GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get the feeling this was premeditated. If it was, I would think she would have at least tried to hide the body, ie put more thought into it. To me it seems like she either got mad and did something out of rage or was crazy on drugs.

Remember premeditation can occur in seconds... when you start shaking a baby and you know that can severely hurt of kill that child, that is premeditation.

KMOV (i think) reported yesterday that there was no obvious signs of trauma to Tyler's body. To me that points to she shook him to death. Nothing a child could EVER do would be deserving of that! I am SO angry at her right now!

"BREAKING NEWS: St. Louis County Jail just confirmed that Shelby Dasher is being held on 1st Degree Murder charges in the death of her 13 month old Tyler Dasher. John Knicely KMOV & Claire Kellett KMOV here in the newsroom."

This was no accident with a first degree charge... now please Mr. McCullough tell us what you know!

St. Louis County Jail tells News 4 that Shelby Dasher, 20, the boy's mother, is being held on a 24 hour hold on First Degree Murder charges. No formal charges have been filed at this time. Police are no longer looking for other suspects.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Police-search-for-missing-1-year-old-boy-from-Affton--133904913.html

NOTE: this is the only news source saying 24 hold on First Degree Murder charges.

Here's another news source: The St. Louis County Justice Center said Dasher was being held on what's called a 20-hour hold, which means she can be released if charges aren't brought within that timeframe. She hadn't been formally booked yet, and no mugshot had been taken, a jail official said.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...352-5795-9bbf-01bdfa3c688c.html#ixzz1dspsiHNn

So who knows, yet. The DA is in charge now . . .

I keep thinking of that blonde friend of Shelby's, the one in the pony tail who was beside herself with grief yesterday.

Collateral damage. Prayers for everyone who loved this baby.

I haven't read every post...I had to stop following - the missing & murdered kids are the hardest :(

Just wondering if anyone noticed that one FB page Shelby had 'liked' or was it an actual group she had joined (???) you all may have already discussed it...and if so I apologize.

It was called something like DO NOT WAKE ME UP IN THE MORNING OR I WILL KILL YOU.....

No joke, I'm certain many of you saw it......

Honestly, I was not thinking it would be HER that was suspect :furious:

Again, the kids are so difficult to follow.

RIP Tyler Dasher....gone FAR FAR FAR too soon.

What the...HELLO! I was so angry yesterday, blaming the mommy, then backtracked...no mommy didn't do this. No mommy would never leave her child out naked in the bushes uncovered, naked. All I gotta say is my hinky meter was completely off yesterday.

Why? My gawd, if it was an accident - call 911. If she was so angry, how come grammy didn't hear anything? The house was only 800+ square feet - How do you not know someone is that enraged and in the other room killing a child. What about leaving with the child, and coming home? Grandma must have been quite a sleeper!

I didn't want to start the day feeling this way! UGHHHH!

MOO

Mel

Where was grandma? What did she know? This is beyond sickening! How can a mother intentionally murder her baby???

Waiting for the excuses to start.....she is so young, stressed, on drugs, alcohol.....bf was mean to her.....etc., etc., etc.

Once the psychiatrists arrive, the insanity defense will not be far behind.

I'm sick of it, the continual evasion of responsibility by the monsters who commit these crimes. The psychiatrists and the attorneys enable this, imo.

I don't understand the 1st degree murder charge either. We don't have the info yet but if she killed him in a rage, isn't that aggravated murder or manslaughter?

A blow to the head yes - a toss out a window yes - but a drowning, strangulation, beating NO. If in the act of murder it takes several blows, minutes to kill, a duration of force with pockets of time to realize what you are doing then it is first degree.

I think he may have be strangled or drowned.

MO

I don't understand the 1st degree murder charge either. We don't have the info yet but if she killed him in a rage, isn't that aggravated murder or manslaughter?

It depends on what she told LE... it was reported that she was very, very angry with him prior to his death. So what happened between the time that she was very, very angry and the time he was dumped in a bush in a cemetery?

First degree murder, penalty--person under sixteen years of age not to receive death penalty.
565.020. 1. A person commits the crime of murder in the first degree if he knowingly causes the death of another person after deliberation upon the matter.

2. Murder in the first degree is a class A felony, and the punishment shall be either death or imprisonment for life without eligibility for probation or parole, or release except by act of the governor; except that, if a person has not reached his sixteenth birthday at the time of the commission of the crime, the punishment shall be imprisonment for life without eligibility for probation or parole, or release except by act of the governor.

(L. 1983 S.B. 276, A.L. 1984 S.B. 448 § A, A.L. 1990 H.B. 974)
CROSS REFERENCE:

Execution, location, duties of the warden, 546.730

I agree! I was raked over the coals for that frame of mind yesterday, but IMO there was just too big of a coincidence for him to disappear in jammies that just happened to be identical to others in the home.

The jammies & blanket, the changing timeline of when the baby actually was put down to sleep, the over-slept till after 11 a.m. and baby disappearing... all too coincidental & hinky for the part of my brain that didn't want to believe the mom was involved.

Just jumping off your post;

I am confused about the two sets of jammies thing, I feel like I am missing something important in their significance. What does two pairs of the same jammies mean to those of you who think it is hinky? I don't understand how that is hinky. Can someone give me a scenario please? Not being a smartie, I really am wondering. I thought it was mom all along and that it happened after grandma went to work but am missing the jammie thing.

I thought I read that Grammy was at work and hadn't checked on baby or mother before she left. I think it must have happened between time Gma left and the 911 call. I have no words for this. She just dumped him like a piece of trash. :furious:

I had to go to the funeral of a friend and her baby that died in a fire. The Baby and Momma had matching caskets and flowers. The surviving family members had placed favorite toys, stuffed animals and blankets in the Baby's casket. I remember how delicate and loving family and friends were, touching, kissing and caressing that casket, just wanting 5 more minutes with the Baby.

The scene in my mind is a total contrast to that of this woman just leaving her Baby, unclothed, alone in the woods.

The police were horrified yesterday and now we're hearing that the mother got very very angry. What did she do to him? OMG. Was there blood? Blood in the house? :( Poor Tyler....

It takes a special person to be a police officer. IMO... My brotherinlaw is a funeral director/mortician. He says the worst cases are the kids. I don't know how these people; LE, ME, etc do it. I admire them. I hope they are able to have peace w/i their own lives even when they deal w/ horrors such as this on the job. Prayers for them.

I keep thinking of that blonde friend of Shelby's, the one in the pony tail who was beside herself with grief yesterday.

Collateral damage. Prayers for everyone who loved this baby.

There you go. That young lady said he made her feel better. And he should have been with her.

yeah i totally agree,would it be on the table if she is found guilty?

Missouri's history is very pro-death penalty. It all depends on if she indeed is charged in the 1st degree and what she did to that precious baby. Bob McCullough is not soft on child murderers and generally doesn't do plea deals for them.

You beat me to it prayers4missing!

Thanks.

This one is so disturbing. Maybe it was a case of shaken baby. Just a thought.

Just jumping off your post and not directed at you by any means. But when are we going to start getting angry! Don't make excuses for this monster by saying "maybe it was an accident, or maybe it was a case of shaken baby syndrome". HOGWASH!

We don't need to stoop to levels of Jose Baez!!

A message needs to be sent that it's NOT okay to kill your kid, under ANY circumstance and we will accept NO excuses!! Oh, poor SD...the baby woke her up and she accidentally dropped him. Or, she just went off the deep end and lost her marbles.

No excuse will ever by acceptable in my eyes. I don't care if she says the devil took over her body and has proof!

Back in the old days (which was really not to long ago), there would be a public hanging for this type of nonsense. Have we come that far where we're trying to find out a reason for a child killing so we don't have to face the horror in our own mind? To make it easier on us?

No - we need to face it head on. Stop looking for excuses and realize that there are women in this world (and men) that are just downright evil.

My thoughts and prayers are with Tyler. I have nothing to say about the monster other than I hope she rots in hell.

MOO

Mel

I think COD will be suffocation. She probably put a pillow over his face to stop him from crying so she could sleep in.

It depends on what she told LE... it was reported that she was very, very angry with him prior to his death. So what happened between the time that she was very, very angry and the time he was dumped in a bush in a cemetery?

First degree murder, penalty--person under sixteen years of age not to receive death penalty.
565.020. 1. A person commits the crime of murder in the first degree if he knowingly causes the death of another person after deliberation upon the matter.

2. Murder in the first degree is a class A felony, and the punishment shall be either death or imprisonment for life without eligibility for probation or parole, or release except by act of the governor; except that, if a person has not reached his sixteenth birthday at the time of the commission of the crime, the punishment shall be imprisonment for life without eligibility for probation or parole, or release except by act of the governor.

(L. 1983 S.B. 276, A.L. 1984 S.B. 448 § A, A.L. 1990 H.B. 974)
CROSS REFERENCE:

Execution, location, duties of the warden, 546.730

My guess is Grandma went to work. Mother is sleeping. Baby wakes up. Mother is pizzed that Baby woke up and she killed him.JMO.

Remember premeditation can occur in seconds... when you start shaking a baby and you know that can severely hurt of kill that child, that is premeditation.

KMOV (i think) reported yesterday that there was no obvious signs of trauma to Tyler's body. To me that points to she shook him to death. Nothing a child could EVER do would be deserving of that! I am SO angry at her right now!

You're right, you're right. I guess I shouldn't have said premeditation. I just meant that I don't think she thought about this for weeks and planned it. That was my point, just not said very well. :)

Just jumping off your post;

I am confused about the two sets of jammies thing, I feel like I am missing something important in their significance. What does two pairs of the same jammies mean to those of you who think it is hinky? I don't understand how that is hinky. Can someone give me a scenario please? Not being a smartie, I really am wondering. I thought it was mom all along and that it happened after grandma went to work but am missing the jammie thing.

By itself it's not hinky... how the story played out yesterday made it hinky to me. This story broke locally around 11ish on facebook with the local media. Within a short time they reported with a photo of LE holding the duplicate identical pair of jammies Tyler was wearing, but also said they did not have any photos of Tyler to show the public because the family did not have any. Those two things sent my hinky meter off. Finally two hours later social media finally had pictures of Tyler, although Krimekat said they were shown on TV earlier than that... i didn't have the TV on until 2ish so I just followed it on my laptop.

So those two things set my hinky meter off, then the timeframe changing on when Tyler was put to bed added to it, and the sleeping in until after 11 a.m. added to it. It was all these scenarios combined that didn't add up for me. I found it convenient/coincidental that there wasn't a picture of Tyler readily available, yet there was of a matching set of PJ's he just happened to be wearing when he disappeared while he mommy accidentally overslept and then found him missing. There were too many odd things to allow me down the stranger abduction path. I hope that explains my thinking about why the jammies to me are very, very odd in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18