Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered this too. Looking at the profiles (real or fake) many of the check ins are at parks. I'm wondering if it's a solicitation thing?

I found this info in the Facebook forums:

[h=2]I am getting "check-ins" at my business by fake accounts?[/h]https://www.facebook.com/business/help/community/question/?id=10154548818148056

[h=2]How do I stop fake check-ins on my business page?[/h]https://www.facebook.com/business/help/community/question/?id=10154234606356201

What I can't quite grasp is why Toni didn't bail out of her car WHILE it was sliding down the ramp? From all google views, it appears to be quite long. And she was apparently aware enough to roll down her window and undo her seatbelt. If self-preservation is that strong, wouldn't it make sense to open the car door and roll out while skidding toward the river, or even AS the car hit the water, while still floating? The logistics just don't add up for me in this regard, among others.

I've never done drugs so have no clue how her *potentially* being high might have delayed her flight or fight response... Just saying that IMO, seems if she were able to realize the danger she was in, to the point she unbelted and rolled down her window, she'd open the dang door and roll out of her car while on the way down. Even if it was picking up speed on its trajectory, even if it was spinning, I'd hope I'd take my chances on ejecting from the car rather than the surety of being drowned in it.

My thoughts only, of course, but anyone else curious about this?

I have slid on ice more than once....and all that's going through my mind was steering the car and stopping it and avoiding a ditch. Granted that's not the same thing as sliding toward a river of icy water, but imo these things happen so fast....who can say how they would react. TBH I don't see myself jumping out of a sliding car and I feel like I have a pretty strong survival instinct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked the FB page for nearby English Landing Park, and it didn't have any check-ins. I checked a few other big parks in the area and didn't see any.

Here's a video of a tour around the park-the boat ramp is at the 2:21 mark.

Just pointing out in case it wasn't obvious, this is a video of a bike tour. The perimeter path around the dog park that ends at the boat launch in the SW corner is not accessible by cars, it seems.

I checked the FB page for nearby English Landing Park, and it didn't have any check-ins. I checked a few other big parks in the area and didn't see any.

One difference is that English Landing Park is lit (though not well) and much of it - especially the parking lot - can be seen from driving by on 9 Hwy and The streets of Parkville. The two parks are literally so close they are almost the same park, too.

I found this article regarding the KCMO Coroner's Office. It was common knowledge when I lived there that if a death did not SCREAM homicide it was determined to be anything else...or undetermined.

JMO

"After deputies found a young woman dead in her van with a trash bag over her head, the Jackson County Medical Examiner’s Office called the death a suicide.
Ten days later, a man confessed to killing her.
After bicyclists spotted a woman’s half-naked, bleach-covered body along a Northland road with a red mark across her neck, the medical examiner’s office ruled the death an overdose."

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...ise-doubts-about-protocols.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...l-examiners-raise-doubts-about-protocols.html

I knew the girl found in the van with the bag over her head and it was truly a suicide even though someone confessed, he's been cleared now. Very messed up situation out of the Kansas City International House of Prayer. There is a decent Dateline episode about it but the real info is found in blogs of the people involved. Anyway.... not to discredit what you're saying but the guy that confessed 10 days later didn't murder her. Bethany Deaton.

I have slid on ice more than once....and all that's going through my mind was steering the car and stopping it and avoiding a ditch. Granted that's not the same thing as sliding toward a river of icy water, but imo these things happen so fast....who can say how they would react. TBH I don't see myself jumping out of a sliding car and I feel like I have a pretty strong survival instinct.

Thank you! I've been on ice too many times to count and I agree with you about controlling the skid being the focus as it's happening. I think my main point was regarding context, as you mentioned, were I headed for an icy, fast flowing and deep river. It's been pointed out that she was unbelted with her window down, inferring that both were done in prep for escape, so just pondering IF she had that much instinct kicking in, why not bail? Of course, we don't know the timing of the window/seatbelt (before, during slide, after hitting and floating on water). I guess my experience with ice (futility) makes me hope I'd open and roll before/as I hit water. Heartbreaking in any event.

Here's a video of a tour around English Landing Park-

I wonder if this light was on?

attachment.php

Attachments

• parklight.jpg
    parklight.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 385
Thank you! I've been on ice too many times to count and I agree with you about controlling the skid being the focus as it's happening. I think my main point was regarding context, as you mentioned, were I headed for an icy, fast flowing and deep river. It's been pointed out that she was unbelted with her window down, inferring that both were done in prep for escape, so just pondering IF she had that much instinct kicking in, why not bail? Of course, we don't know the timing of the window/seatbelt (before, during slid, after hitting and floating on water). I guess my experience with ice (futility) makes me hope I'd open and roll before/as I hit water. Heartbreaking in any event.

I have been wondering if the unbuckled seat belt is the start of the slide down the ramp.....open window, saying/waving good bye to meet up person, start pulling out of parking spot, looking down to buckle belt, miss the sharp left onto the road out, end up on the ramp look up just in time to react, slam on breaks but it's icy (not from the roads) so that just makes the slide worse. JMO

One theory regarding the FB check-ins:

Many of these "fake accounts" are supposedly former KU students who live in KC, but a few are also based in Branson MO, Columbia (where Mizzou is), and St. Louis. These accounts are actually pretty active, checking in one or two times daily to similar locations no matter what the city -- tanning beds, gyms, dog parks, etc. Based on the fact that the location is not only a check-in but also "tagged" on the FB post in light gray font, it leads me to think that someone really is "tagging in" here. (See red box)

attachment.php

Could these check-ins be real people using fake accounts to signal location for a drug exchange? Would explain why they only seem to frequent the same public, high-traffic locations over and over again.

IF we follow this logic, it means that Platte Landing Park is a common, frequently used drug-dealing location. That also aligns with Toni's motive to go up to Parkville, if PS Sr.'s comments on FB were to be believed.

What really eats at me is that there were only NINE MINUTES between Toni sending her last "omg pulled over" text message and the (unread?) text that came at 4:53 a.m. from the person she was supposed to meet up with. So what happened in those nine minutes?

Toni slid off the boat ramp before ever successfully meeting up with her alleged dealer? Or did she meet up with said dealer, they did too many drugs, and Toni got in an accident after he left? Or did Toni run into someone else and witness something at the park she wasn't supposed to?

I personally hope/pray toxicology has answers. The only way I'll believe it was an accident is if it turns out she was impaired.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 2.24.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 2.24.39 PM.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 363
^ Seeing that stop sign, she might have hit her brakes, which could have actually accelerated her slide down that steep boat ramp and decreased her control of the vehicle.

It's also entirely possible that she didn't remove her seat restraint until she hit the river and the sudden rush of water then came through the window, preventing her escape.

One difference is that English Landing Park is lit (though not well) and much of it - especially the parking lot - can be seen from driving by on 9 Hwy and The streets of Parkville. The two parks are literally so close they are almost the same park, too.

Not arguing the differences of the park.... we were just talking about the rash of strange "fake" Check-Ins on the FB page for Platte Landing Park, and my OP was me just saying that English Landing Park doesn't have any of those check-ins.

There are roughly 3 times more suicides per year than homicides. Why is homicide so easy to believe but not suicide?

There are more suicides per year than fatal car accidents.

Approximately 10% of suicides are out of the blue, with no warning whatsoever. That's roughly 4000 people in the United States per year who take their own life to the complete shock and surprise of people who know them.

Toni was supposed to meet somebody near downtown Kansas City. Instead, she spent over an hour in Parkville before heading down a boat ramp. There is no known person that she was meeting. There never will be a known person because there wasn't any.

She unplugged her tracking device.

She told an officer she was going to the Shady Lady, and then headed in the opposite direction. With him right behind her!

The only explanation that answers all questions is a mental health issue.

And she does mention depression in her twitter. Not just, "I feel so depressed," but clinical depression. Her tweet: "I can tell I'm depressed cause I can't feel fully awake and I don't wanna workout and the only thing that sounds fun is eating lol" She mentions feeling depressed or experiencing depression many times on her twitter.

I wouldn't say it's the ONLY explanation. Perhaps she did all of those things because she was going to that location to do something illegal like use drugs. Suicide/homicide are honestly the least likely possibilities based on what I've read so far.

Not arguing the differences of the park.... we were just talking about the rash of strange "fake" Check-Ins on the FB page for Platte Landing Park, and my OP was me just saying that English Landing Park doesn't have any of those check-ins.

Sorry not arguing either, just pointing out that there might be no check ins like that for EL park bc it's so close to a more favorable area for that activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members