GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not making excuses for this young girl...but she was only 20 yrs..and her FB page says she LOVES to sleep..I can see her getting very very angry b/c Tyler woke up and gramma at work and she wanted to sleep..I also think she has been watching the Lisa case and knew someone would see her walking down the street with a baby to make it look like a kidnapping..-She will never get the DP-she is to young and I don't see a jury giving it to her.It is a complete shame that she will spend the rest of her life in jail..just 20 yrs old..So very sad for Tyler!!!! PLease this is just MOO!!

It would have been a lot more remorseful had she called 911 right away, but instead she threw himin a bush and left him there. No way did she do this because she is young and likes her sleep. she is cold and evil and should not walkt he streets. What could she do to somoen who is NOT her own little baby???

This was her flesh and her blood.

The police are back at the scene where they took Shelby (most likely to have her show what happened) before she went to be charged. They are carefully looking most probably for evidence that nothing was left behind :( Certainly poor baby Tyler wasn't.

I only heard what you've heard about a 'fit of rage'? I do not believe it was premeditated because she didn't even attempt to bury the baby's body? At least these are things I've heard. Also, I've heard the couple that found the body wouldn't talk to the press about the state of its condition....has anyone heard anything more about them?

I am not making excuses for this young girl...but she was only 20 yrs..and her FB page says she LOVES to sleep..I can see her getting very very angry b/c Tyler woke up and gramma at work and she wanted to sleep..I also think she has been watching the Lisa case and knew someone would see her walking down the street with a baby to make it look like a kidnapping..-She will never get the DP-she is to young and I don't see a jury giving it to her.It is a complete shame that she will spend the rest of her life in jail..just 20 yrs old..So very sad for Tyler!!!! PLease this is just MOO!!

I will tell you, I LOVE sleep. I could sleep the entire day if my family would let me and if I didn't think I was wasting my life away. But how can you ever get mad at your child for waking you early???

It may have had something to do with her young age. I think some mothers get pregnant on accident and they're just too young to appreciate a helpless child. They aren't mature enough to take on the responsibility. They're still way too caught up in their own lives and their selfishness. These are the moms who scare me, imo. And if they add drugs to the mix, they're just playing with fire.

(not to say EVERY young mother is untrustworthy, just some!)

ETA: I was just jumping off your post, Syra, not directing that at you. :)

I think what throws a lot of us "off" on some of these cases is that some of these "moms" don't fit our profile of what a baby killer looks like. When you think of a baby killer, you think of some derelict, usually a man, sneaking in through windows, you think of drugs, you think of horrible living conditions, neglect, etc...

It is difficult to comprehend someone like Shelby or even Casey, for that matter, killing their child and throwing them in the woods like trash. It doesn't computer. Seemingly fun loving, sweet person with plenty of family support in helping to raise the child. Pictures show happy, healthy children dressed in cute little clothes, in a nice home enviornment surrounded by loving friends and family.

It is difficult to make the jump to accept that this child, who appeared to be so well loved and cared for, could possibly have been the victim of his own mother.

Now-don't get me wrong. I am not making excuses, nor will I ever make excuses for anyone-especially a parent who kills their own child!!! I am just saying that it difficult to wrap your heads around it. Her friends and cousins that were interviewed are a perfect example-no idea how this could have happened. None. Shocked and dumbfounded. Just normal, everyday girls in a normal everyday neighborhood. And now this lovely child is not only gone, but in such a horrifying way, by the hands of his own mother and dumped naked like a piece of trash in the woods.

I am just too angry for words.

And one more thing: Tyler, I am so happy that Shelby didn't get the opportunity to get on TV and spew a bunch of lies and cry fake tears and further victimize you. I am so sorry you are gone and so sad for your father and your family and loved ones. RIP sweet little angel.

I haven't read every post...I had to stop following - the missing & murdered kids are the hardest :(

Just wondering if anyone noticed that one FB page Shelby had 'liked' or was it an actual group she had joined (???) you all may have already discussed it...and if so I apologize.

It was called something like DO NOT WAKE ME UP IN THE MORNING OR I WILL KILL YOU.....

No joke, I'm certain many of you saw it......

Honestly, I was not thinking it would be HER that was suspect :furious:

Again, the kids are so difficult to follow.

RIP Tyler Dasher....gone FAR FAR FAR too soon.

BBM: Yes, I noticed that also ... I "held back" on My Opinion on what I saw on FB ...

BUT ... interesting ... to say the least ...

MOO ...

I think COD will be suffocation. She probably put a pillow over his face to stop him from crying so she could sleep in.

My thoughts too for a couple of reasons: No obvious signs of injury and the first degree murder charge. From reading here it has been said it takes a long time to smother someone, she had a long time to stop and didn't! All MOO

RIP little Tyler

up date from KMOX:

awaiting word of possible charges . . . LIVE in Clayton.

DA is questioning Shelby. She is arrested on a 20-hour hold & will need to be charged within that 20 hours or will be released.

It would have been a lot more remorseful had she called 911 right away, but instead she threw himin a bush and left him there. No way did she do this because she is young and likes her sleep. she is cold and evil and should not walkt he streets. What could she do to somoen who is NOT her own little baby???

This was her flesh and her blood.

Excuse me----I did say I was not making excuses for her!!!!!..20 is young to a lot of us and I realize it was her flesh and blood...and it no excuse,,but she did it and yes it was cruel..but thanks for your post!!!
and I did say this MOO

<Respectfully snipped>
Also, I've heard the couple that found the body wouldn't talk to the press about the state of its condition....has anyone heard anything more about them?

They have provided no comment to the media about what they found . . . visibly shaken at the scene (duh) & their names have not been released to MSM.

up date from KMOX:

awaiting word of possible charges . . . LIVE in Clayton.

DA is questioning Shelby. She is arrested on a 20-hour hold & will need to be charged within that 20 hours or will be released.

There was one more sentence to this post when I first saw it. Did you delete it because it was inaccurate?

Just jumping off your post and not directed at you by any means. But when are we going to start getting angry! Don't make excuses for this monster by saying "maybe it was an accident, or maybe it was a case of shaken baby syndrome". HOGWASH!

We don't need to stoop to levels of Jose Baez!!

A message needs to be sent that it's NOT okay to kill your kid, under ANY circumstance and we will accept NO excuses!! Oh, poor SD...the baby woke her up and she accidentally dropped him. Or, she just went off the deep end and lost her marbles.

No excuse will ever by acceptable in my eyes. I don't care if she says the devil took over her body and has proof!

Back in the old days (which was really not to long ago), there would be a public hanging for this type of nonsense. Have we come that far where we're trying to find out a reason for a child killing so we don't have to face the horror in our own mind? To make it easier on us?

No - we need to face it head on. Stop looking for excuses and realize that there are women in this world (and men) that are just downright evil.

My thoughts and prayers are with Tyler. I have nothing to say about the monster other than I hope she rots in hell.

MOO

Mel

Thank you for speaking my mind, Melanie! I am too angry to articulate my words!!!! I am so sick of these ! THERE IS NO EXCUSE for abusing (mentally, physically, emotionally, etc), NEGLECTING, or exposing children to harmful situations (living with sexual predators, drug addicts, etc)...and sure as hell no excuse for MURDERING a child!!! Children= INNOCENCE...no matter what! I don't care what the perp has experienced in life...STILL NOT AN EXCUSE!!!!! I am so sick of all this walking on egg shells crap! CHILDREN NEED TO BE PROTECTED...and those who do anything less..... need to burn in hell!!!!!!! Oh, and those who KNOW about any form of violence against children, and do nothing...can rot too!!!!

:furious::burn::curses::curses:

Sorry for being so blunt...I've just had about as much as I can take with all this violence against children, and the excuses given as justification- (I'm sure SD's will have tons too-MOO!)!!!!
(All of this MY OPINION ONLY)

The police are back at the scene where they took Shelby (most likely to have her show what happened) before she went to be charged. They are carefully looking most probably for evidence that nothing was left behind :( Certainly poor baby Tyler wasn't.

I only heard what you've heard about a 'fit of rage'? I do not believe it was premeditated because she didn't even attempt to bury the baby's body? At least these are things I've heard. Also, I've heard the couple that found the body wouldn't talk to the press about the state of its condition....has anyone heard anything more about them?

Did you see the live shot? One of them found something in the brush, others came over along with a CSI guy with a camera & gloves..., then they cut off the shot. What the heck are they looking for?

I think they haven't charged her formally yet because they may seek the death penalty and are making sure it will stick. No chance she will be released, IMO. You don't dump your own baby naked after an accident.

BBM: Yes, I noticed that also ... I "held back" on My Opinion on what I saw on FB ...

BUT ... interesting ... to say the least ...

MOO ...

I saw that one too... and she liked "I don't care how old you are, if you don't show me respect I won't show you respect"

Those two pages were liked in time order... those sent shivers down my spine.

Did you see the live shot? One of them found something in the brush, others came over along with a CSI guy with a camera & gloves..., then they cut off the shot. What the heck are they looking for?

should I jump on my bike & go be a gawker with the others? Naw, it's too chilly for me . . . don't want to get involved or be in the way.

Now, if there was a missing child search going on today, I'd be front & center!

I think I am going to have to do some research on Mothers killing their own children. I want to know if there are warning signs other than the obvious like drugs and alcohol etc....This has got to stop. It's like an epidemic...I just don't understand at all.

Actually, fewer children are being murdered and the rate that they're murdered by a parent has remained about the same over the last 25 years; it's just that the news is so immediate and national that we hear about many more of the murders.

From the United States Justice Department about murder of children under five. 60% of murdered children under 5 were murdered by one of their parents.
(Note: Parents includes stepparents.)
Of all children under age 5 murdered from 1976-2005 --

• 31% were killed by fathers
  • 29% were killed by mothers
  • 23% were killed by male acquaintances
  • 7% were killed by other relatives
  • 3% were killed by strangers
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/children.cfm
So, surprisingly, almost 1 in 3 children under five years old murdered from 1975-2005 were murdered by a mother or stepmother. 97% were murdered by a family member or family acquaintance.
I can't find newer data about mothers murdering their children under 5, but homicide rates in general have gone way down since 1975.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member