GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I-70 Killer - Wikipedia

Tom Bruce

Does anyone else see a resemblance between the composite and this younger photo of TB? The I-70 runs through St Louis. There was no SA in these crimes but the person did target women.

In addition to his resemblance to BG.

Thoughts?

Well, I can't say I can decide on a resemblance but the I-70 Killer certainly came to my mind when this happened. In fact, I mentioned it on my FB feed yesterday. Since I live in the area, the I-70 Killer was fresh in my mind. Certainly, this can't be his first attack. This is one of the strangest cases ever.

Updated suspect description: White male, 5’7” to 5’9”, 40 to 50 YO. Was wearing navy blue Carhartt style work jacket, a plaid red, white, & black shirt, glasses, brown belt w/ a red & blue square on the buckle, & paperboy style hat. See examples. Call 636-529-8210 w/ info.
St. Louis County PD (@stlcountypd) on Twitter
Dressed like the guy on the bridge in Libby and Abigail's terrible murder?

Well, I can't say I can decide on a resemblance but the I-70 Killer certainly came to my mind when this happened. In fact, I mentioned it on my FB feed yesterday. Since I live in the area, the I-70 Killer was fresh in my mind. Certainly, this can't be his first attack. This is one of the strangest cases ever.

I think you might well be onto something. I've been looking at the I-70 killer recently, and this is exactly in line with his MO: Women working at a specialty-type shop in a strip mall along or very near an interstate.

Abby and Libby's case is what brought me to Websleuths. I find the resemblance between the BG sketch and TB to be veeeeeeeery interesting. Add in the odd combo of a Carhartt jacket and flat cap (how many names does this style of cap have anyway!) and the MO of controlling multiple victims in a daylight attack in a public place, and I'm very glad the police are all over the potential connection.

If you scroll down on his FB page, there appears to be a photo of a young TB in a graduation gown. Looks like TB is on the left in that photo. You can see what his hair looked like (now shaves head and/or bald).

Might be useful to know what his hair looks like when comparing him to unsolved crimes with sketches that are not current to 2018.

https://www.facebook.com/jerome.bru...G6ydUS8xGpBIi-M40QllJb_UQvqgI7rXUaTcfgd05PvuA

jmo

More info about his employment/activities in recent years:

Suspect in Catholic Supply store shooting once served as a pastor – Brinkwire

Quotes from the link:
"The chapel where Bruce, 53, served folded about 10 years ago"

"Bruce’s LinkedIn profile lists a past job at the Jewish Community Center of Greater St. Louis and volunteer work at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau"

"He also claimed to have visited inmates at the Cape Girardeau County jail as a pastor from August 2005 to June 2007, though jail officials had not found any record of him working at the jail in any capacity."

More info about his employment/activities in recent years:

Suspect in Catholic Supply store shooting once served as a pastor – Brinkwire

Quotes from the link:
"The chapel where Bruce, 53, served folded about 10 years ago"

"Bruce’s LinkedIn profile lists a past job at the Jewish Community Center of Greater St. Louis and volunteer work at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau"

"He also claimed to have visited inmates at the Cape Girardeau County jail as a pastor from August 2005 to June 2007, though jail officials had not found any record of him working at the jail in any capacity."

I thought it interesting to note, according to TB’s bankruptcy documents dated Jan 11, 2017 he was unemployed at the time, although his wife had a job. Unemployment and financial difficulty often lead to separation, sometimes only temporary.

The Delphi murders occurred only about a month later, Feb 13, 2017.

Thomas Bruce: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

This is a brazen, horrendous crime! Broad daylight and several people! I mean at any point you would think he would be worried one or more of the women would have overpowered him, grabbed a weapon, escaped him, etc. To have complete control over all 3, while raping, I assume climaxing, and yet, still holding them at gunpoint! This guy needs to be shot himself. I feel horrible for his family and wife and if he has kids, learning who he is! Imagine being married to someone like this!

Below was the description of the unidentified man sought n the Catholic supply store attack, prior to the arrest of TB. My only point is that eye witness descriptions are not always totally accurate as he is 53 years old. Is his actual height mentioned anywhere? I wasn’t able to find that.

“Police have set up a search area surrounding the religious book and gifts shop. Police have issued an alert for a man described as being between the ages of 45 and 50 years old, about 5’7” tall with a heavy build, wearing a black jacket and blue jeans with a large belt. He was also wearing a black or gray hat. The man is considered armed and dangerous.”
Search for suspect in deadly Catholic Supply Store shooting

upload_2018-11-24_14-41-16.jpeg

“Bruce was arrested at his trailer on Wednesday after a tip from a member of the public led police to him.”
Missouri man, 53, charged with murdering woman who refused to perform sex act on him, was a pastor | Daily Mail Online

Tragically an innocent victim lost her life but I wonder if it were she who also slugged TB in the eye, visibly marking him as the perp which then led to his arrest? Because after he goes back home, how does he explain away his black eye to his wife? I wonder if it were she who tipped off police? If so, she may also be willing to provide valuable information, which maybe didn’t seem very significant at the time, to connect him with other crimes.

Tragically an innocent victim lost her life but I wonder if it were she who also slugged TB in the eye, visibly marking him as the perp which then led to his arrest? Because after he goes back home, how does he explain away his black eye to his wife? I wonder if it were she who tipped off police? If so, she may also be willing to provide valuable information, which maybe didn’t seem very significant at the time, to connect him with other crimes.
Snipped.

I was thinking he might have resisted arrest and there was a scuffle with LE that lead to the black eye? IDK.

I am curious about the tip that lead to his arrest. I hadn't thought it might have been his wife, but that's a possibility. I was thinking perhaps someone saw him at the strip mall?

I'm very glad he was caught before committing more violence.

jmo

Whatever sent LE to the home of TB was definite enough to send many officers there to secure the scene and apprehend him. I am thinking the tip had to come from someone very close to him. He apparently also has sons, so maybe one of them if not his wife. And I commend them if it indeed was a tip from his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back