GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
she repeatedly struck this poor little soul cause she wanted some more sleep? :furious::furious:

both my kids were terrible sleepers up until they were about 7/8months i was up every hour with them.....not once did i ever contemplate hitting them/harming them.i just got on with it and was there whenever they needed me,is that not what your meant to do when you are a mother if your kid needs you?

so what kind of sentence will she get if she's charged with 2nd degree murder?

I hear, ya josie. My first child had colic until he was 4months and I also had PPD. and my second.. well, I became very ill after she was born. Anytime I felt overwhelmed I asked for help from family. Seems like SD had a lot of friends for support. It makes no sense. None at all.

So glad she confessed!

No circus here . . . She'll sit in jail until she is tried & then spend lots of time in prison. She'll plea.

This is NOT Florida; if LE & the DA has a case, well, that's all, folks (pretty much)!

They're cracking down hard on anything heroin-related around here.

Hats off to the investigators...

I am curious to know what it was at the house that led the Child Abuse-experienced investigator to immediately suspect child abuse (assuming it wasn't blood or other bodily excreminet/floods from little Tyler). Sounds like maybe it was the state of the environment itself? Curious...

BBM: :great: :great: :great: job, Investigators !

I wish more cases could get solved this fast !

:waitasec: I am also "curious" to know WHAT these investigators saw that immediately set off their HINKY METERS ?

:waitasec: Hmmm ... maybe they read here ... :innocent:

2nd degree,I don't get that,it's murder in the first degree to me.This will probably go on for a long time and the time she spends in jail will be counted as part of the sentence.

There has to be a differentiation in charges and sentences of someone who plans to do away with another person, plots and plans and sinisterly and coldly snuffs out the life of another and one who acts in the heat of passion, not intending to murder but acting so recklessly, their conduct results in a murder. Would it be just for a serial killer who gets pleasure from hunting, kidnapping and torturing people to death to get the same sentence as a mother who losses all control and beats her baby to death? Both evil but of different degrees, IMO.

In some states, though, like Florida, a killing that occurs during the commission of felony child abuse, would be first degree murder. Guess they don't have that in this state.

In any event, in MO it is 10 -30 years or LIFE without parole for 2nd degree murder. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_punishments_for_murder_in_the_United_States#Missouri

http://twitter.com/?photo_id=1#!/kmovnewsfeed/status/136918310808850432/photo/1

kmovnewsfeed kmov
Probable cause statement against 20-year-old Shelby Dasher in the death of her 13-month-old son Tyler. #tylerdasher pic.twitter.com/MYGRrTB5

10 minutes ago

Now what will the friends say?

I see one of Shleby's favorite pages on FB is

"I love Sleep"

Did you also see the one where she stated she would kill anyone who woke her up no matter their age?

Very good question! Her mother's name is Dasher, as is the mother's brother. IMO the mother never married Shelby's bio-dad... had her very young too 20-21 time frame. I'm willing to bet her bio-dad never was involved in her life.

Heartbreaking... All of this is sooo heartbreaking... But I'm going to agree with your post.. I'm curious to see if he pops up..

Very good question! Her mother's name is Dasher, as is the mother's brother. IMO the mother never married Shelby's bio-dad... had her very young too 20-21 time frame. I'm willing to bet her bio-dad never was involved in her life.

perpetuating the cycle . . . :furious:

human race slowing killing itself off kid by kid

He was so very precious. :cry:

359382720-15160958_540x405.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10010256-8.html?tag=page

I wonder too how long it was from first blow to death.

We need one of our verfied nurses/pediatric nurses to come and explain to us about closed head injuries.

We've had the discussion before but instead of me randomly trying to remember we should ask for one of our verified nurses to answer.

Nursebeeme still here?

Or he could have needed his diaper changed, or he just wanted to get out of his crib. :furious: But mommy just wanted her sleep........

She will have lots of time to sleep in the slammer now....UGH she makes me sick to my stomach.

There has to be a differentiation in charges and sentences of someone who plans to do away with another person, plots and plans and sinisterly and coldly snuffs out the life of another and one who acts in the heat of passion, not intending to murder but acting so recklessly, their conduct results in a murder. Would it be just for a serial killer who gets pleasure from hunting, kidnapping and torturing people to death to get the same sentence as a mother who losses all control and beats her baby to death? Both evil but of different degrees, IMO.

In some states, though, like Florida, a killing that occurs during the commission of felony child abuse, would be first degree murder. Guess they don't have that in this state.

In any event, in MO it is 10 -30 years or LIFE without parole for 2nd degree murder. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_punishments_for_murder_in_the_United_States#Missouri

Now what will the friends say?

Did you also see the one where she stated she would kill anyone who woke her up no matter their age?
Wow she really said that? Sounds like premeditation to me. Wonder if LE knows this.

Call a babysitter... Geesh!

Or keep her behind at home at night to take care of HER child so that she doesn't need to sleep most of the next day.

And if she must go out the night before, get her behind home at a reasonable hour.

If a person is old enough to make a baby, have that baby, "raise" that baby, then a person is old enough to know that they need to be responsible for that baby and do what is best for the baby period.

MOO

I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree. She did lie and made a false claim when she reported him missing. From the press conference, she confessed only when a seasoned investigator that has dealt with numerous child abuse cases did not believe her story and got her to confess. This is shades of Susan Smith to me, only telling the truth when faced with the fact that the lies are not being believed.

MOO

EXACTLY!

She hit that poor baby more than once. She could have stopped herself before she murdered him. She could have called 911 when she realized she had harmed him. She had choices!!! Tyler did not.

I do not now and will never have any compassion for anyone who could do this. Whatever the charge, the punsishment better guarantee she is never free to harm another child.

JMO

I think it's perfectly reasonable to believe that a person can be an attentive and loving parent when they are in public, around friends and family, but be neglectful and hateful to their child in private. I think there are personality disorders that support this behavior. I do not buy that a truly loving parent "loses it" and murders her child with her bare hands in a one-time fit of rage. There has to be something behind it...lack of empathy for the baby, lack of self-control and/or extreme immaturity and selfishness.

I wonder...do we know when Shelby went back to sleep for sure? Was it before she dumped Tyler's body or after? Did this come from LE and does anyone have a link? Thank you.

The investigation is still ongoing. They said in the presser they are using social media and other electronics...IIRC.

If the investigation leads them in the direction, they can always amend charges. JMHO

Wow she really said that? Sounds like premeditation to me. Wonder if LE knows this.

On her Facebook there were 2 separate comments. One about killing people who wake her up and another about only giving people respect if they give her respect no matter what their age is. Something like that.

I wonder how long he lived after the beatings... cannot fathom the idea of him dying in a bush...

I have been following since it broke yesterday, but haven't really added to the conversation. I just wanted to say...RIP Tyler. I am sitting here at my desk crying thinking of what you saw right before you took your last breath. You are in all of our thoughts.

Let justice be swift and harsh!!!

Call a babysitter... Geesh!

St. Louis Crisis Nursery! I'm SO glad to see the media advertising the ever-loving heck out of that wonderful place!!! All parents need to know that service is readily available in the STL area with NO QUESTIONS asked. It's a safe haven for kids whose parents are in crisis.

Or keep her behind at home at night to take care of HER child so that she doesn't need to sleep most of the next day.

And if she must go out the night before, get her behind home at a reasonable hour.

If a person is old enough to make a baby, have that baby, "raise" that baby, then a person is old enough to know that they need to be responsible for that baby and do what is best for the baby period.

MOO

I totally agree... Wonder where she went that was soooo important that she got home in the early morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx