GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So when I was trying to find an update on why it was continued I came across a support Shelby fb group (apparently she does have supporters) and her mom ha made a comment saying that it was continued as they did not have enough evidence. Not sure how true it is but thought i'd let you all know

So when I was trying to find an update on why it was continued I came across a support Shelby fb group (apparently she does have supporters) and her mom ha made a comment saying that it was continued as they did not have enough evidence. Not sure how true it is but thought i'd let you all know

Wow, speechless. She's got a lot of fans. I thought she had confessed?

:what:

That makes me sick beyond belief! How can anyone stick up for her? She confessed and she better get the max sentence possible. I read on another Facebook page that was for Tyler how a friend and relative are all sticking up for her and saying how Tyler loved his Mommy and wouldn't want her to go to jail for his murder :rage:

Tyler is dead and rotting in the ground. His life is gone and over with because of his so called Mother. She deserves nothing more then to rot in the ground as well.

Does anyone know if her Mother is sticking up for her? Or her boyfriend?

I just read through the support page :banghead: and YES her mother is fully supportive of her. Apparently one of her friends posted something about the cops being wrong. Seems like maybe she is trying to recant her confession.:banghead:

Her mother is behind her 100% and calls LE an unfortunate name. Don't know about the baby daddy. Her sister is supportive as well.:waitasec:

The woman in Washington state who killed six family members on Christmas Eve, 2007 admitted what she did and asked the court to execute her.

Here's the thread on that case:

Six Bodies Found in Washington Home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

She formally pleaded not guilty, however, and it's taking what seems like forever to bring the case to trial.
Confessions don't mean a thing until the trial starts, and even then, many of them are ruled inadmissible.

Dasher's Facebook family support group also doesn't mean a thing legally.

Do you have to have facebook to read the support page? Does anyone have a link they could give me or tell me how to find it?

I knew I didn't like her Mother the minute I read she gave away all of Tyler's things so soon after finding him dead.

If my child killed my Grandchild I would never forgive them and would want them to be punished for it. Yes I would still love my child but never would I support them.

leanaí;7637122 said:
Do you have to have facebook to read the support page? Does anyone have a link they could give me or tell me how to find it?

I knew I didn't like her Mother the minute I read she gave away all of Tyler's things so soon after finding him dead.

If my child killed my Grandchild I would never forgive them and would want them to be punished for it. Yes I would still love my child but never would I support them.

I completely agree with you. It is astounding the levels of denial that families of the accused experience and feel free to communicate to the rest of the world when the evidence of guilt of their loved one is nonetheless straightforward, overwhelming and undeniable (to observers).

I can't know exactly how I would react if one of my children stood accused of a heinous crime, but I would hope that I could examine the situation with a somewhat objective view. Despite incriminating evidence, I would never stop loving my child, but I don't believe I could offer him or her support in trying to escape punishment for legitimate charges. I don't think I would attack law enforcement and their methods unless I had a real indication that they were manufacturing evidence or ignoring another suspect in favor of prosecuting my child. I would hope that like Joshua Komasarjevsky's uncle, I would support the victim and encourage my child to accept the consequences of his actions. Hopefully, I'll never have to go through something like that. It would be heartbreaking.

I wonder too, I wish we could find out the details of the motion, guess we will have to wait and see

This is baffling!
What does it take to convict a person these days?
"Dead men (babies )-: ) tell no tales"...but that is what is seems to take!

I despise those that do not take responsibility for their actions!! I know that the accused has the right to a defense. However, I think that there are many that now believe that the accused have the right to get away with their crime. Grrrrrr!! The VICTIMS should have the right to have the PERP pay the price for their crime. This "mother" admitted that she beat her child to death. Walking away from my keyboard now.

They almost always file a motion to dismiss, they will likely do it again during trial if it goes that far. Not unusual.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... f6878.html
Attorney wants murder case against Shelby Dasher dismissed

UPDATED at 2 p.m. with information from attorney.

Dasher's public defender, Tara Crane, filed the motion seeking the dismissal or bail reduction on Monday. Dasher has yet to appear before a grand jury and Crane says the prosecution is taking too long to move forward to trial.

"She has been confined now for over 100 days, and you don't get an unlimited amount of time to keep her confined," Crane said. "We are wanting her case to proceed."

She says a judge should reduce the cash part of Dasher's bail to 10 percent, or $50,000.

The 'motion to dismiss' alleges excessive delay. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for this Thursday. I suppose we'll know more at that time.

By the way, it's a motion to dismiss OR lower her bail. I personally doubt the charges will be dismissed. These motions are routine. Virtually every murder case I've ever read about has included an attempt by the defense to have the charges dismissed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back