GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
grandma is going to donate the crib that Tyler may of been beaten and killed in..... that just gives me the heebie jeebies..

I agree.. I'm sure she's just trying to do something nice for another baby.. I don't think id want it.. Just saying

Here is my take on the doll. Little boys do not typically have baby dolls. Particularly 13 month olds. Baby dolls are generally given to little girls starting around 2 or 3 years old. I believe the doll was a tool used by LE in order for Shelby to demonstrate how and where she beat Tyler.

You are so smart-- I would have never thought of that!!

I am pretty sure that LE was seen taking the doll out of the house the morning they took SAD back to the home, so that makes perfect sense.

I agree that he is being honest as well. One thing that got me thinking....Shelbys bf stated that she called to invite him and his roomate over for breakfast for 11am. The bf stated that he always took a short cut to Shelby's house, he would go past the cemetry and walk right past the bush area where Tyler was found. This makes me think that she planned it this way possibly to put blame/point fingers at these 2 young men. She is putting them at the house, they walked right past the deceased child. She then goes to wake up Tyler and lets on that she discovers him missing. This puts the 2 men right at the scene and the BF calls 911.

Another point- he states that Shelby doesn't drink. Did she not state in an earlier link that she came home drunk????

I would be in hiding too if I were Shelbys mom.

If the toddler did wake around 630, perhaps he talked, played etc in the crib, Gma left for work, then he started crying, eventually screaming to be let out of the crib.

That was my first thought too, that she wanted these two men to either find him or be implicated or both. Anyone but her.

IMO if we are going to compare Tyler's case to Baby Lisa's case, I think the difference could be that Shelby broke down quickly because she was confronted with a whole lot of evidence very early on that pointed away from a kidnapping and toward a murder. It doesn't seem that there was much initial evidence in Baby Lisa's case. They haven't even found that poor baby yet. I am not buying that Shelby has a conscience for one second. IMO if the evidence wasn't pointing directly at her, she would be out partying with her friends tonight instead of sitting in jail. Remorse is something I don't recall seeing from any of these baby killers. And maybe that's the difference between them and us. I feel awful if I accidently run over a squirrel, for goodness sakes!

Have there been MSM reports of this Edger being at the house with Shelby? Is he saying he was there when Shelby beat and dumped her baby? This is a whole new ballgame if true.
I don't agree that the difference is the presentation of evidence. LI's parents were presented with a plethora of evidence as well. Even got to play the parents off of each other. The difference is either innocence vs. guilt, or simply being less stubborn and less convicted that you pulled it off. IMO it's not about what LE did or didn't do. They pulled all the stops with LI's parents as well.

Of course, most young people today are not narcissistic murderers or irresponsible leaches. This younger generation (the millenial generation) is really into volunteering and can be very good team players. As a generation X'er (we are called the slacker generation), I notice both the good and bad in generation Y, the next set down. I guess the worst of the child rearing and education techniques popular when millenials were kids, really affected those with dysfunctional families, enabling parents, etc, while the rest of the kids are doing well. But we need to do something in this country about this attitude of entitlement and irresponsibility. Because the kids they make, that next generation? Man, how will they turn out?

Yes, I have to agree. I am so insanely proud of the many teenagers in my life, and in the lives of my own children. They are mature, socially aware, active kids who sincerely care about making the world a better place. "Teenagers today" is a loaded term, and not at all accurate. Some people make a bad name for others of their category- but there aren't tons of big news stories about all the amazing kids out there doing the right thing, and there are a lot of them!

I don't agree that the difference is the presentation of evidence. LI's parents were presented with a plethora of evidence as well. Even got to play the parents off of each other. The difference is either innocence vs. guilt, or simply being less stubborn and less convicted that you pulled it off. IMO it's not about what LE did or didn't do. They pulled all the stops with LI's parents as well.

I wasn't bringing LE into question at all. I was saying that there seems to have been evidence of child abuse/violence at Tyler's home that there wasn't at Lisa's. Something LE could point to and say "Tell us the truth, Shelby. The evidence is right in front of you". Something in Tyler's house convinced LE immediately that he was not kidnapped.

He says he cared for Tyler then why did he think her being at his house till 2:30AM was a good idea when she had a baby to take care of!Does he work?Who is he to say anything about the grandmother who most likely was the main caretaker!He didn't keep a roof over their head grandma did OMG Tyler's monster is just too close to the thing that gave birth to my grandson.But If anything ever:furious::furious: happened to my grandson I would be the one in a jail cell for murder 1!:furious::furious::furious::furious:

I am a grown woman, full time grad student, full time mom and I routinely stay up until 2:30 and get up at 6:00 with the kids. I've never hurt my kids, I don't even spank. Sometimes 12-3 is the only time I can get a calm, quiet, study house because my house is normally full of young teens and preteens from around our neighborhood.

I don't think we can blame him for "keeping her up", especially when it's pretty normal for some people to be night people. It was HER decision how long to stay over at his place IMO, and it was her job to be aware of how late she could handle or couldn't handle.

I am curious though. He confirms that Grandma was in the house. Is it possible that she didn't hear him or Shelby assaulting him? What do you all think? I'm pondering this hard.

If I have to be somewhere at 7:30, then at 6:30 I'm in the shower. And at 7 I'm running behind in a frantic. Who knows her routine. It's possible that it happened after she left, or before. Either way it's possible IMO without having her be in on it. I think he is asking because he wants to make sense of it, and it would be easier to think of someone else as being guilty than a woman he was dating.

@ Mickeysmommom, I'm not so sure about the boyfriend either. I think I see the look and mannerism you are talking about. I don't want to accuse an innocent honest person but I'm just not so sure about him. I also have a feeling he might have been the person who commented on another post about them smoking a blunt. Not sure if that really matters but don't think it's too smart for those close to the Dasher's to leave comments on posts or on the news ( who knows, perhaps he was following a lawyers instructions). If the dude is being honest I whole heartedly apologize.

This question has nothing to do with the boyfriends mannerisms or anything he said and please forgive me if I'm being to graphic but I just have to ask. If the boyfriend was frantically searching for Tyler and Tyler was already beaten, killed and gone wouldn't the boyfriend have seen some blood or something in the crib? Something isn't adding up here.

Of course, only my opinion
I personally think there would have to be evidence to believe he is involved. I don't, right now, believe that at all.

Personally, even hardcore gang-bangers would have been repulsed by this. 2 months with this girl is not enough. This, imo, has to be more personal than that.

There was a study in 2010 (Diem & Pizarro I believe) that, if i recall, even showed that the community/familial makeup of American Latino culture make familial homicide even less common. Just being immersed in it myself, I just highly doubt he is involved- not without some damning evidence. Police believe him, so I do too. Unless that changes.

Besides, he'd never admit to being where Tyler was later found unless it was already "out" and he was defending himself. He volunteered that. I don't know. I don't see it.

Ok will someone PLEASE help me, I think I might be losing it. I could swear I saw a police officer walking to a police car with a baby doll, I believe in front of the house, between the time of the 911 call and Tyler being found. The doll wasn't wrapped or anything, and it was one of those that has a soft material body and hard plastic heads, arms and legs. Every kid in America has had one. I went back through the first thread but I'm almost positive I saw it on a live stream and i don't know if there is an archive for those??? When I click on them now, they are current news shows. I wish I would have gotten a screen shot!

Also, after listening to the boyfriend's interview and watching the helicopter footage again, I now think that it was the recently smoked cigarettes of Shelby, Edgar and his roommate that the police were photographing and putting in evidence bags on the back deck table.

Here is my take on the doll. Little boys do not typically have baby dolls. Particularly 13 month olds. Baby dolls are generally given to little girls starting around 2 or 3 years old. I believe the doll was a tool used by LE in order for Shelby to demonstrate how and where she beat Tyler.

As far as GMA donating the crib and Tylers things to the crisis nursery I think it is great. I cant imagine having those things in the house knowing that Ty is gone forever and knowing what happened at the hands of his own mother. By donating his things so quickly while the media is so focused on the story is a great way to bring more donations to the center and more importantly-more awareness of it's existence. I am sure that CDs intention is to try to make Tylers loss into something that can help prevent another tragedy like this.

I don't like hearing people speak out against her in her time of grief. LE has said SAD acted alone and have not charged GMA. She is an innocent victim IMO who obviously loved Ty and must be so heartbroken over his loss and the loss of her daughter who she obviously loved too.

IMO

There is a picture of Tyler with a precious moment doll (Looks at xmas). It looks exactly as what is described. The plastic head/soft body. Let me try and find it. :twocents:

Ok will someone PLEASE help me, I think I might be losing it. I could swear I saw a police officer walking to a police car with a baby doll, I believe in front of the house, between the time of the 911 call and Tyler being found. The doll wasn't wrapped or anything, and it was one of those that has a soft material body and hard plastic heads, arms and legs. Every kid in America has had one.

---you see LE with the doll at about 1:45 here:

11/16/2011 (KMOV - Tyler Dasher) Police holding dead boy's mother on murder charges - YouTube

---shelby w/ friends---at the recovery site---at the house w/ LE

--image of LE with the doll i grabbed off of a different clip..

tylerdoll.jpg

If I have to be somewhere at 7:30, then at 6:30 I'm in the shower. And at 7 I'm running behind in a frantic. Who knows her routine. It's possible that it happened after she left, or before. Either way it's possible IMO without having her be in on it. I think he is asking because he wants to make sense of it, and it would be easier to think of someone else as being guilty than a woman he was dating.

I personally think there would have to be evidence to believe he is involved. I don't, right now, believe that at all.

Personally, even hardcore gang-bangers would have been repulsed by this. 2 months with this girl is not enough. This, imo, has to be more personal than that.

There was a study in 2010 (Diem & Pizarro I believe) that, if i recall, even showed that the community/familial makeup of American Latino culture make familial homicide even less common. Just being immersed in it myself, I just highly doubt he is involved- not without some damning evidence. Police believe him, so I do too. Unless that changes.

Besides, he'd never admit to being where Tyler was later found unless it was already "out" and he was defending himself. He volunteered that. I don't know. I don't see it.

I didn't mean to imply that I thought he was involved in the murder. I think he would still be detained if that were the case. I just question him saying he was "frantically searching" the house for Tyler. I find it odd that he didn't notice anything at all unusual. I guess it's possible to beat a tiny, soft body as hard as you can over and over and over and there not be blood, but my gut tells me I don't think so. I guess SD could have also cleaned up the place before her friends came over.

If her plan was to implicate her boyfriend and his roommate it almost worked out perfectly until that one detective came in. Was she sitting around eating breakfast and laughing about the good times? Ick. It bothers me that she could be that cunning. Believe me I truly hope the boyfriend didn't know anything at all.

However, I still see the look and mannerism mickeysmommom was talking about. I'm just a bit wary. I realize that doesn't make him guilty of anything though.

There is a picture of Tyler with a precious moment doll (Looks at xmas). It looks exactly as what is described. The plastic head/soft body. Let me try and find it. :twocents:

I'm just jumping off this post but my son has had a baby doll for about two years.. He will be three in march.. He has bottles and pretends to change the baby.. My feelings are that I want him to have a soft side with baby's like a girl.. Drives the hubby nuts but that's ok..

I'm just jumping off this post but my son has had a baby doll for about two years.. He will be three in march.. He has bottles and pretends to change the baby.. My feelings are that I want him to have a soft side with baby's like a girl.. Drives the hubby nuts but that's ok..

Boys should be raised that way! Maybe that's what's wrong with society! There would be a lot less child abuse going on.

Boys should be raised that way! Maybe that's what's wrong with society! There would be a lot less child abuse going on.

I agree. I don't think it's that unusual for boys that age to have dolls these days.

FYI, I tried to look for SD's Facebook page and can't find it. I think they must have finally taken it down. I was going to look at her friends list to see if I could find her boyfriend.

I agree - just like Sissy is 13 months old and plays with cars/trucks. No reason to label the little ones with what they can play with right off the get go.

I am curious though. He confirms that Grandma was in the house. Is it possible that she didn't hear him or Shelby assaulting him? What do you all think? I'm pondering this hard.

Wait. I thought he said Grandma went to work at 7:30 am?

I may be O/T on this but it needs to be said.
It is time juries stopped mollycoddling these
pooor excuses for mothers. It is time to start roasting in the chair,
give a poke in the arm, or lock away for life.
Let that be in a no frills prison. I am fed up with this "mother"chit.
Maybe if we cook a few some will lay off of murder.
They dont deserve to live. :furious:

What I don't understand about what the boyfriend said is when he is talking about the grandma not hearing anything, I thought it was determined that SD killed Tyler after her mother left for work? Did I misunderstand or maybe the boyfriend didn't know?

I think that Grandma probably heard the baby waking up as she was leaving for work. She knew he needed to be changed and given a bottle. I doubt that she would leave for work with a baby crying and a sleeping mother. So I think it is most likely that she went to Mom's room and asked her to please wake up and take care of Tyler. That may have been the trigger, imo. :rose:

I agree. I don't think it's that unusual for boys that age to have dolls these days.

FYI, I tried to look for SD's Facebook page and can't find it. I think they must have finally taken it down. I was going to look at her friends list to see if I could find her boyfriend.

---------------
It wasnt unusual in the 50's either.
Our little neighbor girl had a doll.
Her brother and my son kept taking it.
We bought each boy a doll, played with for a month
or so and it was over. They both made excellent fathers.:seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics