Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what you consider a 'victim'. A large majority of the them will call themselves victims when in reality they aren't truly victims. They may be dependent on the income for drugs or high income, but very rarely will they actually be held against their will.

My opinion - Your running down a rabbit whole if you keep trying to connect Toni to this.

I feel as if you are confusing prostitution and human trafficking. I don't want to get into it again because the previous comments on this were all deleted. I do feel as if there's a small small chance that Toni became a victim of this, and that other scenarios are more likely.

I feel as if you are confusing prostitution and human trafficking. I don't want to get into it again because the previous comments on this were all deleted. I do feel as if there's a small small chance that Toni became a victim of this, and that other scenarios are more likely.

Prostitution is a super set of human trafficking. Saying someone is involved in human trafficking does not exclude prostitution.

yikes, backing out of this thread. MODs, I applaud the work you do here. Sorry that some days are much messier than others.

Possibly I did not make myself clear enough. The point I have been trying to make is I believe Toni may be a victim of trafficking. And in NO way have bashed her.

JMO
Your posts were plenty clear and even included an ironic quote that often society doesn't see them as victims.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Any locals know if ALL access points are gated/guarded?

I don't personally know of any. Like said before, a large large majority house businesses. I would imagine almost all other access points are in fact closed for safety reasons. I know we have "cave tours" as well. But I'm unaware of any un-gaurded or closed off entrances.

IMO, there is zero percent chance she is involved in a Human trafficking ring. Do you really think there would be no sign of her via social media posts, cell phone history, and social circle if she was involved with human trafficking?

My own opinion - Only a small percent (< 1%) of those involved in human trafficking are actually victims.
Well, everyone told me I was crazy and basically told me to shut up when I suggested this with Brittanee Drexel. While hers wasn't "textbook" human trafficking, it still was. It's always possible, unfortunately.

I doubt it is in this case (probably near the bottom of my list), but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Maybe she deleted a few text related to drugs or something she didn't want the public to see.

That's what I'm saying and maybe those texts are the missing links to it all? Let's say she does go to meet someone to sell or buy drugs...something goes down, she's the victim, and that person deletes the texts bc they could be mentioned? Also, you can disable all types of messaging on an iPhone so that could be why there are no records of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justice for Susan Winters.

Any locals know if ALL access points are gated/guarded?

There are two elevator entrances from the parking lot area and a tunnel drive in entrance....pictures are on the linked site http://www.deanrealtyco.com/Downtown_Underground/
The area is fully lighted and busy on a daily basis with a multitude of offices, storage facilities, meeting spaces etc. like any above ground business park. Parking underground appears very limited, so any unusual car parked there would be noticed by the office workers. It also states on the linked site that cell phone service is active in the driveway areas and hallways between offices and inside office service is available.

Why isn't there more information about the phone data from 5:00am to 9:30pm - when the phone went off? Hard to believe someone so active on SM wouldn't see any activity for 16 hours

We have some. Her friend texted whyy at 9:19am. There is nothing that says she answered that or the text at 4:53. I'd call this a very bad sign since there was only 11 minutes between her last text and the one at 453.

I think it's a million times more productive to speculate about stuff like this than the trafficking angle. Something bad may have happened to Toni at 442 and after. The timeline is showing that at least.

I think it's a million times more productive to speculate about stuff like this than the trafficking angle. Something bad may have happened to Toni at 442 and after. The timeline is showing that at least.

So true - is there ANY independent, credible evidence about the late phone ping, or is that all from Pete? If it's from Pete, I'd ask him why he is lying...

So true - is there ANY independent, credible evidence about the late phone ping, or is that all from Pete? If it's from Pete, I'd ask him why he is lying...

I don't think so but do remember reading that some media asked LE to answer and they refused. I think there's enough floating around to believe her phoned pinged in the next town. It's the details that lead up to that, that are missing.

Where was her phone pinging at 442 and 453?

Does it show continuous or idle movement around these times?

It appeared very clear that Akens' SD sent texts from his and her phone within five minutes and the distance was shown on the map. These phone pings could be almost gps-like.

IMO, there is zero percent chance she is involved in a Human trafficking ring. Do you really think there would be no sign of her via social media posts, cell phone history, and social circle if she was involved with human trafficking?

My own opinion - Only a small percent (< 1%) of those involved in human trafficking are actually victims.

Absolutely, if she's being held against her will. It hasn't been ruled out yet. Unfortunately it's a possibility like other scenarios.

I question the "no sign of foul play."

If someone goes to do a drug deal and disappears, isn't that a sign of foul play? Drug deals go bad all the time. Robbery, abduction, and car theft are all possible motives.

And LE has to know who she was meeting. What's their story?

I question the "no sign of foul play."

If someone goes to do a drug deal and disappears, isn't that a sign of foul play? Drug deals go bad all the time. Robbery, abduction, and car theft are all possible motives.

And LE has to know who she was meeting. What's their story?

The problem there, is that their quote could mean " no evidence of foul play" or "we are not going to tell you what we know" because it could harm the investigation- especially if they want to watch anybody of interest. It could be misleading on purpose or completely the truth- all of which makes this case hard to get a grasp on.

I know I sound like a record on skip. I cannot emphasize enough that we do not know if this is accurate.
I reference Carly Scott's murder. For months everyone went off of her boyfriends story of the events of the night. They searched where he said they were, tried to retrace her steps from where he said they were and tried to piece it all together.

It never quite made sense.... because the story was a lie. He lied! All lies. He actually included his friends in his lie!

It was so hard to get his story of events out of your head, even though we all knew it just didn't add up. And the media kept reporting one version. Much like Toni's case.

And as soon as we erased his version as fact the pieces slowly started falling together.

It sounds like we are dealing with a plethera of shady people. Why are we believing what they say? LE has not confirmed any of it. The evidence does not even match what info is out there and what is out there is jumbled and contradictory.

And even if I believe what the "friends" (again who are these friends??) and boyfriend say she absolutely could have lied to them as well. I just can't take the second hand info from this case at face value.

Absolutely agree. So just looking at the facts, I'm wondering where she went from the time she left qt to just right before that last text came in at 4:53 .

I have become convinced that she turned left onto W 26 Ave and then made a u-turn because she thought she was being followed.
She then removed the tracker because she was worried about being followed.

If she were going to do a drug deal, that would be a good reason to not want to be followed.

I think we're overthinking things. If we take reports at face value, then she was planning to meet her friends at the Shady Lady and probably went to get a pick-me-up. She was a fan of Adderall, which helps you stay awake.

It all makes perfect sense.

Drug deal gone bad.

Or possibly, since an officer obviously inserted himself or herself into the mix, perhaps a bad cop. I can't help but think it looks like she texted her best friend by mistake, and may have texted somebody earlier about the first stop. Why text a friend 200 miles away who is probably asleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99