Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time joining in on a conversation/thread on the Websleuths website. So, if I'm doing anything wrong, feel free to let me know!
Here are a few questions and/or concerns I have...
1: The screenshot of her text messages seem... off. It seems like there are a few missing messages between what we've been shown.
To me, when she said "I'm getting pulled over again!" there should have been previous text messages telling whomever she was texting that she had previously been pulled over.

2: I had a bad feeling about the boyfriend 'Pete Sanchez' ever since I read his first statement to the media. "She's a great person, really nice. We're all worried sick about her. Every time I leave the house, I hope the next face I see in public is going to be her." Who's boyfriend says "She's really nice"!??

3: The boyfriend IMMEDIATELY started a go fund me page, and easily exceeded the amount he requested in less than 1 day.

4: There has been zero mention of the GPS tracking she has on her car. Even if it ended up in a lake somewhere (I hope not) wouldn't they be able to have the last known location by now?

5: Same with her phone location. If it lost connection late on Sunday night, shouldn't they be able to tell where the last ping came from?

6: I'm leaning towards the boyfriend. Something is just "off" where he's concerned. I just hope she wasn't a part of this, and is found safe.

Welcome jesmith281! Great questions and observations! We all want answers to them.

The car GPS was tracked and LE announced that it last pinged at the QS where she (possibly) went for gas.

This is my first time joining in on a conversation/thread on the Websleuths website. So, if I'm doing anything wrong, feel free to let me know!
Here are a few questions and/or concerns I have...
1: The screenshot of her text messages seem... off. It seems like there are a few missing messages between what we've been shown.
To me, when she said "I'm getting pulled over again!" there should have been previous text messages telling whomever she was texting that she had previously been pulled over.

2: I had a bad feeling about the boyfriend 'Pete Sanchez' ever since I read his first statement to the media. "She's a great person, really nice. We're all worried sick about her. Every time I leave the house, I hope the next face I see in public is going to be her." Who's boyfriend says "She's really nice"!??

3: The boyfriend IMMEDIATELY started a go fund me page, and easily exceeded the amount he requested in less than 1 day.

4: There has been zero mention of the GPS tracking she has on her car. Even if it ended up in a lake somewhere (I hope not) wouldn't they be able to have the last known location by now?

5: Same with her phone location. If it lost connection late on Sunday night, shouldn't they be able to tell where the last ping came from?

6: I'm leaning towards the boyfriend. Something is just "off" where he's concerned. I just hope she wasn't a part of this, and is found safe.

#1 I read it as that she's been pulled over in the past and annoyingly was pulled over again. Jmo.

Has anyone checked to see if she actually did register for classes at the university?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone checked to see if she actually did register for classes at the university?

That is a good question. KWCH were able to confirm Toni was enrolled at East High and Wichita State, but they said nothing about current enrollment. Toni's mother said Toni's day planner had all of her class info and future apt in it and that is all I have seen/read reported.

I believe the BF has given statements to the media and LE and there for has put himself out there for discussion.

JMO

That's what BessDrew was saying.....it depends on if the friend was back into KC when the 4:42 text came thru. We don't actually know when the best friend came back to town.
That actually IS a great observation.

I agree it was a great observation i shouldn't of put lol but I was "lol"ing at me trying to work out the sequence of times in my messages app not at there observation sorry my bad.:peace:

I've been convinced that LE knows a lot more. I find it odd they don't suspect foul play and don't seem to be searching hard or on foot for her. My guess is they have info that she left on her own, they should be able to tell where her phone was last and I would think be searching in that area. They don't suspect foul play bc they have a reason to believe she's ok. A text, email, phone call etc. jmo

I believe the BF has given statements to the media and LE and there for has put himself out there for discussion.

JMO

And those public statements may be discussed. Police have stated they have no indication that there is foul play and they certainly have not named him a POI or suspect. Therefore the usual rules apply. ie. he may not be sleuthed. this post from the last thread further clarifies.

I've been convinced that LE knows a lot more. I find it odd they don't suspect foul play and don't seem to be searching hard or on foot for her. My guess is they have info that she left on her own, they should be able to tell where her phone was last and I would think be searching in that area. They don't suspect foul play bc they have a reason to believe she's ok. A text, email, phone call etc. jmo

I have seen cases where it takes 2-3 weeks before LE comes forward and states foul play. This happens more so when the person is an adult, there is a poof aspect... no visible signs of an abduction , no personal issues ( relatively speaking) basically nothing ... no trail. Something will break one way or another. If they have pings and phone/text records and not sharing ... there is a reason.

I agree it was a great observation i shouldn't of put lol but I was "lol"ing at me trying to work out the sequence of times in my messages app not at there observation sorry my bad.:peace:

No worries LOL
I "LOL" at my own self all the time! :eek:kay:

I have seen cases where it takes 2-3 weeks before LE comes forward and states foul play. This happens more so when the person is an adult, there is a poof aspect... no visible signs of an abduction , no personal issues ( relatively speaking) basically nothing ... no trail. Something will break one way or another. If they have pings and phone/text records and not sharing ... there is a reason.

Kind of like they had a reason to not mention the 911 call in the janina vasquez murder till months later? :thinking: They didn't even deem it a murder, the concluded she hopped a barbed wire fence and jumped in a grated well. :/

KC cops are looking rather shady right now imo.

The same police dept where the child crime unit was deemed incompetent earlier this year?

[FONT=&amp]“Never in my career with the KCPD have I seen such a systemic failure,” Maj. David Lindaman wrote in a Nov. 19 memo to a deputy chief. [/FONT]

healthy dose of skepticism might be well warranted imo.

Lets figure out how to determine if Toni was a Confidential Informant and maybe things start making alot more sense.

im sure its annoying already :p but im just going to point out again that police have not said they dont suspect foul play, they said there is no indication of it at this time, apparently there is no indication of anything at this time, at least as far as we know. but they have said the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are very concerning.

I found this re: police training for handling CI. It looks like KC hosted a training event last year possibly. And ironically there's a news story about a CI being robbed in the parking lot of the Shady Lady a few years back. Anyhow, just some info and CI's are very much a thing, especially in cities like KC I'd imagine.

http://www.pletraining.com/narcotic-training-solutions/cultivating-confidential-informants/

Also, there's a few different and outdated timelines out there in MSM which explains my previous confusion. WS peeps' timelines are much better, as per usual.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That is a great idea if it's possible. Can someone check and see what was said on the scanners during that time and the minutes that followed?

How do you do a scanner rewind? Thank you for the information.

Was the time and date of an official MPR released?
Per the KC Star:

"A missing person’s report was filed after Anderson failed to show up at the after-work gathering. Anderson was alone in her car the last time she was seen. Investigators have video surveillance with Anderson but are not releasing it because it is part of their investigation."

That's actually a good point, were the friends the ones that contacted police?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

im sure its annoying already :p but im just going to point out again that police have not said they dont suspect foul play, they said there is no indication of it at this time, apparently there is no indication of anything at this time, at least as far as we know. but they have said the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are very concerning.

I'm going to point out again....

The same police dept also said their was no 911 call until months later in the janina vasquez murder case and somehow concluded there was no foul play and she instead jumped over a barbed war fence and into a steel grated well.

The similarity between Janina and Toni is that they both had drug arrests but no convictions, and therefore the possibility that they were informants.

Here's a 2014 case that can give you an idea of what happens to drug informants who are sniffed out in KC :

http://www.kctv5.com/story/24341961/...e-was-a-snitch

Please watch this through this video on the topic of confidential informants and read the full janina vasquez thread and you might better understand how Toni might have been a disposable drug informant, who avoided prison by accepting that role :

https://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/20/throwaways_recruited_by_police_thrown_into

Janina Vasquez case:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-found-dead-in-a-Kansas-City-well-12-Feb-2015

For a recap, that informant in 2014 was killed for being a snitch and toni and janina fit the profile of someone who'd they'd make into a drug informant by not charging in return for them accepting that role.

Understanding this topic, you'll see how it explains why Toni wanted to disappear and why the police might not be in any hurry to investigate this case as you'd expect.

So... yes, I'll point out again that the police might just have a reason to not want to say they suspect foul play, but factually know exactly what this was all about.

imo Toni's family needs to be made aware of this and maybe the lawyer who dealt with her drug arrest, could shed light on if Toni was a confidential informant. I'd imagine the lawyer would maybe know that such a deal was struck?

Kind of like they had a reason to not mention the 911 call in the janina vasquez murder till months later? :thinking: They didn't even deem it a murder, the concluded she hopped a barbed wire fence and jumped in a grated well. :/

KC cops are looking rather shady right now imo.

The same police dept where the child crime unit was deemed incompetent earlier this year?

healthy dose of skepticism might be well warranted imo.

Lets figure out how to determine if Toni was a Confidential Informant and maybe things start making alot more sense.

I can't comment as I don't know all the details in that case and saddens me she is not with her family. I do believe in our LE department though. There are always the exceptions and this may be the case in that situation ...in most part though the LE are the "good guys". Maybe best to stick to the facts of this case and not rumors/speculation of a past case.

I can't comment as I don't know all the details in that case and saddens me she is not with her family. I do believe in our LE department though. There are always the exceptions and this may be the case in that situation ...in most part though the LE are the "good guys". Maybe best to stick to the facts of this case and not rumors/speculation of a past case.

Not at all suggesting that LE are all bad guys.

But take a moment to watch that video, read about these cases right there in KCMO and recent.
"Maybe best to stick to the facts of this case and not rumors/speculation of a past case."

I'd say 95% of this thread is speculation based on what we know. I'm simply speculating on multiple things that are plausible based on what we know.

It's not a rumor that the drug informant in that article was killed for being sniffed as a snitch. It's not a rumor that janina vasquez should have been charged and sent to prison, but somehow was never charged. It's not a rumor that KCMO uses confidential informants.

But just the same as we can speculate what Toni might have been doing that night or if her gas tank was empty or full, I am speculating that much of these odd aspects about the case, could be explained by Toni being a CI.

Not a rumor, it's speculation.

Also it's not a rumor that the KC child crimes unit was deemed incompetent. It's a fact :

http://www.komu.com/news/memos-kansas-city-police-child-crimes-unit-incompetent-

So... my speculation is that there could potentially be a link here. So feel free to dismiss it and point out your speculation : "apparently there is no indication of anything at this time"

Because I don't think it's apparent. I think that's why a dashcam video might help make that apparent.

I find it hard to see a case like nina vaszquez and a report about incomprehensible/indefensible incompetency in the dept and just trust them blindly regardless.

Dashcam video would simply solidify a timeline. This confidential informant topic is speculation that would **explain** why someone like Toni would want to **disappear**. Isn't that kind of what they said happened? "she just disappeared."

It's reasonable speculation that if her gps went off at that gas station, that SHE did it. Even their own reporting seems to support that. So why? what is her reason?

CI?? That's called speculation. not a rumor. And I find it odd that you are suggesting we not evaluate a crime that happened about 5 miles from where Toni was last seen, and for a while... that girl seemed to just "disappear". A girl who also had drug related arrest in her past that didn't result in charges. It's not wild rumors to speculate that they might be CI's.

Seems pretty relevant to me.

- How much gas did she pump or not pump (card declined)? Full tank she could be anywhere, gas light on "E" and she would have to get more gas soon after getting pulled over. Have other gas stations checked their security cameras for her car within an hour or so of her visiting the QT?...assuming she was low on gas

- Where was her phone last pinged?

- Her GPS on the car was removed at the QT. Has it been checked whether or not is has been disabled in the past? Perhaps there is a pattern of days and times she disabled for reasons not to be tracked. Or was this the first time the GPS had been removed?
Really good thinking!

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members