GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good find. I assumed the congregation folded for good....not enough members to pay the bills, is what I assumed. I didn't realize it either kept going or was later revived.

Interesting.

jmo

Thanks. I’d assumed TBs venture just folded as well. And maybe this one was a later launch but still, it appears there’s interest in the area so what happened in 2007, we don’t know the story but I bet there is one.

I had this question in my mind for a while on this TB guy - if he was an aviation electronics technician in the Navy for 11 years 1983-1994, and he was regularly promoted to E-6 meaning he acquired some competence, then why didn't he stick with that occupation in the civilian sector? Per the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, the national average salary in 2017 was $61,260. Of course he would have had to maintain and update his skills along the way, but this occupation has always paid very well for someone with a HS education + training. By this age, he would be a supervisor/manager and likely making much more than the average with a nice retirement coming soon. Instead he has floundered from one thing to another with meager success for the last 25 years.

Aircraft and Avionics Equipment Mechanics and Technicians : Occupational Outlook Handbook: : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

I’m very curious what TB did that resulted in his exit from Calvary Chapel in 2007 because there had to be a reason. Pastors don’t just walk away after four years and prior to that venture, he’d invested in religious training as well.

The organization presently operates in Cape Girandeau, the same city he reportedly founded CC in 2003 but I notice any history is notably absent.
https://capebiblechapel.org/home
are you sure it is the same church? TB's old church was Calvary Chapel SeMo. they may have changed the name after he left, but CalvaryChapel.com's church finder didn't show it listed. were you able to find some common info between CCSeMo and Cape Bible Chapel?

i dug around for hours yesterday and came up with very, very little web presence for Calvary Chapel SeMo, mostly basic business listings and one open editorial letter in the local SeMo newspaper. i suspect like a lot of *church plantings* that it never really got off the ground. it seems he had a few congregants meeting for a few years, at 2 of his prior addresses. (HomeMetry & Manta showed it listed at 10800 Lacklink Rd and Manta showed it also listed at 2485 Old Toll Road, both in Jackson) Phone# 573-204-1633. Manta showed annual revenue estimates of 59k - 67k. i dont know how that's figured and given his lack of activity i dont see how those numbers could be realistic (BUT if accurate i'd sure love to know the income source)

perhaps the most interesting thing was an employee was listed by Manta, the name found at AllPeople.com, not sure if TOS allows name to be posted... but it does not seem to be a real person. at least, i could find no one by that name with any connection to Missouri. however, and FWIW (which is most likely nothing)-- Urban Dictionary has a very vulgar but contextually interesting definition posted for that name.

are you sure it is the same church? TB's old church was Calvary Chapel SeMo. they may have changed the name after he left, but CalvaryChapel.com's church finder didn't show it listed. were you able to find some common info between CCSeMo and Cape Bible Chapel?

i dug around for hours yesterday and came up with very, very little web presence for Calvary Chapel SeMo, mostly basic business listings and one open editorial letter in the local SeMo newspaper. i suspect like a lot of *church plantings* that it never really got off the ground. it seems he had a few congregants meeting for a few years, at 2 of his prior addresses. (HomeMetry & Manta showed it listed at 10800 Lacklink Rd and Manta showed it also listed at 2485 Old Toll Road, both in Jackson) Phone# 573-204-1633. Manta showed annual revenue estimates of 59k - 67k. i dont know how that's figured and given his lack of activity i dont see how those numbers could be realistic (BUT if accurate i'd sure love to know the income source)

perhaps the most interesting thing was an employee was listed by Manta, the name found at AllPeople.com, not sure if TOS allows name to be posted... but it does not seem to be a real person. at least, i could find no one by that name with any connection to Missouri. however, and FWIW (which is most likely nothing)-- Urban Dictionary has a very vulgar but contextually interesting definition posted for that name.

TBs failed Calvary Chapel venture was located in Cape Girardeau as well. Would he have founded a CC in 2003 if another was already established in the same city, maybe, but because the history of the existing one isn’t disclosed on their website, it’s unknown if he did.

“David Fitzgerald is pastor at Calvary Chapel in Maryland Heights. He told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Bruce was a pastor at Calvary Chapel of Cape Girardeau from about 2003 into 2007.”
Report: Suspect in murder, sex assaults at religious supplies store was a pastor

I had this question in my mind for a while on this TB guy - if he was an aviation electronics technician in the Navy for 11 years 1983-1994, and he was regularly promoted to E-6 meaning he acquired some competence, then why didn't he stick with that occupation in the civilian sector? Per the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, the national average salary in 2017 was $61,260. Of course he would have had to maintain and update his skills along the way, but this occupation has always paid very well for someone with a HS education + training. By this age, he would be a supervisor/manager and likely making much more than the average with a nice retirement coming soon. Instead he has floundered from one thing to another with meager success for the last 25 years.

Aircraft and Avionics Equipment Mechanics and Technicians : Occupational Outlook Handbook: : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Further education as well, unless there’s a clue in “Bruce says”.

“In 2014, Bruce says that he graduated from Ranken Technical College with an associates degree in Applied Science.”
Thomas Bruce: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Also, (same link) just an aside, 8 years of bible study for only 4 years of Pastoring, pretty poor payback that was.
“Bruce studied at the Calvary Chapel Bible College between 1992 and 2000. Bruces wrote about his time there saying, “Loved it.”...”

If the name is not real I don’t see why you can’t post it.
i'm still new in this community, dont want to irk anyone. but... using the info i cited it shouldnt be TOO difficult to find the name;) and if you so choose to then search it on UD, be prepared to :eek::confused:
but like i said, its prolly an irrelevant coincidence

honestly, they reminded me of TK too. all those reviews. all about him. all the time. ordinary and bland under ordinary circumstances... what is that saying about the banality of evil
Hopefully there is no cage/shed/cave somewhere, where a missing woman/teenager is chained up and doesn't get food, because TB "isn't longer available" .....

:)

I clicked.

I scrolled through pretty quickly, but I don't think anything there is related to TB.

Good idea, though! (Maybe someone else notices something I missed?)

jmo

I also looked and didn't see anything that might be him but their search is not very specific and there were a lot of results so maybe someone will find something but I tried a few combinations and didn't get "him" so not sure. jmo

This is great information and analysis. It does seem, and IMO, life wasn’t the way in reality the way TB wanted everyone else to see it.

I also think he expected his wife to go along with his image. She seemed so shocked and embarrassed by the event, from her statements to a neighbor that that neighbor shared with the press. (LINK: Wife of accused killer Thomas Bruce distraught and very sorry, friend says). It will be hard to understand how she didn’t know he was capable of such a crime, but she isn’t the first.

There had to be a triggering event that caused such a build up and he left the bar and he went right down the strip mall to Catholic Supply. I know there is the news story regarding the woman he was flirting with at Hotshots right before. (LINK: Catholic Supply suspect requests public defender)

Maybe he felt rebuffed, and was looking for an outlet for his anger.

There is a particular category for killers like him, but not sure which one would be the best fit, IMO, and not sure the evidence is there he is a serial killer, but it would not shock me at all if he is.

Lust serial killers - Wikipedia

It may also be this:

Madonna–*advertiser censored* complex - Wikipedia

with "splitting"

Splitting (psychology) - Wikipedia

Seeing things and people in "black and white", good or bad, etc. For whatever reason, this guy has issues with Christianity in general or with Catholicism specifically. He seems very conflicted about the whole issue of women, religion, virtue, etc.

JMO, there are a lot of men in Bruce's social cohort who have the same issues with women, they just don't act on their conflict by publicly raping and murdering women. Some have, but haven't been caught.

thanks for this FG, i'm perusing slowly--its a lot to take in, but very interesting. i'd say the US has a real problem wouldnt you? being the global leader in serial killers is not such a good thing...

Actually there are far more serial killers in Russia and China then in the US. But then again, what country wouldn't want to under-report the number of serial killers. Proud to be American, thank you.

I had to Google it:oops:On AVVO the lawyers there said it is a date when the court can & usually will set the case for trial.
MOO

I read several of the answers, too. it could also mean they would be setting a date for another hearing, like a preliminary hearing. Its kind of early to set a trial date, no?

Casenet also shows hearing for Dec 12, for a motion on a protective order.

Actually there are far more serial killers in Russia and China then in the US. But then again, what country wouldn't want to under-report the number of serial killers. Proud to be American, thank you.

It's difficult to judge from current statistics (someone linked to a report earlier in this thread, I think). Standards for reporting differ from one country to the next. The report that someone here linked to was raw data, not too accurate. To get a better picture

• the definition of a serial killer would need to be standard across countries
  • measurement or gathering of data would need to be consistent
  • data would need to be adjusted to reflect populations; most common is incident/case per 100,000 population
  • data may also need to be adjusted for age - analyzed according to the average age of the population in each country.
  • probably some other factors need to be weighed, too
Underreporting is always an issue, even here in the US. Some localities want to underreport criminal activity to protect their reputation or make their communities appear safer.

I read several of the answers, too. it could also mean they would be setting a date for another hearing, like a preliminary hearing. Its kind of early to set a trial date, no?

Casenet also shows hearing for Dec 12, for a motion on a protective order.
Could be? Guess we’ll find out on Wed.
I didn’t see anything on the protective order, thanks for the info.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back