GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"BREAKING NEWS: St. Louis County Jail just confirmed that Shelby Dasher is being held on 1st Degree Murder charges in the death of her 13 month old Tyler Dasher. John Knicely KMOV & Claire Kellett KMOV here in the newsroom."

This was no accident with a first degree charge... now please Mr. McCullough tell us what you know!

BBM: OMG ... 1ST DEGREE !

Pre-Meditated ... LE knew IMMEDIATELY when they first got to the home it was FOUL PLAY ...

OMG ... This poor baby !

MOO ...

MOO ...

BBM: I remember that, Stella5 ... and I agree -- TOO BIG of a "coincidence" ...

My HINKY METER went through the roof yesterday when the reporter was showing an "identical set" of PJ's that just 'happened' to be in the home ...

Another thing -- LE seemed to be fairly certain EARLY ON in the investigation that there was FOUL PLAY ...

:waitasec: So ... WHAT did they know when they went to the home ... and WHAT was said on that 9-1-1 call that made LE "immediately suspect" FOUL PLAY ?

This is just absolutely heartbreaking !

:rose: May Tyler Rest In Peace :rose:

:(

Reflecting back on yesterday one of the earliest things LE found hinky was the 911 call because Shelby reported that Tyler had probably let himself out of the house and was missing. LE stated early on there was no forced entry and they thought it was unlikely he had let himself out of the house so they were then focused on stranger abduction (at least to us the public they were saying that). They took mom down to Clayton pretty quickly... wonder how long it took before she came clean?!?

I had a little escape artist of the 5 children I had... the earliest she could open a front door she was very close to 2. Tyler had just started walking within the week and was reportedly only 20 pounds. I just can't see him being stable enough to be capable of opening a front door and toddling away by himself.

I also have friends on heroin; they all look different & function differently. So, what does heroin look like?

All I am saying is that StL has a huge problem & is trying to tackle it. The area where this family lives is reported to have had over 10 heroin deaths this year alone. I have posted a map in this thread which is available from stltoday.com illustrating this tragedy!

Speculation only due to her age, demographics, where she lives, the items on the back patio table, etc. I guess we will soon find out . . .

You make great points. My sister is a recovering heroin addict and when she was using, she didn't give a damn about her kids.

As you said, speculation, but it's a possibility. Either way, Tyler didn't deserve to die. :(

BBM: I agree ... IMO, the 2 sets of pajamas was HINKY ... VERY HINKY ... that's what made me think NOT an accident ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

Then you think this was premeditated as she planned in advance what she'd use? No chance of it being an accident? The PJ's didn't tell me anything because when raising my children I made their PJ's and often had 4 bottoms with 2 tops. I guess few sew any more either.

was the grandma home? I guess I just assumed she was at work.....I really hope she wasn't there because if she was and didn't stop it that is just worse :(

STL County Police Chief said Grandma was at work when Shelby called 911. Grandma herself told police she did not see Tyler or Shelby before leaving for work.

Fox2 said a presser will take place later this morning, no definite time yet.

BBM

if it was an accident would she have been charged with first degree murder though?

im still learning about how the system all works,forgive me :innocent:

BBM: No, if it was truly an accidental death, she wouldn't be charged with 1st degree murder; however, since the DA has not charged her yet, we just don't know.

was the grandma home? I guess I just assumed she was at work.....I really hope she wasn't there because if she was and didn't stop it that is just worse :(

The most recent reports say she was at work.

ETA: Ooops, you beat me, Stella. :)

I wondered if Tyler was killed in the morning after grandma left for work too.

I think the ME will be able to tell a lot with the body being found so soon, including a very good estimate of time of death. I also think the cause of death was visibly apparent and helped LE to get the truth during the interrogation of mom. JMO...

Then you think this was premeditated as she planned in advance what she'd use? No chance of it being an accident? The PJ's didn't tell me anything because when raising my children I made their PJ's and often had 4 bottoms with 2 tops. I guess few sew any more either.

IMO the duplicate jammies aren't an issue. My kids had duplicate jammies when they were toddlers. I don't see how it means anything but that's JMO.

We discussed this yesterday & many commented that it's not uncommon to have multiple sets of the same outfit. Some think it is & some think it's not, but what bearing does it have? Hinky, why? I just don't think it is, but . . .

It was said early on that LE purchased the identical clothing & blanket to help the "witness". Now that would be Hinky to me!

Last baby shower I attended my niece received 3 of the same cute outfit from Target, a few from Walmart & I think 6 from Carter's. Same size, too - baby registry is a good idea.

BBM: Yes, Krimekat, I remember the discussion yesterday ... BUT ...

IMO ... I just find it -- CONVENIENT -- that the mother just happens to have an exact replica of the PJ's Tyler was "last seen wearing" ...

YES -- it could be a COINCIDENCE ...

However, I hope LE looks to see if the Pajamas were recently purchased ... check debit/credit cards, receipts ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

It's the fluff hour with Tim Ezell on Fox2 right now... so really nothing worth watching IMHO. I used to like him, now he irritates me. If they announce a presser, I'll be sure to let ya'll know. I'm stuck not doing much of anything while recovering from recent surgery, so I don't move much from the chair or couch unless I absolutely have to.

Yeah, Tim! What a nut . . . I have KMOX on & they are typically camped outside the Clayton Courthouse. Sure they will also break into Charlie Brennan if necessary. AM radio is FULL of callers about this sad sad incident.

Get better, Stella!

According to police, no more information will released until after the prosecuting attorney's office reviews the investigation .

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Person-in-custody-in-relation-to-Tyler-Dasher-case-133949043.html

The police were horrified yesterday and now we're hearing that the mother got very very angry. What did she do to him? OMG. Was there blood? Blood in the house? :( Poor Tyler....

She killed her child because she was "very very angry" according to LE. How is killing your precious little boy going to make your anger subside and your life better? Where is the thinking in that? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around that....................

BBM: Yes, Krimekat, I remember the discussion yesterday ... BUT ...

IMO ... I just find it -- CONVENIENT -- that the mother just happens to have an exact replica of the PJ's Tyler was "last seen wearing" ...

YES -- it could be a COINCIDENCE ...

However, I hope LE looks to see if the Pajamas were recently purchased ... check debit/credit cards, receipts ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

I just don't get the feeling this was premeditated. If it was, I would think she would have at least tried to hide the body, ie put more thought into it. To me it seems like she either got mad and did something out of rage or was crazy on drugs.

What the...HELLO! I was so angry yesterday, blaming the mommy, then backtracked...no mommy didn't do this. No mommy would never leave her child out naked in the bushes uncovered, naked. All I gotta say is my hinky meter was completely off yesterday.

Why? My gawd, if it was an accident - call 911. If she was so angry, how come grammy didn't hear anything? The house was only 800+ square feet - How do you not know someone is that enraged and in the other room killing a child. What about leaving with the child, and coming home? Grandma must have been quite a sleeper!

I didn't want to start the day feeling this way! UGHHHH!

MOO

Mel

I thought I read that Grammy was at work and hadn't checked on baby or mother before she left. I think it must have happened between time Gma left and the 911 call. I have no words for this. She just dumped him like a piece of trash. :furious:

I don't understand the 1st degree murder charge either. We don't have the info yet but if she killed him in a rage, isn't that aggravated murder or manslaughter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18