MO MO - Teresa Butler, 35, Risco, 25 Jan 2006 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.kmov.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8UF09L81.html

2 years later, southeast Missouri woman still missing

01/28/2008

Two years after Teresa Butler disappeared, friends and family are still seeking closure.

More at Link..

Another Story: http://www.dailystatesman.com/story/1306719.html

Since that time several stories, rumors, and questions have stirred about what might have happened. In fact, in December 2006, law enforcement officials felt the need to follow up on a rumor which had them excavating a site at Tallapoosa, Mo. The dig turned up no additional leads.

More at link.

I have been keeping up with this case on Topix from the time Teresa disappeared. It has been a long time and interesting turns and twists. A few months ago the NMPD was led to a ditch where they believe they recovered Teresa's camera and a small red tool box also believed to belong to her.
They are now saying that the 4 and 1/2 year old talked and talked after Teresa's disappearance about a blonde haired women putting tape on his mom's mouth that night. At the time the NM PD said he was too young to know what he was talking about and they dismissed what he told them and have not followed through with this lead.
Teresa is still missing.

I wonder what the husband's ex-wife looks like? Didn't Teresa and her husband get together while he was still married? Hadn't she been calling Teresa? Maybe the ex got her revenge. Course she could be a dark haired woman wearing a blonde wig.
LE should always listen to the children. Especially a 4 year old.

I don't understand why they didnt listen to the children. They may be small but children are not dumb. i have a 2.5 year old. he doesnt miss a thing. i wonder if the ex wife had blonde hair? I am from missouri and had not heard about this case

I don't understand why they didnt listen to the children. They may be small but children are not dumb. i have a 2.5 year old. he doesnt miss a thing. i wonder if the ex wife had blonde hair? I am from missouri and had not heard about this case
You have to understand the mantality of SE Missouri to understand why New Madrid County will not listen to the children. SE Missouri is natorious for destroying families. And it is not limited to New Madrid County either. Many surrounding counties have many problems. That kind of stuff goes on everywhere, but take for instance Butler County, there is one County between New Mardrid County and Butler County, I can tell you stories about Butler County that would curl your toes, yet.... the truth will never become known, people know what happened, people will not speak. It is out of fear. I can not say that is the case with our dear Teresa, however, knowing the area as I do, I can say this will eventually become just another unsolved case. Even if LE can find a body, or remains, it will never become public. You know what I mean? AND NO I do not know anything as far as this case goes, I just know that that area of MO is like that. Having lived there for longer than I would liked to have and having my life ruined in that area and many people that I know and love have their lives ruined in that area I can just say, the people in that area are tight mouthed.

I've heard that about other areas too. Makes me shake my head. You would think that people would want justice for people that disappear and are later found dead. I'm so glad that things aren't that way here.

They call Missouri the "Show Me State" and there is a reason. If you do not see it, witness it, feel it touch it... It does not exist.

Back in the 1980's a young mother went missing from Butler County, she was found some days later strangled in a ditch. No one to this day has ever been charged. At this time her name escapes me but next time I talk to my grand mother I will ask her the name. She was friends with the vic. I was pretty young when it happened and can remember my mom and grandmother talking about it.

There are a lot of stories about the bootheel, a lot to do with very strange cult like activities. I do not know if any of them are true or not, but have heard some strange stories in the past years. Things that make it hard to get a good nihts rest after hearing them.

But back to dear Teresa, Risco, MO is in New Madrid County. Risco is only a few miles from the Mississippi River. If you look on a map it seems that if you were to follow highway 62 East of Risco it shows only being 11 or 12 miles maybe to the river. I think it might be of interest to start looking along the trail of the river. Where the river flows and its outlets. Not just in Missouri either because as well know, sometimes bodies and or remains show up states away because they have floated down river. I hate to start thinking to look in other places, but its been so long, and there is no new or good information to go on.

Looking at how remote the town is, it is unlikely, not impossible but unlikely that this is a random crime.

Glad that I don't live around there. If I came up missing and murdered I would want people to look for me and then find my killer. That is horrible about the young lady that was murdered and her killer not even looked for.

I think Teresa was murdered by someone that she knew. Of course the husband is always first on the suspect list. I don't know what kind of a marriage they had though. I know that his ex was giving Teresa a hard time. I guess Teresa took her husband away from her and of course that created problems between the two women. But would that ex go as far as to murder Teresa? Probably not as Teresa and her husband had been married for a few years already. But the little 4 yr old saying it was a blond haired lady does make a person wonder. Was there a different wife or girlfriend that felt threatened by Teresa? Was there ever any rumor of Teresa fooling around on her husband. I wonder?

Glad that I don't live around there. If I came up missing and murdered I would want people to look for me and then find my killer. That is horrible about the young lady that was murdered and her killer not even looked for.

I think Teresa was murdered by someone that she knew. Of course the husband is always first on the suspect list. I don't know what kind of a marriage they had though. I know that his ex was giving Teresa a hard time. I guess Teresa took her husband away from her and of course that created problems between the two women. But would that ex go as far as to murder Teresa? Probably not as Teresa and her husband had been married for a few years already. But the little 4 yr old saying it was a blond haired lady does make a person wonder. Was there a different wife or girlfriend that felt threatened by Teresa? Was there ever any rumor of Teresa fooling around on her husband. I wonder?

I think he would have said if it was the x-wife as the children would know her by site. A lot of people suspected the husband but his alibi is pretty tight. I actually do not live in the area and do not personally know anyone involved. I just happened to run across the newspaper article on Topix and could not seem to stop going back there every day to see what was happening and of course praying for Teresa. I did not know about crime boards or that there were so many missing people. Theresa's case has taught me so much about the missing and how a person can just disappear without a trace. I never felt that She ran away because so many said she would never leave her boys. Even her husband said she would not leave them and run away. I still pray that she is found and brought home and those responsible are charged and convicted.

I wonder if someone followed her home from work that night? Who would have had a motive to murder her? I guess the police don't have a clue what happened do they?

The X-wife harrased her at work, by phone etc.. I think she might of had something to do with it. I think Teresa's husband is innocent.

Blonde haired woman a guy? Young, smooth skinned? The Amber Lee case reminded me of this one.

Strach I don't understand what you are saying? I'm tired and it's past midnight here so it's probably just brain fog lol..anyway I just wish Teresa would be found. I think about her/this case often.. I think of her children without their mommy. From all sources she was a wonderful adoring mommy to her kids and a great wife.

Blonde haired woman a guy? Young, smooth skinned? The Amber Lee case reminded me of this one.

That is what I was thinking today. It could have been a guy wearing a blond wig just incase anyone saw him. I wonder if it was one of the guys that had been hanging out there with the husband. Maybe he took a liking to Theresa and she didn't return it. I hope LE questioned everyone who had been at the house around that time.

I think about Teresa often and about her children also. It must be terrible to grow up and wonder what happened to your mother Is she dead? Is she alive? What a sad situation for them and Teresa's family. I know this will be solved some day. I just hope who ever took her is identified too.

It's amazing how people can disappear and never been seen again. How can that be? So many people are missing...it is like they were there one second and gone the next.

Weren't there some friends of the husbands who hung out at the house a lot or had stayed there...something like that. I wonder if it could have been someone they knew that had his eye on Theresa? This is such a puzzle. Didn't the oldest boy say the person had long blond hair? I wonder if they had any male friends with long blond hair or if someone was wearing a wig...like the husband's ex who gave Theresa a hard time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back