; at one point he told her if she goes back; she will see another side to him. She left him. He probably had a history of domestic violence

I wish I had time to really dig in to do research on him.

I was reading the news this morning on AOL and found this article about Maury Travis. There seems to be a lot of similarities between this case and the information in the article: http://www.wnem.com/story/25975342/woman-learns-house-was-scene-of-murder-torture

Here's a snippet that made me think of this case:

Some of the victims were tied to a pole.

“This whole basement was his torture chamber, and it’s not OK,” McGhaw said

Maury Travis lived in Ferguson, Missouri (a suburb of St. Louis). I am not sure if he lived there at the time of this murder, but some of the circumstances sound very similar.

Travis was the FIRST person that popped in my mind when I was viewing this thread. I'm glad someone brought it up. I thought to myself "Was this where it all started?" I wonder if his mother has ever been questioned about it? But Also, I thought that the "Atlanta Child Killings" might have also been connected. But those seemed to be predominately male kids, killed in Atlanta. JMO

Did anyone look at the photos I uploaded?

I tried looking at your album but it tells me that the link is broken. I think it might have something to do with the site upgrade. But when you get a chance, after it gets fixed, can you let me know? TIA

I don't want to sound "too harsh" on Travis' Mother..but I guess it's going to sound that way..LOL From What I've read she rented out his house and the tenant didn't even know a serial killer had lived there. I can see from a legal standpoint that she's not required to disclose that information..But what was strange that she even gave the tenant some of Travis' furniture. I thought to myself "How do you do that?!? Maybe it's just me but I think the woman is deluded or crazy. JMHO

Yeah, it seems pretty insensitive and callous to me to do something like that to someone but that's IMHO.

I tried looking at your album but it tells me that the link is broken. I think it might have something to do with the site upgrade. But when you get a chance, after it gets fixed, can you let me know? TIA

The album is private due to the very graphic photos. You have to be my friend in order to see it. I sent you a friend request.

I don't want to sound "too harsh" on Travis' Mother..but I guess it's going to sound that way..LOL From What I've read she rented out his house and the tenant didn't even know a serial killer had lived there. I can see from a legal standpoint that she's not required to disclose that information..But what was strange that she even gave the tenant some of Travis' furniture. I thought to myself "How do you do that?!? Maybe it's just me but I think the woman is deluded or crazy. JMHO

She legally doesn't have to disclose; but the tenant asked to be let out of the lease because a 2yr old child was freaked out down there. Thankfully the St Louis Housing Authority got her out of her lease.

Woman learns house was scene of murder, torture - She said things keep getting weirder, and she can’t stop thinking about an incident with a 2-year-old relative that was playing in the basement near the pole where Travis tied up his victims.

“She looked over, and she was like she's scared like she saw somebody scared and crying,” she said.

I was reading through this thread and getting sidetracked Googling names and such but I found this article on a different site (a thread search for Foote didn't come up with anything here).

It doesn't ID her but was quite interesting. The link has more info than the copy/paste from the other website.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1893&dat=19841218&id=nMkfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=utgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2135,6142299

Copy/paste from another site:

12/19/1984

Boy decapitated; cops try to link 2 cases
ST. LOUIS — Police
investigating the decapitation
of a 10-
year-old boy say they
will look for links to
one of the city's most
heinous unsolved
crimes — the decapitation
of an unidentified
girl almost two
years ago.
Detectives searching for Alfred Foote Jr. traced drops of
blood from his grandmother's home down an alley and discovered
his decapitated body in the stairwell of a vacant buildingTuesday.
The boy's uncle. Michael Foote. 28, was booked in the murder,
and investigators said they were seeking a warrant
charging him with capital murder.
The head was cut off with a knife found at the grandmother's
house, officers said.
- United Press International

One other thing I found (and didn't see reading here) was a report that she had not eaten for about 8 hours prior to death. May not be anything but kids tend to be hungry so she is either in a place without food or just getting up in the morning I suppose.

Well, just so you guys don't have to scour too hard. I've went through the private police databases of the following states; (just in case the person wasn't entered into NamUs.) NJ, CT, VA, Pa, NC. The only PM was Toya Hill. Unless..and this is a BIG leap..This girl was missing WAY before her demise. I actually couldn't believe I got a "hit" when I expanded NamUs' Parameters. Everything seems to be "in range" considering date missing vs age too. Check it out and see what you think: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9693/0/

Well, just so you guys don't have to scour too hard. I've went through the private police databases of the following states; (just in case the person wasn't entered into NamUs.) NJ, CT, VA, Pa, NC. The only PM was Toya Hill. Unless..and this is a BIG leap..This girl was missing WAY before her demise. I actually couldn't believe I got a "hit" when I expanded NamUs' Parameters. Everything seems to be "in range" considering date missing vs age too. Check it out and see what you think: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9693/0/

Were you able to compare her skin coloring to the pics I have? I would submit her

I did compare the skin tone only because you reminded me..and you're right. I think she should be submitted. Should we send an e-mail to the point of contact on the case or do it directly through NamUs. I have to say, for as long as I've been here..I don't think I've ever been this confident to submit someone. (I've sent e-mails to coroner's offices before..but not directly to NamUs.)

I've sent an e-mail to the St. Louis County Med. Examiners' Office, Dr/Rn Psara; This is what I've sent. Hopefully it's "to the point" and doesn't make me sound like a complete idiot. LOL JMO

Hello Dr. Psara, My name Is Jen____,
I look up missing persons/ unidentified persons on a volunteer basis. I'd like to submit a potential match to your Unidentified Girl from 1983, please? I don't know the "formal process" of it all, so please forgive me. And also forgive the intrusion if this isn't your professional e-mail address.
If you wouldn't mind looking up Telethia Good MP#9693 ?
She looks like a great match not only in skin tone, height and weight, but also geographically.
I look forward to hearing from you soon,
Thanks for the understanding,
Sincerely,
Jen

Excellent Sleuthing! Good Luck!

I've sent an e-mail to the St. Louis County Med. Examiners' Office, Dr/Rn Psara; This is what I've sent. Hopefully it's "to the point" and doesn't make me sound like a complete idiot. LOL JMO

Hello Dr. Psara, My name Is Jen____,
I look up missing persons/ unidentified persons on a volunteer basis. I'd like to submit a potential match to your Unidentified Girl from 1983, please? I don't know the "formal process" of it all, so please forgive me. And also forgive the intrusion if this isn't your professional e-mail address.
If you wouldn't mind looking up Telethia Good MP#9693 ?
She looks like a great match not only in skin tone, height and weight, but also geographically.
I look forward to hearing from you soon,
Thanks for the understanding,
Sincerely,
Jen

I was just watching this video and noticed.. In his suicide note to his mother, he tells her that he has been 'sick in the head' since age 14. He claims to have killed 17 women, 5 have not been identified.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/street-walker-strangler-hunt-yields-arrest-gruesome-evidence-24470427

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finch5800