GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she is 20 and not a teenager......and as my previous post I tend to disagree. I was a very young teen and never harmed any of my 3 kids. Plus I know other teen parents and none have harmed their kids. Being young is no excuse!

jumping off your post. i agree that being young is no excuse, but i would like to point out that the OP that started this discussion (SyraKelly) was not saying it was an excuse. i think she is being misinterpreted, since emotions are running so high right now.

Social security does not get involved in state child support. I know, I am raising my gd and her bio father is trying to get it and social security told me this. If someone claims a child as a dependent on their ssdi and it is approved the money does go to the custodial parent but the custodial parent has to notify ssdi so they can send them the portion that is for the dependent child.

That's my understanding too but if he was named when it was claimed then it would go to the mother in this case.

Oh,I see,I thought she didn't contact LE till after 11am yesterday morning and a sighting was seen by a neighbor the night before and a car with a loud exhaust.Wasn't there a sighting of a man with a baby and a blue blanket?

In the PC yesterday afternoon Chief Fitch stated that a man was sighted at 1230pm walking with a baby.

during the noon telecast, it was reported that sources are saying such . . . nothing from LE or the DA as of yet & nothing "printed" on the web

please correct me if I am wrong, other locals. The 1p updates are starting now.

I missed it live, and I haven't seen anything yet.

Age is a mitigating factor. IMHO

Personality disorders are mitigating factors IMHO.

Depression is a mitigating factor IMHO.

Mitigating factors are presented to the court in hopes of reducing charges or reducing sentences. (PD's aren't usually presented but IMHO PD's aren't a "why" of how a crime is commited.)

But IMHO don't really give a lot of insight in the "whys" of a crime. JMHO

I hope LE read her her Miranda rights first and got all their procedural "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed. I expect her public defender will pull out all the stops to get the confession thrown out.

Not here in StL County - she'll plea, especially if she confessed.

I can't get past her casually walking to the police car. She is almost smiling, looks unconcerned. Her baby is dead, found in a cemetery without clothes. What is going on that she looks so content? I would be hysterical and would need to be carried to the car. My face would be swollen and bleary eye from shedding tears, not casually walking along. dammit!

Hey gelfie, do you or anyone reading this have a link for that? I've been wanting to see that and can't find it. TIA

Again - I will say enabling. In interview posted last night, Policeman said that it was believed that grandma put the baby to bed at 10:00 and mom arrived home at midnight. She "supposedly" checked on baby then went to bed. Grandma is enabling her daughter to continue to party when she has the responsibility of being a parent. JMHO

Oh,I see,I thought she didn't contact LE till after 11am yesterday morning and a sighting was seen by a neighbor the night before and a car with a loud exhaust.Wasn't there a sighting of a man with a baby and a blue blanket?

The neighbors did not see a man with a baby that night. It was the next morning when LE showed up at Clevedon when the "witness" came up to LE & told them about the man with the baby & blue blanket by Rogers Middle School.

Residential area

Does anyone have the following links for me.

The one where she's smoking and not crying.

The presser from yesterday.

The presser from today, or has that happened yet? TIA

I like this picture of him laughing...

2896222d4049cc737f1df06200a46a32.jpg

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/de...sh/28/96/2896222d4049cc737f1df06200a46a32.jpg

during the noon telecast, it was reported that sources are saying such . . . nothing from LE or the DA as of yet & nothing "printed" on the web

please correct me if I am wrong, other locals. The 1p updates are starting now.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Poli...boy-from-Affton--133904913.html?commentPage=2

Multiple sources have confirmed to News 4 that Shelby Dasher has confessed to the beating death of her son, Tyler. She dumped his body then returned home to sleep, waiting several hours later to report him missing.

--includes video of shelby ( blue jacket/grey pj pants )-- with friends ----as LE searches for tyler...

shelbyandfriends.jpg

I really feel for everyone in LE and the ME who have to directly deal with the death of little Tyler. It must be truly heartbreaking to have to autopsy such a young child. :(

I'm anxious to hear COD. Hope LE agrees to release it so we have answers.

Hopefully, the silence will stop once charges are filed... but when I saw this, my hope for information dwindled a bit. If the prosecutor won't even let that be released, I'm not sure he will release anything else either.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...352-5795-9bbf-01bdfa3c688c.html#ixzz1dtfPNGVw

Prosecuting Attorney Robert P. McCulloch's office has told jail officials not to release the woman's booking photo.

Johnny Ellington, whose 24-year-old son, Joe Ellington, is Tyler's father, said he knew little about the investigation beyond what had been reported in the news. He said his family had been questioned by police and that the family advised Joe not to talk to the media.

Johnny Ellington, 65, said his son and Shelby Dasher were never married, and that his family saw Tyler frequently.

"He was just a wonderful baby and beautiful boy," Johnny Ellington said.

Neighbors described the area where the Dashers live as quiet, the people close. But several neighbors said they knew little about Shelby Dasher or her son because the Dashers had only moved into their rented home a little over a year ago.

"Everybody here kind of knows each other, but not them," said Rick Angeles, 28, who lives across the street with his wife and 3-year-old son. Angeles said a lot of young people were in and out of the Dasher home frequently but he never saw anything that concerned him.

Tim Adair was visiting his sister's home three houses down from the Dashers. He said Tyler's grandmother came over Tuesday, distraught, and told them the boy was missing. She said she had no idea where he could be.

"My niece gave her a hug and talked with her and prayed with her," Adair said. "I can't imagine how difficult this would be."

___
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=142403458

I think it's right about the witness of a man carrying a baby the night before...

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...fbf-11e1-b8ec-0019bb30f31a.html#ixzz1doC4MSeG

A neighbor said she became suspicious about 11:30 p.m. Monday after seeing a car with a loud exhaust system make a U-turn on the block and drive off.

Another witness told police he saw a man walking with a child wrapped in a blue blanket along a street near Rogers Middle School, about a mile from the Dasher home, about 12:30 p.m. The man was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and dark pants.

Police showed a blue blanket with images of stars, footballs, baseballs and soccer balls on it that was identical to one believed to be with Tyler. They also showed a set of pajamas to reporters Tuesday afternoon.
She didn't report him missing till yesterday morning after 11am when she said she woke up and three or four hours later he was found.She was probably walking around with him first to create her story.

BBM: Afternoon of 15 Nov was when the "guy" was "witnessed", not at night.

Dogs barked & a loud car was heard that night/early morning of 14/15 Nov

I just got back from the Thanksgiving Feast. All the little ones had on their construction paper pilgrim hats and Native American headdresses. So cute...

I kept thinking of little Tyler and how he'll never wear one of those little hats, etc. Then I looked around at all of the other parents laughing, and wondering why we keep following these cases? It's so heartbreaking - I would love to live day to day like a lot people, oblivious to all of this madness.

Bless you, Tyler.

But life is beautiful, IMO. Yes, we read about and immerse ourselves in these cases every day, but even though they are too many, they are a fraction of life. Every day I see happy families and loving parents caring for their kids.

I focus on these tragedies and mourn for these kids but I do not assume that this is the world and I don't allow these cases to prevent me from seeing the beauty in life and enjoying it.

There is a way to compartmentalize so it doesn't completely color one's view of the world in a permanent manner. I think that's important for sanity. :twocents:

Well she is 20 and not a teenager......and as my previous post I tend to disagree. I was a very young teen and never harmed any of my 3 kids. Plus I know other teen parents and none have harmed their kids. Being young is no excuse!

Plus that atricle is 7 years old. I am sure there is others more recent on the WWW.

http://wingnutwatch.typepad.com/win...ng-in-foster-care-or-being-a-victim-of-a.html

Here's a more recent article. I'm thinking she was 19 when she had him and this isn't the first time she abused him.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member