Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. In those pictures, I see significantly less damage than it looked like in the video.

Do we know if they removed the remains before they pulled the car out of the water? Mr. Carbuff, who has first responder training, says it looks like they broke the windshield and side window to get somebody out.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure they had the car out of the water before they removed the body. I was watching but it was late here so I was a bit dopey. I saw the camera flashes of investigators taking photographs, and the orange rescue stretcher (idk the right word) which they brought down to, I presume bring the body out on. It was hard to see much of the car at that stage to assess damage as it was on its side/partially on its roof like you see in pics of it on the waters edge, and it got dark real quick too. MOO

I was wondering about that, too. If they got Toni out before bringing up the car.
:(
In the interest of eliminating theories, I hope a sharp reporter asks whether Toni was found seat belt-buckled in the driver's seat, or whether the car's open rear hatch had been forced open by divers.

Rest in peace, Toni.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Yes, if she had driven down the embankment, the front plastic cowling of her car would have suffered a ton of damage. As you can see in the video I posted earlier of the car being towed, the front end of her car has virtually no damage what-so-ever. That entire front end is plastic. The windshield and the top of the car seem to have taken the brunt of the damage, which pretty much means the car would have needed to be upside down when it hit both the water and then after settling on the bottom of the river.

Personally, if that car had just been pushed over the upper edge of the embankment and allowed to roll downhill, I have serious doubts that it would have ever made it into the water. There's too many rocks, ruts, and obstructions on the way down to the edge. I think the car would've definitely snagged on something as it rolled downhill. On the other hand, if the car was moving at 50-60 miles an hour, it could have easily gone airborne over the steepest part of the embankment, the front of the car beginning to nose dive due to the engine weight, and did a slow motion somersault until it landed windshield first into the water. That's really the only way I can envision this happening with a complete absence of damage to the front end, and very little damage to the sides of the car.

Whether this was a deliberate act or an accidental act is still left to be determined. I don't know that they will ever really know for sure unless they find a suicide note or something. It could also have been a criminal act, with the gas pedal being depressed and held in place with some kind of an object. That in itself would be very risky though, simply going by the terrain. There are many other smoother places you could find to cause a car to go running into a river than the place her car was found. The chances of it actually snagging up on something and only ending up partially submerged are pretty high.

Oops...I should have clarified. I meant if it rolled down the hill sideways. Like it was parallel with the road and pushed so it tumbled down on it's side. I suppose that would still cause some hood damage just not directly on the front.

RIP pretty girl:heartbeat:

Initially I believed Toni met foul play. Now I think it was a tragic accident. She loved driving around this time, I think she enjoyed driving fast... multiple speeding tickets, she probably pulled out her insurance tracker so she could drive fast without getting dinged by her insurance.

I think the parents put the tracker in her car to track her speed in order to deter her from speeding. When her mother heard the roads would be bad in KC that night, she txted her daughter to stay off the roads knowing that was a recipe for disaster with her daughter's driving habits.

I think she texted her friend "OMG just got pulled over again" because she probably got pulled over previously or frequently due to her speeding/ driving habits.

I feel most of the pieces have fallen together here. The only thing we still don't know is why parkville specifically?

Maybe someone had told her at some point in time that area was pretty at sunrise and she decided to check it out that night.

I was hoping she would be found safe but at least this family has some closure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would think that the police could request that it be removed if it revealed something.

The bf/coworker could potentially threaten legal action to have it removed if it was seen as slanderous. I'd say if people come away suspecting someone who has been cleared as a suspect, you'd have a good case. right?

I know this is very old news now and means nothing, but it looks like CWD edited out the gratuitous strip club/stripper b-roll from the videos before reposting them. I remember thinking at the time that it was a little over-the-top. They just kept cutting away over and over again to blurry figures working the pole.

I was wondering about that, too. If they got Toni out before bringing up the car.
:(

Her mother said to reporters that they still didn't know if she was in the car or not after it had been brought up. So they didn't take her out before bringing it up, because otherwise her mom would have already known they found a body.

Hold your horses partner! Nothing has been confirmed yet. The title of the article is misleading. If you actually look at the contents of the article, you can see that they are still waiting for confirmation from the medical examiner.

She added that the body found in the car will be taken to the medical examiner’s office to determine the cause of death and provide a positive identification.

I know this is very old news now and means nothing, but it looks like CWD edited out the gratuitous strip club/stripper b-roll from the videos before reposting them. I remember thinking at the time that it was a little over-the-top. They just kept cutting away over and over again to blurry figures working the pole.

That's a good point, I didn't think about the fact that the problem might have been them using that imagery to paint Toni without someone saying a word. Amazed that I missed that angle as to why the video would be delayed. Great catch.

By the way, I did try to pm you back about your pm regarding my question -- your mailbox is full! :)

Thank you for that by the way, It's exactly what I was looking for. But I do still have questions.

Great catch!

I usually get disappointed when companies or politicians give into public pressure, but I am happy they did it in this case since Toni is now gone.

I have an associate that is a Pathologist - I've sent him a question regarding expected condition of body and what evidence could still be gleaned. Does that river ever freeze, or does it move too fast?

I'm pretty sure they had the car out of the water before they removed the body. I was watching but it was late here so I was a bit dopey. I saw the camera flashes of investigators taking photographs, and the orange rescue stretcher (idk the right word) which they brought down to, I presume bring the body out on. It was hard to see much of the car at that stage to assess damage as it was on its side/partially on its roof like you see in pics of it on the waters edge, and it got dark real quick too. MOO
The news helicopter pulled back at one point and stopped filming the scene, so I imagine that's when the body was removed from the vehicle. I believe the vehicle was on the bank of the river at that point.

Or after a long night of work she just wanted to go somewhere, chill, smoke a bowl, watch the sun rise, and then head home. She seemed like the type to do that kind of thing and a park by the river seems like a pretty place to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to say that although I don't think this is something I would immediately think is probable off the bat, I think your description of it is convincing and actually reasonable given what little I do know about Toni's *spirit* from social media. I actually added it to my probability list after thinking about it for a few moments. Thank you for saying all this, because we have to take note of the person she was, not who we are and what we would do.

Team Watters Sonar Search and Recovery
6 hrs ·
Team Watters Sonar was contacted by Mr. Anderson asking if we would be interested in coming to KC, MO to help look for his missing daughter Toni Anderson. we said yes we would be more than happy to help him out but we had to have approval from the Law Enforcement. Upon getting approval from LE we immediately loaded up and left for KC. After arriving in town we began using our side scan sonar and we are sad to report that we located MS Anderson's vehicle. Remains were found inside the vehicle and they are pending positive ID.
Team Watters would like to express our heartfelt sympathy to Toni's family and friends,
Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers at this most difficult time.
Team Watters would like to Thank KCPD and all the agencies that help in this recovery.
A special Thank You to the Missouri Highway Patrol Dive Team who worked tirelessly for us to recover MS Andersons vehicle from the water.

Toni Anderson’s family, police say her Ford Focus was pulled from water at Platte Landing Park
PARKVILLE, Mo. -- Search crews and police officers at Platte Landing Park…
FOX4KC.COM|BY FOX 4 NEWS KANSAS CITY

https://www.facebook.com/teamwatterssonar/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members