GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me sick to my stomach. Why in Gods name would a mother kill her child. I dont understand it and I hope that I never do. RIP Sweet Little Tyler. You are an angel now. I pray you didnt suffer.

Sources tell FOX 2 News the person in custody is the mother, Shelby Ann Dasher. However, police have not confirmed that information.

That person was taken back to the crime scene near the cemetery Wednesday, then back to Tyler Dasher's home. Police left with evidence including several toys.

The person has not been booked into jail and police say no further information will be released until the prosecuting attorney reviews the investigation.

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-missing-affton-mo-toddler-police-search-111511,0,5340800.story

Local news said GRANDMA put baby to bed that night, but was apparantly not home when SHELBY called police to report the baby missing the next morning. They also said that it IS Shelby who is in custody.

I was SO hoping it was not the mother. But I was discouraged by the video of Shelby standing outside yesterday as the police searched the area. She just seemed to be any other person from the neighborhood standing and casually chatting, not seeming like the mother of a missing child. (Just my observation.)

BBM where did you hear that? I heard local media report that Shelby said she put Tyler to bed at 10:30 p.m., and then STL Chief said in his presser that Tyler was put to bed by Shelby in the "early morning hours", and then said "shortly after midnight" when he was on Fox2 last night. The timeline changing was one of the things that set my skepticism into high gear yesterday.

Also that video of her smoking & just chatting away with those women... I want to smack her! She definitely does not look like a mother worried with grief over where her baby is, she looks more irritated than anything.

I get nothing on the Fox 2 livestream. Anyone else?

ETA: Nevermind!! Twice I've posted this (once today and now) and as soon as I post, the feed comes back! Grr!

BBM: I agree ... IMO, the 2 sets of pajamas was HINKY ... VERY HINKY ... that's what made me think NOT an accident ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

The 2 stes of pajamas? Could you give a brief synopsis please, I have missed this info, puhleeze don't make me go look.....:seeya:

Do we have any map links for this case? TIA! (I want to look at the home vs the cemetery vs the middle school...)

When Chief Fitch was speaking on Fox2 last night (live), I heard him say that the grandmother put Tyler down to bed and SD checked in on him later that night/early morning. It seemed to me like maybe SD wasn't home when Tyler was initially put to bed and checked on him when she came home. I'll go look for transcripts.

BBM: I agree ... IMO, the 2 sets of pajamas was HINKY ... VERY HINKY ... that's what made me think NOT an accident ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

:waitasec:

My kids at times have had more than one set of the same ones. Sometimes they come packaged like that (or mix/match with 2-3 tops and 2-3 bottoms). Other times, they have been gifts, or I've just bought an extra set if on sale. Especially for an infant/toddler... one good diaper leak and they may get stained beyond repair...

Just jumping off your post.

I don't think the person walking with a child in the other direction near the school had anything to do with this case. By the way, Tyler was not a "baby" that would typically be being carried in a blanket. He was a toddler that would have likely had a jacket on. I think someone sees a baby being carried in a blanket, I'm thinking infant. Tyler also appeared to be a big boy. Just breaks my heart. How could anyone do this to a poor defenseless child? RIP sweet little boy who should have been getting ready to have a fantastic Christmas. :(

MOO MOO MOO ...

I agree! I was raked over the coals for that frame of mind yesterday, but IMO there was just too big of a coincidence for him to disappear in jammies that just happened to be identical to others in the home.

The jammies & blanket, the changing timeline of when the baby actually was put down to sleep, the over-slept till after 11 a.m. and baby disappearing... all too coincidental & hinky for the part of my brain that didn't want to believe the mom was involved.

Local news, channel 2 ... Fox2 earlier this morning and they just repeated ... it was Grandma that put him to bed and that is confirmed that Shelby is in police custody.

BBM where did you hear that? I heard local media report that Shelby said she put Tyler to bed at 10:30 p.m., and then STL Chief said in his presser that Tyler was put to bed by Shelby in the "early morning hours", and then said "shortly after midnight" when he was on Fox2 last night. The timeline changing was one of the things that set my skepticism into high gear yesterday.

Also that video of her smoking & just chatting away with those women... I want to smack her! She definitely does not look like a mother worried with grief over where her baby is, she looks more irritated than anything.

RIP Tyler.

How heartbreaking! Why, why do parents do this to their children? :furious:

You beat me to it prayers4missing!

Thanks.

This one is so disturbing. Maybe it was a case of shaken baby. Just a thought.

The 2 stes of pajamas? Could you give a brief synopsis please, I have missed this info, puhleeze don't make me go look.....:seeya:

Supposedly Tyler had two pair of the same jammies that he was wearing when he went missing. So SD (or gramma or whoever) was able to give LE an exact replica of the set he was wearing so they knew what it looked like.

ETA: I'm not as up-to-date on info as some others so correct me if I'm wrong. But this is what I heard yesterday.

I posted this earlier but it was deleted probably because of names?Not sure.

My big question is, if the witness saw someone in a hoodie with a baby in a blue blanket (and this was mom) going towards middle school the opposite direction of where TD was found how did she get to where he was found to put him there????

Oh wow...I just watched the clip they just had on..If its not shelby then who is it?

Of course, it's Tyler's mom; there's no one else. There was no LE campaign to search for a baby killer or a man hunt after 5p yesterday.

Sad sad situation. Sure the facts will come out.

She reported the child missing to police after she awoke about 11 a.m.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...352-5795-9bbf-01bdfa3c688c.html#ixzz1dsZJunqA

Bouncing off your post... Speculation: I do think the mother may have slept in that morning but maybe not until 11:00am. I think little Tyler, being at that toddler age, climbed out of the crib and got into some kind of trouble. Let me add --- this would be best-scenario, but I know there are other possibilities as well. :(

ETA: Nevermind... I just saw what was said about SB getting angry.

Do we have any map links for this case? TIA! (I want to look at the home vs the cemetery vs the middle school...)

I made this last night... news is saying it's only 500 yards from the house to where he was found.

ETA... attachment didn't attach... look a few more posts down & you'll find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay