Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
verified KC 41 action news reporter;

https://twitter.com/Jhelmuth.

Thanks. I see now. That's good to know. The direct link to that tweet is here in case anyone wants to see it. I think it's okay to share because it is the video of the police press release.[video=twitter;822545252963774464]https://twitter.com/Jhelmuth/status/822545252963774464[/video]

At first they said it was a GPS. Later that was changed to say it only tracked her speed. However, there continue to be statements that the GPS last tracked her to the QuikTrip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what they are saying is that the unit merely tracks the speed using gps, but only sending the speed data. So maybe it doesn't record that location data, but rather is just sending out data about your speed?

So if the cross reference the time that they stopped receiving data with the other times we are aware of, such as her atm transaction, they would be able to definitively say that the data stopped being sent while she was at the QT.

Make sense?

Just speculation here, but I can see the sense in having a gps unit that isn't logging your location, but rather just sending data regarding your speed. Maybe someone can confirm this, but I think it makes sense since that is the primary reason the insurance companies want you to have one and will give you a reduced rate for allowing one.

Thanks. I see now. That's good to know. The direct link to that tweet is here in case anyone wants to see it. I think it's okay to share because it is the video of the police press release.[video=twitter;822545252963774464]https://twitter.com/Jhelmuth/status/822545252963774464[/video]

Also this

Josh Helmuth ‏@Jhelmuth 59m59 minutes ago
Some of Toni's friends headed to downtown KC near this QT to search as well. Some believe she was headed here to meet someone Sun morn

C2o-tMiXgAAvMzt.jpg

https://twitter.com/Jhelmuth

This is the QuickTrip on Southwest/31st where it was originally said she was headed and where it said she used the ATM and was last seen (before that info was changed)

Or the text could be referring to being pulled over a 2nd time, but by a police impersonator. The possibility of a "fake cop" was briefly discussed in the beginning of the thread. I also saw several FB posts from locals stating they had seen or heard of a law enforcement impersonator attempting to pull over vehicles in the area.

JMO, MOO, etc

Also this

Josh Helmuth ‏@Jhelmuth 59m59 minutes ago
Some of Toni's friends headed to downtown KC near this QT to search as well. Some believe she was headed here to meet someone Sun morn

https://twitter.com/Jhelmuth

This is the QuickTrip on Southwest/31st where it was originally said she was headed and where it said she used the ATM and was last seen (before that info was changed)

It's so odd to me that they would go look there, when we factually know that she was at the other QuickTrip. If her GPS thing stop sending data near the QT way north of there, why would you go look at the QT we know she wasn't at?

Not at all against checking out that other QT if there is a possibility she was heading there next, however I'm a bit skeptical of that based on what we know so far. It'd make me even more suspicious of some illegal activity if she is going to multiple QT locations at that hour of the night.

I do wonder exactly who gave the QT tip and how they knew exactly what QT she was rushing to. I believe that was the bf? Or was he repeating what someone else had told him?

Just throwing it out there guys, because of this very topic ---

Is it possible that she was delivering drugs **to be sold**, to street dealers? Not at all unlikely that someone selling drugs might be doing it near high traffic night spot as it becomes less suspicious because of that traffic.

just saying... am I the only one that is curious about why there is confusion about this QT she's rushing too and we find out she's at another one well out of the path of what people are saying?

hmmmm... just saying.

It's so odd to me that they would go look there, when we factually know that she was at the other QuickTrip. If her GPS thing stop sending data near the QT way north of there, why would you go look at the QT we know she wasn't at?

Not at all against checking out that other QT if there is a possibility she was heading there next, however I'm a bit skeptical of that based on what we know so far. It'd make me even more suspicious of some illegal activity if she is going to multiple QT locations at that hour of the night.

I do wonder exactly who gave the QT tip and how they knew exactly what QT she was rushing to. I believe that was the bf? Or was he repeating what someone else had told him?

Is it possible that she was delivering drugs **to be sold**, to street dealers? Not at all unlikely that someone selling drugs might be doing it near high traffic night spot as it becomes less suspicious because of that traffic.

just saying... am I the only one that is curious about why there is confusion about this QT she's rushing too and we find out she's at another one well out of the path of what people are saying?

hmmmm... just saying.

No you sure ain't the only one!!

I am having trouble following a lot of this case.

So did her car actually have a GPS? Or just something that tracked her speed for insurance purposes?

I would like to know why they aren't releasing video or images of her at ATM or during the traffic stop.

Josh Helmuth ‏@Jhelmuth
Matt and I just spoke with KCPD. Flew drone over Toni's route from Sunday. Found nothing. No luck finding car using ins. GPS #bringtonihome

hmmmm... just saying.

If she was involved in the transfer of drugs--OR was even SUSPECTED of being--it might also add to the reasons police officers were said to stop her often.

Maybe, like a cell phone, the GPS doesn't give exact routes, but the "pings" do tell which tower she was closest to when it sent a signal...so they can estimate a possible route?

The level of monitoring and the exact process vary among insurers.
Progressive tracks only mileage, how often a car is driven and braking habits. Other companies such as Allstate have programs that track trip routes and locations, along with other driving habits. Most companies require drivers to remain in the program for a minimum of six months to receive discounts.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/22/insurance-driver-discounts-not-worth-privacy-cost-/

With Progressive, the GPS is called snapshot ... https://www.progressive.com/auto/snapshot/

In this clip he states that the QT video shows her pulling up, getting gas and leaving. Unless he's omitting any further video evidence from there can we conclude that she did in fact go to the other QT like originally stated on 31st and used the ATM there??

ETA: hence why the search party is looking in that location

Thank you Lawdini01234l! That answers a few questions I had.

In this clip he states that the QT video shows her pulling up, getting gas and leaving. Unless he's omitting any further video evidence from there can we conclude that she did in fact go to the other QT like originally stated on 31st and used the ATM there??

ETA: hence why the search party is looking in that location

Also, I believe the boyfriend said she was headed to a specific QT.

Her dad suggested, in one article, she might've needed gas so she stopped at the closest QT(though out of her way) before apparently heading to the other one??

What are other reasons why she might go to more than one QT? Is it possible there's another explanation for hitting more than one of them?

Shannon O'Brien is on the road with those searching for missing 20-year-old Toni Anderson, and was able to obtain surveillance video taken across the street from the QT where Anderson was last seen

[video]https://www.facebook.com/fox4kc/videos/10154507024648645/[/video]

Also, I believe the boyfriend said she was headed to a specific QT.

Her dad suggested, in one article, she might've needed gas so she stopped at the closest QT(though out of her way) before apparently heading to the other one??

What are other reasons why she might go to more than one QT? Is it possible there's another explanation for hitting more than one of them?

Here's something I found, and you might notice some similarities to aspects in this case :

[FONT=&amp]We had met at a bar. I told him I was an economist. He told me he was a pot dealer. You might think we wouldn’t have had much to talk about. But the most exciting story in economics is one where an innovation disrupts a market and creates new ones. So once he said the “dark web” had totally changed his business model in just a few years, I knew he could tell me things that would really blow my mind.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The dealer, Paul (not his real name), explained how much easier it is to do business if he orders his supply over the web. In some ways, it’s safer—he can buy a wider range of cannabis, gets more consistent quality, doesn’t have to personally interact with his suppliers, and it’s quick and easy. But getting large amounts of marijuana shipped to him through the mail remains a major source of risk. To minimize it he employs a third party—a facilitator—to handle the delivery.

The facilitator rents a carefully vetted Airbnb and arranges for a naive student to be there to sign for the package. The student then takes it to a second location, often a convenience store where the facilitator has a relationship with the owner. He collects the package from there, splits it into smaller portions, and passes those on to street dealers for sale. For taking on the most risk, the facilitator gets 60% of Paul’s profits.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]That 60% got my attention. After all, the market for drugs is notoriously inefficient. Street dealers, who face the most risk of violence and arrest, aren’t compensated for it. But in Paul’s model, the biggest risk-taker was the facilitator, and he was getting the biggest share of the profits, just as economic theory said he should. If what Paul told me was true, I wondered, could the dark web be creating a better functioning and more efficient drug market?[/FONT]

I don't think the amount of gas (if any) has been disclosed at this point.

If she took out only a little bit of money to pay for gas and snacks, though, or wasn't even able to get out a small sum (say because someone else drained or froze the account on her), that also would suggest possibilities.

My guess is she had enough money on her, either way, to purchase some gas. I waitressed in high school YEARS ago and in a normal dining establishment. After work, I always had cash on me from tips. My guess is she'd have more than I did.

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me for her to withdraw money from an ATM after getting off work from a job where she'd have a pocket full of cash.

Doesn't that insurance thingy she uses alert if there is an accident tho?

Regarding the GPS insurance device. Even if it only shows speed and braking etc., it should show her last known speed and braking. Was she going 70mph for instance when it stopped working or was she at 0mph? Did she brake at 70mph? That is useful information and it is not being released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members