Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw a clear image of the text message. The person that replied 'Why' didn't reply until 9:19am?

In no way is NKC unsafe or known for drugs. I would say it's a safe area to be in or live in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
It has a bad reputation in S. KC but then again so does S. KC. There are bad parts of every town. My friend got her car stolen at a QT up there by tweekers. Maybe this happened to her too... Then some not so friendly person helped out.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly! That's why I asked last night if any locals were familiar with the apartments located on Buchanan which is the road BEHIND the QT
There are technically two sets of apartments behind the QuikTrip both are very safe places to live. One is for those I believe over 55 I'm going to stay $1,000 average probably more for rent. The other apts also have townhouses. Yes someone with bad intentions could live there. Across from the apts is a new group of housing ranging in the $200,00 to $300,00 price.

It has a bad reputation in S. KC but then again so does S. KC. There are bad parts of every town. My friend got her car stolen at a QT up there by tweekers. Maybe this happened to her too... Then some not so friendly person helped out.

Yes bad things happen every where but over all NKC is considered a safe place to live and work in. Just wondering if you are confusing NKC with NE Kansas City.

I just saw a clear image of the text message. The person that replied 'Why' didn't reply until 9:19am?

That doesn't fit with this timeline

[video=twitter;822495942746185729]https://twitter.com/Jhelmuth/status/822495942746185729[/video]

4.53am "Anderson received last incoming text. Family say number is from a man who is cooperating with police"

Why have they not released what she was wearing when last seen? It seems like there would be a detailed description considering she was seen by the club staff leaving, an officer, and on video at the gas station.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Good question. Let's brainstorm some possible reasons.

1. Do they truly believe she just took off on her own and don't want other people to invest their time and energy looking for her?
2. Do they believe she's fleeing danger and don't want to assist those looking for her? (Seems unlikely since they provided the car info.)
3. Would her clothing draw public criticism? Would it seem to incriminate her in the public eye?
4. Is her clothing really non-distinct--like jeans and a black hoodie--so they just don't think it would be of much assistance.
5. Had she changed her appearance (hair color etc.) which suggests she may have left on her own?

What other possibilities exist?

[video=twitter;822495942746185729]https://twitter.com/Jhelmuth/status/822495942746185729[/video]

4.53am "Anderson received last incoming text. Family say number is from a man who is cooperating with police"

Maybe the 9:19 a.m. text didn't go through (and is just shown on the sender's phone)? So she technically didn't "receive" that one, but the phone company can verify the last one she received was at 4:53 a.m.?

i think the time line is still entirely unclear, the "why" text was sent by a female, they are saying the last text was sent by a male, the times dont add up, and the phone was still on untill 9:30 sunday night but we dont know if there was any activity. i dont even feel like its 100% clear what times things happened in relation to each other.

i think the time line is still entirely unclear, the "why" text was sent by a female, they are saying the last text was sent by a male, the times dont add up, and the phone was still on untill 9:30 sunday night but we dont know if there was any activity. i dont even feel like its 100% clear what times things happened in relation to each other.

I guessed at this above. Maybe her phone didn't technically receive the later text from the female...but the female friend's phone still shows that she sent it.

Maybe the 9:19 a.m. text didn't go through (and is just shown on the sender's phone)? So she technically didn't "receive" that one, but the phone company can verify the last one she received was at 4:53 a.m.?

That's not how it works . It would be a message failure notice on senders name . Unsure how well the reporting is in that area. Contradicting times, details etc... seems like a cluster f#%* of a media ring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the bad areas small areas? In many cities you can go just a few blocks and be in a far better/worse neighborhood.

I'm gonna go into streetview on google maps around that area and to the north.

Also, from the video, is anyone able to tell what direction she was heading when pulled over? I assumed it was north, but I couldn't get my bearings that well on the one video that seemed to be police watching her go into the gas station.

That's not how it works . It would be a message failure notice on senders name . Unsure how well the reporting is in that area. Contradicting times, details etc... seems like a cluster f#%* of a media ring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe. Just yesterday, my friend showed me they texted me, but my phone didn't receive it, and they did not get a failure to send report. Perhaps it varies with carriers, signal strength etc.

Would any texts that came after a phone is turned off show up in the information LE obtained?

Would any texts that came after a phone is turned off show up in the information LE obtained?

if it was successfully sent then yes, it would be received by the carrier and held for delivery when the phone next pinged a tower.

Maybe. Just yesterday, my friend showed me they texted me, but my phone didn't receive it, and they did not get a failure to send report. Perhaps it varies with carriers, signal strength etc.

I know if my phone is off, the minute it turn it on I receive the texts that were sent while it was off and the people who sent them did not receive any message. (My children are great witnesses of this...they hate I will just let my phone die and charge it when I get around to it. I am so over having a phone on me at all times!)

Is the bad areas small areas? In many cities you can go just a few blocks and be in a far better/worse neighborhood.

I'm gonna go into streetview on google maps around that area and to the north.

Also, from the video, is anyone able to tell what direction she was heading when pulled over? I assumed it was north, but I couldn't get my bearings that well on the one video that seemed to be police watching her go into the gas station.
To understand Kansas City you have to understand that it is technically in more than one county. The majority of it is in Jackson County which is south of the Missouri River. The second largest portion of it is in Clay County which is north of the Missouri River. In general the part of Kansas City in Clay County is known as the more safer and better part of the city. North Kansas City is a separate City that is also located in Clay County.

I guessed at this above. Maybe her phone didn't technically receive the later text from the female...but the female friend's phone still shows that she sent it.

Her friend who spoke to one of the news outlets specifically stated that the text she sent wasn't received by Toni.

I've concluded that Toni and her friend RT both have iPhones because you can see the read message on an earlier text sent. This option is, to my knowledge, only available between iPhone by iMessage with read receipts

ETA: if the message was delivered it would say delivered underneath..once it was read it would then say read. Generally even if you DON'T have read receipts on it will still say delivered if the message went thru

It's an iPhone if it didn't go through it would have a red ! next to it. It went through at 9.19am

I've seen it happen that a failure message came after many hours, like almost a full day, as if the network continues to try to deliver the message for some time before giving up and reporting back the failure. But I don't know if it works the same way in the US.

The local NBC news affiliate's report definitely said the police have not received any tips that suggest to them someone might believe Toni is being held or had been harmed by a specific individual.

Obviously, in it, an officer is seen answering questions about the police...and indicates the police have searched for her. However, I couldn't find anywhere on the KC, MO or KC, KS police page where they asked the public to look for her. Does anyone know if they've formally registered her as a missing person or launched a public awareness campaign?

seen here: [video=youtube;-noJ2lxfWKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-noJ2lxfWKA[/video]

Clarification: It does look like she's registered at NamUs.gov and that they officially consider her a missing person. They just can't change the case to include suspicion of foul play if no specific threats are known/suspected/reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ateen