Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In looking at the ingress map, I can see that the boat ramp is almost right between two portals. So if those are both pokestops, Toni sitting right next to the boat ramp would be an optimum location to take advantage of two pokestop's spawning. She could just camp right there and do quite well. So bizarre if this is actually relevant.
I'll make a trip to the dog park after I get some sleep. It's raining but the dog will enjoy it and I'll check out pokestops, ect.

FYI, I'm usually down to drive anywhere near KC and take pics, ect.

Also, the street facing QT does have a left turn lane and a right/straight lane when facing East. I know someone was taking about this previously.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I haven't heard anyone mention pokemon go as a potential reason for her being at that park or for seemingly driving around aimlessly. It was 4:30am, so that rules out so many locations someone might go to during daytime hours. What you have to realize about pokemon is that there is also a factor regarding terrain that determines what type of pokemon spawns. For example, Toni might actually go to a spot near a river to get water based pokemon.

Next you have the idea of why would she even get close to that boat ramp? Well, that's kind of the knock on pokemon is that people tend to wander into places that maybe they shouldn't be, to catch a pokemon.

Nothing definitive, but I think it's a solid question to ask. I haven't played pokemon go in many months, as I said, I know people that still do. I still encounter people doing it out and about, and it's not at all hard to spot.

So whether it checks out or not, it would explain so much imo.

Just a little tidbit about using multiple gps devices in close proximity :

[FONT=&quot]Two receivers of the same electrical design could interfere with each other if placed in close proximity since the processing signals from one receiver could radiate from its antenna and cause interference to another.

[/FONT]
Not saying this is a high probability, but very easy to test. When playing a game like pokemon go, interference can result in what is called "drift". Meaning that your location on the map can become erratic and drift in an arbitrary direction even if you aren't moving. So in general a reduction of the accuracy of the gps location. So... just pointing this out to say, is it possible that Toni removed the GPS device because it was causing problems with her pokemon go?

Worth mentioning on this topic.
I definitely agree that it would explain a lot I just think it would have been mentioned if it were a possibility.

You make a great point about the drift and her gps being an issue, you are clearly very intelligent and could probably convince me of anything with how well you state your opinions. I have never played Go but I play a lot of other video games and I get how obsessive people can be. I also can see why someone might might think of Go considering how many people died or were injured while playing.

Anything is possible.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

pokemon go fazed out over a year ago. I'd be surprised if she was still playing but that surely could explain a few things huh!?

I did not realize she circled around the QT a few times. This is HUGE.
Especially if the officer watched her do this. Certainly would be suspicion and reason to continue to follow her. Was she looking for someone? Did someone jump in? This puts a whole new spin on her activity there. Do we have any more detail on this?

d1f73db397652f05cc472d157cfe8e83.jpg

In both of these I'm sitting directly behind Scooters facing South towards the car lot.

Thanks for that. So no pokestop at the coffeeshop.

And while it's possible she might move to the wrong side of the road for a pokemon, it is far less likely than if there was a pokestop there. You need to get pretty close to a pokestop, but not so much for a pokemon.

--

She definitely played Pokemon Go when it was released. I already posted from her twitter. Here's another one:

She doesn't really mention it anymore, but she was sure enthusiastic when it came out.

[video=twitter;752779010975764481]https://twitter.com/Tonianderson2/status/752779010975764481[/video]

Law enforcement never said she drove around the quick trip. Before we go down that road, perhaps we should verify this...

I definitely agree that it would explain a lot I just think it would have been mentioned if it were a possibility.

You make a great point about the drift and her gps being an issue, you are clearly very intelligent and could probably convince me of anything with how well you state your opinions. I have never played Go but I play a lot of other video games and I get how obsessive people can be. I also can see why someone might might think of Go considering how many people died or were injured while playing.

Anything is possible.

I have no idea of the probability of this, because it all depends on Toni and if she was still playing the game. If so, yeah, I think it explains a lot of things we have been racking our brains about.

What's funny about pokemon go is that to many nowadays it's kind of like a guilty pleasure. When Pokemon Go first came out, it was a craze and everyone was doing it and tweeting out how addicted they were etc. But, about a few months later it settled into being a nerdy thing! haha

I say guilty pleasure, because the non nerdy people that remained hooked would start doing it covertly. So maybe it was toni's guilty pleasure that she engaged in while the world slept, but a situation never emerged that exposed it.

But I don't know, I think 4 tweets around the time pokemon go came out, is a long time ago, so not sure how probable it is that it's relevant.

I did not realize she circled around the QT a few times. This is HUGE.
Especially if the officer watched her do this. Certainly would be suspicion and reason to continue to follow her. Was she looking for someone? Did someone jump in? This puts a whole new spin on her activity there. Do we have any more detail on this?

Pete Sr said that, but as I was saying, I haven't seen any evidence of that. But if true, it's worth questioning.

I like the theory, but it depends on whether toni was a closet pokemon go player. It'd be a really easy thing to confirm. If someone was able to access her account, you could easily find out if she was playing that night. The pokemon all have a catch date/time I believe and even location. It used to show a little map in the game of where you found a pokemon, not sure if that's still in there. Haven't played the game in ages. But.... if they contacted Niantic, they could probably get even more data about her activity on that day at that time. The data could literally expose your movements w/ timestamps etc.

pokemon go fazed out over a year ago. I'd be surprised if she was still playing but that surely could explain a few things huh!?

Pokemon Go was released July 6, 2016, so it came out 8 months ago. Toni was excited about the game when it came out. One of her friends mentioned it in October (with Toni's twitter), so it seems she was known to play. Toni's accident was 6 months and one week after the game came out.

The reason I thought of this is not only do I play daily (gotta collect the 7 day streak bonuses), but I know someone who is a very enthusiastic player. She and her friends will travel great distances around our area in order to find the rarer pokemon. A trip from downtown Kansas City to Parkville would be par for the course.

LE should definitely check into this if they haven't already. Every pokemon you capture has the time and location recorded. If Toni were poke-hunting that morning, it would be easy to verify.

This would totally explain a LOT. It would explain her trip down W. 26 Ave. It would explain her running around in "unfamiliar areas." It would explain her taking over an hour to get to the boat ramp. There are lots of pokestops and gyms around the University area in Parkville.

It doesn't explain her blowing off a meetup near downtown. And it doesn't quite explain her accident, frankly. But it potentially puts her at the scene.

It is not a given that LE thought of this. Everybody everywhere has been focused on the illicit activity angle. I have felt all along that there was no illicit activity involved.

The tracking device could simply be a red herring. She got pulled over, she pulled the device. Simple cop paranoia is a possible explanation. It's perhaps not the best explanation, imho, but it's plausible.

In looking at the ingress map, I can see that the boat ramp is almost right between two portals. So if those are both pokestops, Toni sitting right next to the boat ramp would be an optimum location to take advantage of two pokestop's spawning. She could just camp right there and do quite well. So bizarre if this is actually relevant.

I did post a map last night, showing that there is a pokestop and a gym.

And keep in mind, Pokemon Go has diverged from Ingress.

Also, if she were pokemon hunting down W. 26 Ave, I could easily see her lying to the officer about it. Using your electronic device while driving will get you a quick ticket. So it would explain her coming up with the excuse of going to the Shady Lady.

If she indeed was playing this game that night it certainly makes sense. A lot of sense, and needs to be looked at. Genius thinking.

I did post a map last night, showing that there is a pokestop and a gym.

And keep in mind, Pokemon Go has diverged from Ingress.

Only portals themselves diverged, mostly because some locations didn't want the foot traffic that the game brought. Ingress was not nearly as popular. From my experience there are more ingress portals than pokestops for that reason.

But in general they share the same technology base in regards to the cell phone density maps, which is the only relevant part to what I was talking about. In pokemon there is what us nerds call Nests. And they are the game manifestation of these density maps I was talking about. They are the dangerous part of pokemon Go imo. Why?

For instance if there is a bench overlooking a cliff, where people go and watch the sunset or watch the ocean while chatting on their phone. So what happens is these density maps reflect that, and tons of pokemon are going to be there, even though there is no pokestop. So is it such a great idea to have people trying to catch pokemon on the edge of a cliff? Yet... this density data is literally for the whole world, so pinpointing areas that are potentially dangerous for a zombie pokego player, is not a small task. That link about those guys falling off a cliff is the real life example. But in this case, my point is that if people are in the dog park near that boat ramp often and on their phones, you might have a nest right there. Especially because it's between two pokestops and that's where everyone is standing using their phone to take advantage of that increased spawning. So... over time, you could see a the nest grow because of that. And it's even worse because it's not like a store where all the spawn points are dispersed throughout the store, they are literally all really close to each other in a really small area.

We'll see if someone posts an ingress picture where we can see the XM (energy in ingress) spawn points that visualize that data. It's already a prime spot between two pokestops, but if it's now a nest, it's gonna be really close to that boat ramp imo

But bottom line is that if it's a nest, then it's like a hotspot for pokego players. Having a nest on a boat ramp doesn't sound like a good idea :)

I just checked her tumblr, and despite her initial enthusiasm for Pokemon Go (5 tweets, July 11-13), it got no mention on tumblr.

It is not uncommon for players to keep it to themselves... for example:

"Five Confessions of a Closet Pokémon Go User" (link)

I just checked on app store and it's the #5 top grossing app still. It's certainly not what it was back when it started, but if it's that high, it's getting played by somebody. Being in the top grossing chart is significant, because it means that people are spending money on in game purchases, as it's a free app. So you might even be able to determine if Toni was playing via a credit card statement with card she uses for her itunes account -- it'll show those in app purchases in an apple receipt.

Thinking more about the accident phase...

Driving your car while trying to catch a pokemon, near a boat ramp, could end tragically.

I know from personal experience that you can get really involved in capturing that darn pokemon. You're looking down at your screen and can become totally focused on it.

The more I think about it the more I like this theory.

I just checked her tumblr, and despite her initial enthusiasm for Pokemon Go (5 tweets, July 11-13), it got no mention on tumblr.

It is not uncommon for players to keep it to themselves... for example:

"Five Confessions of a Closet Pokémon Go User" (link)

She was battling the flu and not even supposed to work that night. If I feel like crap I'm not going Pokémon hunting no matter how into it I am. Also the weather that night/ morning was predicted to be awful. It never really happened but the entire metro thought we were getting an ice storm. Another reason no to go Pokémon hunting at 5am. Sorry I just don't buy this.

Thinking more about the accident phase...

Driving your car while trying to catch a pokemon, near a boat ramp, could end tragically.

I know from personal experience that you can get really involved in capturing that darn pokemon. You're looking down at your screen and can become totally focused on it.

The more I think about it the more I like this theory.
Is it even possible to drive and play at the same time?

I have to confess... um, yep. Once you have the pokemon engaged, you can drive away from its location and still work to capture it.
Thank you, I wasnt sure if you had to stay in the area or not. And both hands arent needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member