MO MO - Teresa Butler, 35, Risco, 25 Jan 2006 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have never that the boy said he saw someone come into the house or saw Teresa leave with someone. That is pretty significant. If the son knew the person surely he would be able to tell LE who it was. My first instinct, as usual, is the ex-husband with who she had been having issues with.

I wonder if the little boy was old enough to work with a artist to draw a picture of the person that he saw the night Theresa disappeared? Seems like he said the person had long blond hair. I might be wrong though. If this is true Theresa either went with the person willingly or she didn't make a fuss because she didn't want to scare her boys. I've always thought it was the husband too. I wonder if we will ever know what really took place and where she is?

I wonder if the little boy was old enough to work with a artist to draw a picture of the person that he saw the night Theresa disappeared? Seems like he said the person had long blond hair. I might be wrong though. If this is true Theresa either went with the person willingly or she didn't make a fuss because she didn't want to scare her boys. I've always thought it was the husband too. I wonder if we will ever know what really took place and where she is?

I worry that Teresa’s case will never be solved. She disappeared from a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. She’s been gone almost 3 years, and someone, somewhere, does know something. We can’t forget Teresa. She seems like a beautiful person, and her two little boys have been without their mommy for too long. I didn’t know Teresa, but after reading everything I can find on her disappearance, I just don’t feel like she would walk out on her kids. I’ve been a lurking fan of Websleuths for years, but wondering about Teresa so much has changed that. Teresa’s case has lacked major news exposure; she deserves so much more. Something is very wrong here in southeast Missouri for a hard-working and loving mom like Teresa to just vanish with so few clues. I pray for answers and closure for her family soon.

After three years, no leads in case of missing New Madrid County woman

NEW MADRID COUNTY, Mo. — Sunday marked three years since Teresa Butler was reported missing from her home on Eight Ditch Road at Risco, Mo., in New Madrid County. Last year on the anniversary of her disappearance, friends and family hung yellow ribbons throughout the area in hopes of renewing interest in the case and finding an answer to her disappearance.

http://www.semissourian.com/article/20090127/NEWS01/701279994/-1/news01

I worry that Teresa’s case will never be solved. She disappeared from a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. She’s been gone almost 3 years, and someone, somewhere, does know something. We can’t forget Teresa. She seems like a beautiful person, and her two little boys have been without their mommy for too long. I didn’t know Teresa, but after reading everything I can find on her disappearance, I just don’t feel like she would walk out on her kids. I’ve been a lurking fan of Websleuths for years, but wondering about Teresa so much has changed that. Teresa’s case has lacked major news exposure; she deserves so much more. Something is very wrong here in southeast Missouri for a hard-working and loving mom like Teresa to just vanish with so few clues. I pray for answers and closure for her family soon.

What gets me is - you would think with as much construction, building of new houses, suburbs expanding, population growth leading to more construction in areas that were once secluded more missing people who are presumed deceased would be found. I am always amazed with how long, sometimes forever, missing people bodies/skeletal remains go undiscovered.

I don't think Teresa left voluntarily. I think her son is the key to solving this case. He saw someone come into their house that day. A 41/2 yr old is old enough to communicate what he saw. He said he saw a woman put tape over his mommy's mouth - how could he make that up all on his own? He wouldn't. I wonder if the 'woman' isn't really a man with long hair?
I wish LE would not dismiss her son so quickly.

Bumping again, I keep hoping one day there will be news!

VB

A big bump for Teresa. She's been missing for four years...

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1604991.html
I'm not sure how to post a link to a news story. Hope this works.

Pretty good 'official' summary of the case. While I am no fan of polygraphs, the husband submitted to one and it was felt he was truthful. That coupled with his alibi does not put him at the top of the list in my book.

Did these people have a computer? I know it has been 4 years but they should have checked that stuff out long ago.

Still does not answer the question where did she go or who did she leave with.

I read the article and think I missed what time did she dissappear, I know at 10 am, her husband got home, was he gone all night since her sister in law was the last to see her the night before. It says he was with a couple.. All night? If someone was disguise why would she let them in if she didn't recognize them? Maybe they don't lock the doors, and someone snuck up on her, after her sis in law left. The boys would of been sleeping.

I don't understand why this case only has 4 pages. This is a huge mystery. I'm coming to the conclusion if Nancy Grace doesn't cover a case then it doesnt get any attention, and its funny I don't watch her. Sorry to be grumpy and complain. But this is crazy. I'm wondering who was also missing in 06 that got all the coverage.

Hoping for news....some day there will be. Think positive. Her poor boys. Never thought too much of the husband..at all. Think he had a hand in it, but that's jmo.

What gets me is - you would think with as much construction, building of new houses, suburbs expanding, population growth leading to more construction in areas that were once secluded more missing people who are presumed deceased would be found. I am always amazed with how long, sometimes forever, missing people bodies/skeletal remains go undiscovered.

I don't think Teresa left voluntarily. I think her son is the key to solving this case. He saw someone come into their house that day. A 41/2 yr old is old enough to communicate what he saw. He said he saw a woman put tape over his mommy's mouth - how could he make that up all on his own? He wouldn't. I wonder if the 'woman' isn't really a man with long hair?
I wish LE would not dismiss her son so quickly.

Bolded by me, you have to understand in Risco there is nothing new, no expansion, no population growth...it's a tiny, tiny little community no businesses. I live about 45 minutes away. When driving through you barely even notice it except for a few houses along the side of the highway. There isn't any traffic lights or even a stop sign on the highway, you just drive right through it on your way to the next rural area. I put up flyers here, some are even still up but of course there's never even been a sighting of Teresa. In my own opinion I don't think she'll ever be found. So sad.

Thanks Kseal for the insight. I am from Springfield, MO, born and raised, my travels never took me through Risco but I have been to other tiny Missouri towns which are similar. I knew Risco was a small town but I don't think I realized it was a 'blink-and-you-miss-it' town. I don't know if she will be found either but I have hope. I follow most Missouri missing because my roots and my home are there and I think of Teresa, Angie Hammond and the missing 3 women from Springfield often.

Bless you for taking the time and intiative to hang up posters of Teresa around your area. You never know what one small action can result in.

This case continues to haunt me.
I can't help but keep wondering about the ex-wife.
Does anyone know what her husband is doing now?
I know police say he's not a suspect because his alibi holds up plus he took the lie detector test but I wish he had been more active/vocal in the search for her.

VB

I read the article and think I missed what time did she dissappear, I know at 10 am, her husband got home, was he gone all night since her sister in law was the last to see her the night before. It says he was with a couple.. All night? If someone was disguise why would she let them in if she didn't recognize them? Maybe they don't lock the doors, and someone snuck up on her, after her sis in law left. The boys would of been sleeping.

I don't understand why this case only has 4 pages. This is a huge mystery. I'm coming to the conclusion if Nancy Grace doesn't cover a case then it doesnt get any attention, and its funny I don't watch her. Sorry to be grumpy and complain. But this is crazy. I'm wondering who was also missing in 06 that got all the coverage.

I understand your frustration, I've felt it also.
As far as what was getting the coverage when she went missing, not sure exactly what the top headlines were right then but Natalie Holloway went missing that spring and also there was a thought of a break in JonBennet's case with the wacko Karr confessing later that summer.

It was my feeling from the start that there was just to much of a laid back approach to Teresa missing and somehow clues/answers were expected to jump in the laps of those in charge and no one was fighting hard enough to get the national coverage.

About her husband being gone all night, he worked the midnight shift so did not get home until the next morning. It's very possible the wrong people knew he would not be home and she was quite vulnerable with only the 2 very young children with her, also she could be forced to leave with someone as a way to save/protect her children. The 4 yo son may in time be able to understand better just what it was he saw that night but such a small child could also IMO easily get false memories mixed in with what really did happen.

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back