GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This morning she goes before a judge at 10:30 this morning for preliminary hearing. He will decide if there's enough evidence to send the case to trial.

e53c2c9f4d6761de9122d72eac64a0cc_M.jpg

I guess I could go to Clayton & see if it's an open court room . . . but I'd have to take off my jammies

I don't know that I could contain myself in the same room as her, thankfully I am at work right now.

no news . . . KMOX just gave the noon report.

wonder what's up?

I'm really kind of confused right now... Shelby was due in court, but did not make an appearance and now the case has gone to the Grand Jury. She was already charged with 2nd degree murder in Tyler's death when they arrested her. I can only hope that maybe the Prosecuting Attorney has all his evidence ducks in a row and is now seeking a 1st degree charge. it's just the Grand Jury thing scares me! My husband served on it for six months and they were the ones to decide whether or not there was enough evidence to charge a person with a crime and bring it to trial. Please god don't let this case against her fall apart!

I'm really kind of confused right now... Shelby was due in court, but did not make an appearance and now the case has gone to the Grand Jury. She was already charged with 2nd degree murder in Tyler's death when they arrested her. I can only hope that maybe the Prosecuting Attorney has all his evidence ducks in a row and is now seeking a 1st degree charge. it's just the Grand Jury thing scares me! My husband served on it for six months and they were the ones to decide whether or not there was enough evidence to charge a person with a crime and bring it to trial. Please god don't let this case against her fall apart!

im confused too,she confessed...sooo what more do they need?

IMO, it's a matter of protocol to prevent any basis for appeals.

:rose: Tyler, may there be justice for the horror that your mother put you through :rose:

I don't know about Missouri, but in California cases are often brought before a Grand Jury in order to obtain an indictment and avoid the long wait for a preliminary hearing. It's a way for prosecutors to expedite a case and bypass some of the stalling tactics of defense lawyers. You can get an indictment and a trial date quickly, as opposed to the several years it can take in a high-profile case.

Earlier today I saw a comment on one of the "Justice for Tyler" community Facebook pages that said Shelby is due in court this Thursday, Feb. 2nd. Has anyone else heard anything? I'll try to find out more.

Okay, I copied and pasted this directly from the facebook page.

Update: Missouri Casenet Information
Preliminary Hearing Scheduled For: 02/02/2012; 9:00 AM ; LAWRENCE J PERMUTER JR; St Louis County

Well, here is the latest. Does anyone know what this all means? Why do they keep delaying it?

http://www.kplr11.com/news/ktvi-she...t-thursday-20120202,0,2723893.story?track=rss

Apparently, she still has no legal representation; therefore, the SA is continuing her case for a later date . . . may have to do with the back log of cases requiring court-appointed attorneys in St. Louis County court system.

All's quiet about this case -- I don't know who will touch it. No high price defense attorneys are taking it :dance:

You know you are in deep poo and deservedly so when not even Mark G. or Jose will touch your case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back