GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If this happened in a strip mall, I would have thought someone might have heard the screams from the ladies and/or the gunshot.

“The wife of Thomas Bruce, Diane Bruce, was blindsided by the arrest and charges against her husband. That’s according to a close friend of hers who asked not to be identified because Mrs. Bruce has received threats.

"And never in her wildest dreams would she have ever even thought anything like that about him, not ever. He was so protective of her and so kind," said the friend.....

.....According to the friend, Diane Bruce wants express her condolences to the family of Jamie Schmidt.

"She would want the families involved to know how sorry she is and horrible she feels about this," said the friend....”

Wife of accused killer Thomas Bruce distraught and very sorry, friend says

If this happened in a strip mall, I would have thought someone might have heard the screams from the ladies and/or the gunshot.

Not sure about the gunshot but was there screaming? The reason JS was executed was because she refused to cooperate.

However thinking about your comment, I wonder if risk of the sound of 3 gunshots as opposed to 1 is the only reason the other two ladies survived the horrid attack.

Since Vicki Webb survived the January 15, 1994 shooting in Houston, I hope she will be able to help LE determine whether or not TB was the man who tried to kill her.
Is there an artist rendition?

Google I-70 Killer Documentary.
There are several sketches.
Then compare to TB's Navy photo.
Thank you. I've seen those. I didn't find Webb's name in his (I-70 killer) assaults. Must have overlooked it.

The I70 killer, just familiarizing myself with this case and I have a question, if someone might please help me understand.

I-70 Killer - Wikipedia
Wikipedia mentions all/most of the female victims were alone working in some type of specialty store, were shot in the back of the head but no sexual assault was believed to have occurred.

TB would’ve been in his late 20s at the time.

The STL attack that TB was alleged to have committed at age 53, involved extreme deviant sexual aggression/assault and multiple victims.

The i70 killer appears to be a cold blooded killer who didn’t SA his victims even though the opportunity might’ve been there, while TB appears to be much the opposite. His objective was SA but he allegedly murdered when an innocent victim refused to cooperate, assumably provoking his anger.

What’s the most obvious connection in terms of modus operandi......might it be that all the I70 victims also refused to comply? But if so, how would an uncooperative SA victim be shot in the back of the head? I’m just curious as I’m probably missing the obvious...

“The wife of Thomas Bruce, Diane Bruce, was blindsided by the arrest and charges against her husband. That’s according to a close friend of hers who asked not to be identified because Mrs. Bruce has received threats.

"And never in her wildest dreams would she have ever even thought anything like that about him, not ever. He was so protective of her and so kind," said the friend.....

.....According to the friend, Diane Bruce wants express her condolences to the family of Jamie Schmidt.

"She would want the families involved to know how sorry she is and horrible she feels about this," said the friend....”

Wife of accused killer Thomas Bruce distraught and very sorry, friend says

I am leaning towards thinking DB may have been the one to have alerted LE to her husband as a suspect in the attack at the Catholic supply store. I am glad she made a statement through her friend. It shows she has compassion and is not defending TB. This is a tough tough situation for her no doubt.

Thank you. The article does have good updated info. The Navy has confirmed he served, but no further info. Schnucks grocery can find no record of his claims of employment. The Veterans Home has no record of him ministering there and no one remembers him.

Sounds like he took his bible to "work" every day and the wife never questioned what he was doing. I wonder if he handled all the money and she had no idea that she was the only earner.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*