Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My life. My husband acts like he doesn't listen or follow cases like I do. I was just getting ready to sit down with a glass of wine and reflect on the person "Toni" was, and my husband pops off "cops killed her. Didn't at first they said the didn't pull her over?".
I'm done...Here we go again.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

My boyfriend thinks the cops killed her too, but he kinda thinks that there's a lot of police corruption, I think. It makes me happy that he participates in the conversations I have about the cases even though he doesn't read these forums. He will also turn the car around if he sees a bunch of flashing lights to see what is happening, which is something I always want to do! We are nosy people. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She got off work around 4 am. Her phone last pinged near where her car was found at 9:30 pm.

She might have owned a waterproof phone, but it wouldn't connect to a phone tower while underwater. She likely entered the river at 9:30 pm.

Or her phone was ejected perhaps. Dunno the probability of that.

Ok I am looking at the historic data of the Missouri River in parkville and the river level was 7.37 feet deep. The discharge rate was 32,000 ft per second. It pretty much stayed the same from the 15th through the 16th. So... if a car would enter the water, obviously weight and discharge rate would affect where the car would ultimately rest. How quickly does a car that size sink and what discharge rate would be strong enough to push it before it lands in its final resting place? That would be the information that would tell us where the entry point was and it can be confirmed if the car could have landed on the roof from that point without damaging the front of the car. FYI I got that data from waterdata.usgs.gov/mo/nwis

Here's a video, but it looks like a car would sink pretty fast.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/car-sinking-water-seconds-react-18810014

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

[FONT=&amp]Maybe they followed her to a different gas station?[/FONT]:facepalm:[FONT=&amp] Oh wait, the cop didn't follow her but turned into the QT by driving over the median? He clearly applied his brakes. I didn't notice that on the mystery car. This is like 3rd grade.

[/FONT]https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1472907,-94.5803004,3a,75y,68.99h,59.01t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sD8IKdzADWNUExwhAeqm_ug!2e0!7i13312!8i6656[FONT=&amp]

After letting Toni off with a warning, the cop is seen on surveillance video obtained exclusively by Crime Watch Daily Kansas City Affiliate WDAF-TV following her to a nearby gas station and waiting there as she fills up. Police say when she tried to use her debit card at the pump, it was declined. So she walked inside, paid cash and filled up her tank, according to police.

[/FONT]https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/03/08/kansas-city-woman-vanishes-after-early-morning-traffic-stop-phone-gps-deactivated/

Watch Toni & Co. turn right. WRONG WAY! 3:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGMFd5OFij4

[FONT=&amp]Maybe they followed her to a different gas station?[/FONT]:facepalm:[FONT=&amp] Oh wait, the cop didn't follow her but turned into the QT by driving over the median? He clearly applied his brakes. I didn't notice that on the mystery car. This is like 3rd grade.

[/FONT]https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1472907,-94.5803004,3a,75y,68.99h,59.01t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sD8IKdzADWNUExwhAeqm_ug!2e0!7i13312!8i6656[FONT=&amp]

After letting Toni off with a warning, the cop is seen on surveillance video obtained exclusively by Crime Watch Daily Kansas City Affiliate WDAF-TV following her to a nearby gas station and waiting there as she fills up. Police say when she tried to use her debit card at the pump, it was declined. So she walked inside, paid cash and filled up her tank, according to police.

[/FONT]https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/03/08/kansas-city-woman-vanishes-after-early-morning-traffic-stop-phone-gps-deactivated/
Right, and he followed her after she filled up right? Or no?

Wondering if there are large rocks down in the river that the car could have smashed down on to cause that? Seems like it'd have to be pretty violently tossed down there for that kind of damage to happen. JMO.

Makes me wonder if there was something put on the gas pedal. That would have been a very fast car in a park...

I apologize if this has been mentioned since I'm catching up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sure looks like the trunk is open and the trunk lining is flopped partially over the opening. ETA: You can see the emergency pull handle on the trunk lid.
Good catch on the emergency pull handle. I have been concerned maybe Toni's body was in the trunk because I was unsure why it would be open unless opened by the team extracting the car. Can't recall if we have info that indicates the body was in the main part of the car?

Also wondering if modern cars have any kind of "black box" that might provide any useful data. Maybe something that could narrow down when the car may have gone into the water.

Am I remembering right that the car had OnStar or something similar? If so and it wasn't used that makes accident slightly less likely to me, although it could have just been forgotten in a panic.

Here's my question - the ODB port in a 2014 Ford Focus is in a little panel by the driver's left knee. The vehicle won't drive with this panel open and you can't close it with snapshot installed. This to me seems huge in figuring out if Toni accidentally knocked it loose with her knee or if something more sinister is at play.

Think about it - the LEO would likely be aware of the snapshot. It could be mentioned on her insurance card or maybe she mentioned it ("oh man, hope this doesn't show on my snapshot").

I'm curious as to how often the snapshot transmits data. It seems like a constant stream of info would require a lot of data being transferred, even every few seconds would be huge. What if it stored things like hard stops, speed, etc. and then transmitted the stored info with location info every 5-10 minutes or some other set time/action? I'd like to know with 100% certainty that the snapshot had to have been intentionally removed, rather than disabled by water prior to sending GPS data at another location.

Ok I am looking at the historic data of the Missouri River in parkville and the river level was 7.37 feet deep. The discharge rate was 32,000 ft per second. It pretty much stayed the same from the 15th through the 16th. So... if a car would enter the water, obviously weight and discharge rate would affect where the car would ultimately rest. How quickly does a car that size sink and what discharge rate would be strong enough to push it before it lands in its final resting place? That would be the information that would tell us where the entry point was and it can be confirmed if the car could have landed on the roof from that point without damaging the front of the car. FYI I got that data from waterdata.usgs.gov/mo/nwis

Once I heard her car was found and I saw the location, my first thought was the boat ramp and an accidental entry there. I was thinking she could have possibly missed the signs and followed the ramp thinking it was a road or she backed down the ramp to turn around and leave and the ramp was icy. I know locally the ramps get pretty dangerous, because they aren't salted like public roads. Most of them also have abrupt drop offs where the concrete ends a designated distance from the water's edge, so in the dark you may not even realize your tires are already in the water until it's too late. With a car that low to the ground and that lightweight, it wouldn't take going in very far for the current to pull or knock you down off the ramp. If it was icy at all, it would have been nearly impossible to pull out of that situation.

I also think it's highly likely that falling off the edge of the ramp (even with just one set of tires) could have caused the car to start filling up with water quickly in whichever end was down and caused it to topple over without causing any front end damage. It likely would have teeter tottered on the frame underneath. It also seems like that would make it easier for it to flop over on the hood. Although I don't think a sinking car alone would cause the hood/roof damage. Current sweeping it into rocks or the tow out of the water could have caused it though.

Right, and he followed her after she filled up right? Or no?

Try and and watch it a few times. Maybe you or any of us will see something more. I don't believe the mystery car's brake lights come on. The second car (the cop) does apply the brakes (clearly) as she pulls away out of the frame. There are three lanes and a shoulder. The mystery car could have been in a different lane, explaining why his brakes didn't apply.

I'm curious as to how often the snapshot transmits data. It seems like a constant stream of info would require a lot of data being transferred, even every few seconds would be huge. What if it stored things like hard stops, speed, etc. and then transmitted the stored info with location info every 5-10 minutes or some other set time/action? I'd like to know with 100% certainty that the snapshot had to have been intentionally removed, rather than disabled by water prior to sending GPS data at another location.

Once I heard her car was found and I saw the location, my first thought was the boat ramp and an accidental entry there. I was thinking she could have possibly missed the signs and followed the ramp thinking it was a road or she backed down the ramp to turn around and leave and the ramp was icy. I know locally the ramps get pretty dangerous, because they aren't salted like public roads. Most of them also have abrupt drop offs where the concrete ends a designated distance from the water's edge, so in the dark you may not even realize your tires are already in the water until it's too late. With a car that low to the ground and that lightweight, it wouldn't take going in very far for the current to pull or knock you down off the ramp. If it was icy at all, it would have been nearly impossible to pull out of that situation.

I also think it's highly likely that falling off the edge of the ramp (even with just one set of tires) could have caused the car to start filling up with water quickly in whichever end was down and caused it to topple over without causing any front end damage. It likely would have teeter tottered on the frame underneath. It also seems like that would make it easier for it to flop over on the hood. Although I don't think a sinking car alone would cause the hood/roof damage. Current sweeping it into rocks or the tow out of the water could have caused it though.
This is from the snapshot website:

"The*Snapshot*device collects information about how you drive, how much you drive and when you drive. It also collects your vehicle identification number and triggers an email to you if it comes unplugged. Some devices collect location data: this is only for research and development purposes—we don't use it to calculate your rate."

This would make sense if someone killed Tonie and didn't want her found. But like I said, to install a snapshot in the 2014 focus you literally have to remove the side panel on the dash. LEO would know to the snapshot could lead searchers in her general direction.

I can't find how often it transmits data, yet.

Just read the headline, wow! Im ashamed to say I had started to lose hope of her ever being found. Off to read... RIP Toni.

Good catch on the emergency pull handle. I have been concerned maybe Toni's body was in the trunk because I was unsure why it would be open unless opened by the team extracting the car. Can't recall if we have info that indicates the body was in the main part of the car?

Also wondering if modern cars have any kind of "black box" that might provide any useful data. Maybe something that could narrow down when the car may have gone into the water.

Am I remembering right that the car had OnStar or something similar? If so and it wasn't used that makes accident slightly less likely to me, although it could have just been forgotten in a panic.
I was reading about some of the other cases on the Team Watters Sonar facebook page and saw an article about a man who intentionally drove into a river to commit suicide. Witnesses tried to help him and mentioned that the car's trunk opened while the car was sinking. I don't understand exactly what would cause that - pressure? water hitting a switch? - but I think the same thing probably happened to Toni's car. (Here's the article, if you're curious.)

I've seen a lot of cars with trunks popped open after a wreck (even those with just front end damage), so it's possible is just popped open when the car hit something. Or she could have accidentally popped it open (could she have attempted to hit the panic button on her keychain?) Maybe the water pressure pushed the trunk button (I'm not sure how the trunk is opened in that car).

This is from the snapshot website:

"The*Snapshot*device collects information about how you drive, how much you drive and when you drive. It also collects your vehicle identification number and triggers an email to you if it comes unplugged. Some devices collect location data: this is only for research and development purposes—we don't use it to calculate your rate."

This would make sense if someone killed Tonie and didn't want her found. But like I said, to install a snapshot in the 2014 focus you literally have to remove the side panel on the dash. LEO would know to the snapshot could lead searchers in her general direction.

I can't find how often it transmits data, yet.

I couldn't find any info re: data transmission on any of the insurance trackers either.

I'm sure Toni would have known that removing it would alert the insurance company.

If foul play/dirty cop were involved, could she have pulled it herself knowing that an alert would be sent to the insurance company and her parents?

They should be able to tell by inspecting the car if the tracker was still installed, but I doubt that info will get released.

Sure looks like the trunk is open and the trunk lining is flopped partially over the opening.

I notice this, and I figured that they'd open the trunk to look for evidence. I didn't actually see the car come out of the water, was the trunk open before it came out of the water? Not that it couldn't open from impact etc.

Another question would be where in the car Toni was found. Did she have a seat belt on? Did airbags deploy if she had them?

I personally think we can all speculate about many different theories about the car damage etc, but my belief is that whoever examines the car is going to have a great idea of how the damage was inflicted. A car striking another car leaves a different type of dent than hitting a tree, or a rock.

My probability list has begun focusing on how the car gets in the water, and like many I do think an accident is possible and even likely, even if you don't disregard the sketchiness. So to some degree I am still evaluating the probability of why she had an accident in that location. I would hope we all could agree that an accident on 9 would make alot more sense because her speed would likely be greater.

So the question for me now, is whether she was meeting someone there or was she there alone?

I am going to assume that if she didn't make a wrong turn into this park and wander around looking for a way out, that her destination was indeed the dog park. Why? because it's where the road along the river leads to. There is no other destination beyond that.

Here are some thoughts/questions on the topic :

Can we determine when that SUV would have entered the river. I know we can't get an exact date, but via science can we tell if it's been in there 6 months or more? Can we tell if it was in there extremely recently, ie under 2 months. How? I don't know much about this kind of thing, but I think science could play a part if for example some kind of growth on the vehicle's seats would take at least 2 months to reach a certain growth. -- I'm assuming that's the kind of thing that both cars will be evaluated via.

Where was Toni in the car and if she is seatbelted. If seatbelted, we know where she was in the car when it hit the water.

Can there be paint or something of that nature on the rocks on the slope.. debris such as glass or say a rear view mirror or side mirror or even hubcap that can be found on the shore? Any item on the slope from her car, can solidify her route to the water. Even a cigarette, joint, lipstick, etc could potentially be found and have dna that matches to her or be consistent with her preference.

Trees on the shoreline - any damage or sign of being hit? Any other barriers between the road and the slope could yield that kind of evidence.

If none of these things are found, it doesn't exclude that she went down the slope, but it does make it more probable she entered via the boat ramp.

If things are found, obviously you exclude the boat ramp.

A SUV in the same location in relation to a boat ramp and even just the dog park as a potential meeting place for illegal activity is worth noting and increases probability of foul play imo. Not conclusive, but don't discard that. right?

Who owned the SUV? connections?

autopsy should reveal quit a bit and could completely exclude either accident or foul play extremely quickly. They will be able to tell if she drowned. If she was bound. If she had non-accident related injuries or accident related injuries.

I know that all of the above is nothing that is exclusive to my mind, and I am sure many have the exact same kind of list.

Here is my probability list for how the car got in the water. no %, just in order of probability.

1- Car went off slope while going east or west on road leading to dog park
2- Car went off the boat ramp into the water
3- Car went off the road near 9&435 8 miles or more away and current carried it downstream to that location.
4- Car went off road on 9 east of the park and swam upstream or was transported by aliens to the park area -- 0% in my opinion. I believe in physics. aliens... I'm still open to being convinced! :)

So after that list, each one of those items has a different level of probability as to whether foul play was involved.

1- More likely an accident. Doesn't rule out foul play, but certainly far less probable if this was the case.
2- More likely foul play. But still doesn't rule out accident either, just less probable than if down the slope.
3- Most likely an accident. Higher speed would have likely been a larger factor.
4- Most likely failed alien abduction attempt.

Now... I do believe forensics and those things listed up above will rule out one or the other very quickly.

If accident.. it's an accident, and that's a wrap.

But, if not. Then you have to go back to motivations again. Why was she there?

Meeting someone and that person was the one that did harm to her?
Chased by someone? You can certainly just follow the road in front of you all the way back into that location if being chased and fly off the boat ramp or down the slope.
Went there to chill and smoke, watch the sunrise etc. -- harm happened upon her? someone tracked her there? -- who would know she was there?
Was lured there by someone she trusted for the purpose of a 3rd party doing harm to her?

Several of those could point to stalker. Several of those could point to someone she trusts. Several of those could point to someone who she just recently came into contact with near QT - i'll just *wink* here, because I am a skeptic always until I get concrete explanations :)

I do have a probability list going on those, based on IF evidence points to foul play. But still listening to others ideas and researching a few things about HOW they actually chose this location to look, in hopes of gleaning something from it.

Lastly, I hope we can all just respect each other and allow everyone to give opinions and theories without the friction I think was starting to brew last night. I do hope the police are not just discarding foul play at this point, but lets be honest, and say that accident is something they were pointing to, and it's still a highly probable theory imo. I think that many of us are indeed affected more by the sketchiness of this case, that everyone agrees with. The more skeptical will need more convincing to discard foul play. Everyone is different and of course that's why we aren't all saying the exact same thing.

Nevermind, let's not go there.

I've seen a lot of cars with trunks popped open after a wreck (even those with just front end damage), so it's possible is just popped open when the car hit something. Or she could have accidentally popped it open (could she have attempted to hit the panic button on her keychain?) Maybe the water pressure pushed the trunk button (I'm not sure how the trunk is opened in that car).

I couldn't find any info re: data transmission on any of the insurance trackers either.

I'm sure Toni would have known that removing it would alert the insurance company.

If foul play/dirty cop were involved, could she have pulled it herself knowing that an alert would be sent to the insurance company and her parents?

They should be able to tell by inspecting the car if the tracker was still installed, but I doubt that info will get released.
It says an email is sent to alert the driver that it's no longer transmitting. And yeah, they likely won't release that info :(

If her phone died after she sent the text then how could her phone ping at 6am?

[FONT=&amp]Then, just like her GPS, Toni's cellphone would also mysteriously go dead while she's at the wheel, leaving no way for police to trace her movements.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Police made another disturbing discovery: Toni's last known words sent in a text message to her friend Roxy just before her phone died.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/03...y-morning-traffic-stop-phone-gps-deactivated/[/FONT]

I saw today how she got in the river. The way it is set up makes it nearly impossible to accidentally drive in. IMO.. somebody rolled her down that short ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pennypiper