GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. I think the plan is, "Strike when I can."

The home invasion is odd though. I would assume he wouldn't push into a house if he thought a man were in the house or more people than just the 77yo. So, that must have taken some planning....unless he knew for sure she lived alone.

jmo

And what was the motive? Did he steal anything?

So was the original plan a sexual assault? Or simply just to invade and beat up?
I don't know. Apparently, he said to her that he was a vet and needed something. Whether that was a rouse to gain entrance to harm the victim or whether he pushed his way in because he intended to rob hasn't been disclosed. I haven't seen any report that he stole anything, but that doesn't mean he didn't.

To me, at this point, it looks like he meant to harm the victim rather than rob, but that is only an assumption and subject to change as we learn more.

Jmo

I don't know. Apparently, he said to her that he was a vet and needed something. Whether that was a rouse to gain entrance to harm the victim or whether he pushed his way in because he intended to rob hasn't been disclosed. I haven't seen any report that he stole anything, but that doesn't mean he didn't.

To me, at this point, it looks like he meant to harm the victim rather than rob, but that is only an assumption and subject to change as we learn more.

Jmo
Imo his intent with women is to assault sexually. I think we will find that in all the cases we know of and in all the cases we will be finding out about.
Then we have his road rage incident and his reaction to being arrested being of violence also.
And yet his wife said that he was so protective of her and so kind.
Talk about a Jekyll and Hyde!

I definitely feel like he has major rage towards women, as evidenced by his social media commentary. In my very layman's opinion, I think there are going to be some very big similarities between TB and other violent misogynists. Women are objects. He gets enraged when women turn him down, not because he is a lothario, but because he hates them and HOW DARE THEY. If he has a history of violence towards men, I'd guess its mostly verbal, and incidental. The women he approached before entering the Catholic Supply store didn't respond to his advances, and then I think the rage overtook him and a woman, any woman, had to pay. He feels powerless when women defy him, and that is unacceptable to him. There are actual studies on this, but I couldn't find one that was not behind a paywall, so here are a few articles/blogs with the point being made better than I ever could. I suspect there will be a long history of borderline violent events associated with this man, if these two crimes do turn out to be his first forays into actual violent crime. Which I doubt.

Misogyny as a Gateway Drug – Kamya Ramaswamy – Medium

Misogyny is a Symptom of Sociopathy

Do you guys think the sexual assaults on women are punishment to them in his mind?
Do we know if was was in a rage when he assaulted them or had a calm demeanor?
It is my thought that he desires to defile them, make "clean" victims dirty. He is sneaky rather than enraged in the atracks against females, imo. My hunch is he is the kind of guy who whispers a disgusting comment to females and who gives a creepy compliment and then puts a woman down if she doesn't appreciate the creepy compliment. I would not be surprised if we learn he sneers ugly insults to the women as he commits the crimes. I think he wants to demean women while at the same time gives the public appearance that he is wholesome.

With the men and authority, it seems like his rage is more open. He openly lashed out in the road rage, and he resisted arrest when cops showed up in force at his home. When contronted, he explodes and the explosion is way over the top.

Armchair opinion, jmo

Last edited:
It is my thought that he desires to defile them, make "clean" victims dirty. He is sneaky rather than enraged in the atracks against females, imo. My hunch is he is the kind of guy who whispers a disgusting comment to females and who gives a creepy compliment and then puts a woman down if she doesn't aporeciate the creepy compliment. I would not be surprised if we learn he sneers ugly insults to the women as he commits the crimes. I think he wants to demean women while at the same time gives the public appearance that he is wholesome.

With the men and authority, it seems like his rage is more open. He openly lashed out in the road rage, and he resisted arrest when cops showed up in force at his home. When contronted, he explodes and the explosion is way over the top.

Armchair opinion, jmo
That would be "serial" like imo. This is the first crime he has been caught at. If the others that I believe will be coming forward tell of his disgusting comments (if it is what he does) that will be his calling card that helps link the crimes. I wonder if he has committed murders all along too.
Makes me wonder what else the BG killer said to the girls and was recorded.
Has anyone heard TB's voice yet?

Last edited:
That would be "serial" like imo. This is the first crime he has been caught at. If the others that I believe will be coming forward tell of his disgusting comments (if it is what he does) that will be his calling card that helps link the crimes. I wonder if he has committed murders all along too.
Makes me wonder what else the BG killer said to the girls and was recorded.
Has anyone heard TB's voice yet?
Regarding others coming forward, it seems like the 77yo home-invasion victim came forward when she recognized his photo - that is my interpretion from the articles to date, not fact. It makes sense a local would have seen his photo in the news.

I am concerned some other crimes he might have committed are not local and those victims might have no idea that TB has been arrested and might not have seen any coverage of him. Their local LE might not be making the connection. He might not have left DNA to link him, either.

Maybe his voice and words will be key. I hope in other cases, anything the perp said to victims has been noted. What if Libby provided that thread to follow? I want to be hopeful about that.

Jmo

So many rapes go unreported is my understanding. If TB is a serial rapist (and I believe he is) I wonder how many he has assaulted vs how many have been reported.
Also, iirc he liked to take long drives and was often unemployed or didn't need to clock in. These rapes could have happened all over the place but more than likely within a certain radius. I'm thinking within a certain radius because of timing to get home to his wife, someone that might question his whereabouts. We do know the rapes in the store were in the afternoon. Do we know what time the elderly woman was assaulted?

Regarding others coming forward, it seems like the 77yo home-invasion victim came forward when she recognized his photo - that is my interpretion from the articles to date, not fact. It makes sense a local would have seen his photo in the news.

I am concerned some other crimes he might have committed are not local and those victims might have no idea that TB has been arrested and might not have seen any coverage of him. Their local LE might not be making the connection. He might not have left DNA to link him, either.

Maybe his voice and words will be key. I hope in other cases, anything the perp said to victims has been noted. What if Libby provided that thread to follow? I want to be hopeful about that.

Jmo
I want to be hopeful about that too. She did what she could so that LE could catch their killer. What a brave child.

So many rapes go unreported is my understanding. If TB is a serial rapist (and I believe he is) I wonder how many he has assaulted vs how many have been reported.
Also, iirc he liked to take long drives and was often unemployed or didn't need to clock in. These rapes could have happened all over the place but more than likely within a certain radius. I'm thinking within a certain radius because of timing to get home to his wife, someone that might question his whereabouts. We do know the rapes in the store were in the afternoon. Do we know what time the elderly woman was assaulted?
The home invasion was "dinner time."

@JimmyPerez - can you help us figure this out?

tia

Criminal Complaint filed on November 21, 2018 is attached. It shows 8 counts of Armed Criminal Action, so I don't see where there were ever only 3? Let me know if I missed/forgot something.

<modsnip: Attachment removed as per member request; redacted PDF will be attached when available>

Last edited by a moderator:
Count 17 says May 2, 2017. Can you please explain that? Tia
Count 17 is weird. Sounds like he hid clothes (evidence) worn during a murder - just like he did after the Catholic store murder. I Googled the street names mentioned and found this article:

Body found in crashed car along Riverview in Spanish Lake

I didn't search any further to see if there was a suspect identified or charged, or a trial, etc.

Also, Count 17 mentions "JS" which seems like it could be initials of the perp. We need to figure out who that is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back