MO MO - Teresa Butler, 35, Risco, 25 Jan 2006 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bobbisangel said:
I wish we would hear something on this case. Most mothers won't just leave and not take their children with them. To leave them home alone until the husband got home at 10:00 am doesn't sound right at all. Anything could have happened to them.

I have never heard anything about this case, anywhere else, just this one messagethread at Websleuths. I'm pretty surprised that this didn't receive national attention - as you say, there is no way she'd simply up & leave, without her kids - NO way.

Another poster hypothesized that maybe something happened at her job.

Personally, I am very worried that MAYBE this case isn't receiving national attention because Walmart doesn't want it in the news -- could that be possible?

There continues to be nothing here in the local news about this case. I have heard, (may just be nothing but rumor) that the husband now has a girlfriend moved in with him. I'm hoping there is something going on with the investigation and we're just not hearing about it.

Old Broad

Wait, he has a girlfriend already? Shesh!

News article from today:

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=4919248&nav=menu51_1

Buchanan also worries about her grandchildren living in the house their mother disappeared from, and wonders if they might hold the answer to what happened that fateful night.

But that's a theory New Madrid County Sheriff, Terry Stevens doesn't believe he can prove.

"If they have any answers, I feel like they're not capable of verbalizing them to us," he says.

All the same, the sheriff hasn't given up hope, and vows he'll someday have answers for the Butler family.

"I'm still optimistic we're going to resolve this," he says.

P
olice still have no suspects in the case.

I wonder what the girlfriend knows?

Bizarre -- absolutely bizarre, wouldn't you just luv to move in with someone whose wife VANISHED?

How sad for the grandparents.

Something is very wrong here. Teresa vanished at the end of January and he has another women living in his home with him and their sons already????? They aren't even just dating...she is living with him!! I think LE better go back and take a good long look at this husband. People have been known to pass Polygraphs even when they are guilty. He cheated on his first wife and now his second wife has been missing a little over FOUR months...he doesn't know if she is dead or alive or what and he has already found someone to replace her?? I wonder how long ago he met this woman and how long they had been seeing each other? It is doubtful they met one night and he asked her to move in the next night! Maybe she is the one who called Teresa at work and that is why Teresa was upset. Maybe she confronted her hubby and all hell broke loose. She could have even heard about the other woman from someone and called her husband at home to confront him.

If being at work is the husband's alibi I wonder if he could have left work that night for awhile and then gone back? Heck, he could have gone home....did something to Teresa and put her in the trunk of his car...gone back to work and then did something with her body after work. Most night shifts end around 8:00 a.m. Where was he until 10:00 when he got home? As far as that goes, if Tersea was at work that night she could have been home before he even left for work. Most night shifts begin around 11:00 p.m. If they had a babysitter then someone would have had to take her home. I wonder if it was Teresa or the husband. I hope LE questioned the babysitter. If there was no babysitter then the husband would have been home until Teresa got home from work. If she came home and confronted him then something could have happened before he started his shift. He still could have put her in the trunk of his car or somewhere until after he got off work.

That female who moved in with him must not be much if she would move in when his wife has only been missing for FOUR months. Just doesn't say much for either of them.

dulcinea said:
Is it possible she witnessed something at work and someone threatened her? Maybe someone was involved in embezzlement or stealing from the store. My brother received death threats when he caught someone stealing from the register. (Luckily nothing ever happened to him.) I know women can be vindictive and hold grudges for years over miniscule things, but I just don't think the ex is involved here. I would like to think one woman would be compassionate enough not to take a mother away from two young childen.
Don't worry she didn't witness anything at work !!!!! The only thing she witnessed was someone she knew coming into her house ! the kids saw something !!!! but won't talk about it!!!!! if anyone else knows otherwise please reply !!! Also does anyone know who Dale's good friend from Florida ?,the one who was visiting days before Teresa vanished into thin air! heard he might have into drugs.

Case of missing New Madrid County woman frustrating for family, police

Sunday, July 23, 2006
Steve Hankins

RISCO, Mo., -- A little more than six months ago, Teresa Butler cooked meals for her family here, played with her kids in the yard, enjoyed her photography hobby and worked at her job at Dexter's Wal-Mart Supercenter.

But the 35-year-old daughter, wife and mother of two young boys vanished without a trace from her rural New Madrid County home in the evening hours of Jan. 24 or the early morning hours of Jan. 25, police said...

(click on link to see complete newspaper story) article in the DDD out of Kennett is availabThe article in the DDD out of Kennett isilablehttp://www.dddnews.com/story/1161390.html online already. Here is the link. http://www.dddnews.com/story/1161390.html le oline already. Here is the

Chris said:
Case of missing New Madrid County woman frustrating for family, police

Sunday, July 23, 2006
Steve Hankins

RISCO, Mo., -- A little more than six months ago, Teresa Butler cooked meals for her family here, played with her kids in the yard, enjoyed her photography hobby and worked at her job at Dexter's Wal-Mart Supercenter.

But the 35-year-old daughter, wife and mother of two young boys vanished without a trace from her rural New Madrid County home in the evening hours of Jan. 24 or the early morning hours of Jan. 25, police said...

(click on link to see complete newspaper story) article in the DDD out of Kennett is availabThe article in the DDD out of Kennett isilablehttp://www.dddnews.com/story/1161390.html online already. Here is the link. http://www.dddnews.com/story/1161390.html le oline already. Here is the

So sad seeing those boys and her husband......Prayers for her return.

I'm glad to see that the case is getting some media attention again, every little bit helps to keep it in the public eye.

I just saw the pictures of her two little boys you guys this is heart breaking. Someone notify Nancy Grace...why isnt she plastered all over the news like Natalee and Laci? Every human being is as important as the next. This is a beautiful young lady with 2 innocent little guys who need their mom. I'll email Nancy too even though I am never good at putting things into words.

I don't think that Teresa left her home and boys because that is what she wanted to do. It seems pretty obvious that someone took everything that they could sell to a fence or second hand store. Because there was no sign that there had been a fight or anything it seems that Teresa must have known the person or else she didn't struggle because of her little boys. Maybe the person said he would hurt her children if she didn't go quietly with him.

I feel so bad for her husband. He sounds so forlorne. I wonder why LE isn't keeping in touch with him at least once a week. They have to know the hell he is going through. He deserves to know what they are doing and if they are getting any leads. Wasn't there a question about the ex-wife at one time? Didn't she call Teresa and threaten her?

If LE think that the boys saw something why haven't they had a child therapist talk to them. They are trained to talk to children and see if they can find out if they saw or heard anything. Maybe the oldest little boy heard something or recognized a voice or something. It's been a long time now but I still hope that Teresa is found alive. If not, I hope that she is found. Her family needs an end to this. I don't think that Teresa would delibertly put her family through this.

Missing woman's husband's world is caving in
By: CJ Cassidy

RISCO, Mo. - It's been almost nine months since Teresa Butler simply disappeared. Her husband reported the 35-year-old missing when he returned home from his overnight job, back in January.

Now Dale Butler has even more problems, and he's turning to you for help. "My little one says daddy our house is broke. I say daddy don't have no money to fix it," Dale Butler says. He says his world began crumbling around him when his wife disappeared in January.....

Complete KFVS TV 12 News Article by CJ Cassidy
http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=5553162&nav=8H3x

This poor guy. Seems like he has just been through the mill. I hope that he got help getting his house fixed up. I can understand him not wanting to leave just in case Teresa comes home. Sure different then Scott Peterson who wanted to sell his house furnished a week or two after Laci disappeared.

I wonder what happened to Teresa? It is like she just vanished into thin air like so many other people. I really wish that she would be found for the sake of her husband and those two little boys and the rest of their family. How sad for this to just go on and on and on.

I may be jumping into to a frying pan here, but the last I read about Teresa's disappearance, on other boards - I hadn't discoverd WS yet, had every finger pointing at her husband. He had a new girlfriend and everything. Have I lost my mind - or was it just a few people thinking that Dale had everything to do with it?? Just a sanity check here. Thanks.

OK... hello.. just why are they using the little boy for the sympathy effect? it is the father, or the media that's doing that?? that's pretty tacky IMO.

Let me jump in one more time. I'm a single mom w/3 kids and I have more crap breaking and pipes busting than you can imagine. But it seems to me that even I could nail up some plywood or some sort of boards and keep the rain out. I mean, you know..............

SailorMoon said:
Let me jump in one more time. I'm a single mom w/3 kids and I have more crap breaking and pipes busting than you can imagine. But it seems to me that even I could nail up some plywood or some sort of boards and keep the rain out. I mean, you know..............

I actually called the number in that article and then was put in touch with Paula. She told me that since his wife disappeared he has been in a really bad accident and is on temporary disability. He may not be physically able to do a lot and he definitely cannot afford to have anyone else do it (she explained the financial situation which I won't post here).

The reason I called her was to suggest the show Extreme Makeover Home Edition. We both ended up laughing because she had the application in her hand at that very moment. She is going to help him apply but she says it takes so long. She said that one company is donating materials for a new roof. She also said the smallest one does not want to move in case Mommy comes home...what if she can't find them.

She says Montel is going to have him on. She really wants Nancy Grace to cover it because they think she's still alive somewhere. She says anyone with any pull, please try to get Nancy to cover it.

SailorMoon said:
I may be jumping into to a frying pan here, but the last I read about Teresa's disappearance, on other boards - I hadn't discoverd WS yet, had every finger pointing at her husband. He had a new girlfriend and everything. Have I lost my mind - or was it just a few people thinking that Dale had everything to do with it?? Just a sanity check here. Thanks.

One of those articles says he is not dating...that there are rumors that he has a new girlfriend. The lady (who has sons his age) who is trying to help the family speaks very highly of him and the children. She didn't mention anything about a new girlfriend and we talked for quite awhile.

Hmmm your right. I never thought of that they said he was in a accident and can't work or do things? But on the video where they showed him talking about the sons might lose some of their toys he was walking around and pointing and talking just fine.. I don't know about this case anymore something obviously is weird going on but then again a missing mother/wife is never NOT weird...:snooty:

SailorMoon said:

On Sunday, Nov. 26, 2006, we will be having a candlelight vigil/benefit in honor of Teresa Lynn Butler's 36th birthday. This is a celebration of life and of hope. Full Circle, a very popular local gospel group, has donated their time that afternoon to come and sing a few songs. Anyone who knew Teresa and would like to say a few words about her is welcome to do so. We will pass a flame of hope throughout the church; hope that Teresa will soon come back to us. Brenda, Teresa's sister, is planning to release 36 pink balloons in honor of Teresa's birthday. Pink was one of Teresa's favorite colors and that color scheme will be carried throughout this benefit. We will have pink ribbons with Teresa's name on them. We will also have pink bows on the candles. We are also planning to serve birthday cake and a few other refreshments in the fellowship hall of the church. Please come on out and attend this celebration of Teresa with us. And I also want to mention that we will be taking a love offering for Teresa's sons to help get them anything that they might need this time of year. This is just a love offering. If you can give, that would be great, but if you can't, then just being there to celebrate with us is gift and love enough. There are also about 15 t-shirts with Teresa's picture on them that will be for sale. Brenda will have them at the church. The price for those is $15 each. Here is the information about this event.

When--November 26, 2006
Time-- 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Where--Pleasant View General Baptist Church in Risco, MO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member