MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think someone didn't know what they were talking about when they said she was in trash bag lingerie. They probably meant black pvc vinyl. Something similar to these. They call it "dance wear".

Attachments

• 61RqaxrF0pL._AC_SY741._SX._UX._SY._UY_.jpg
    61RqaxrF0pL._AC_SY741._SX._UX._SY._UY_.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 23
Well dang, maybe there was something to that claim about 3 weeks ago that some Tik Tocker made of women missing and a possible serial killer.

That claim was pretty much in connection with the Black community but now that this victim has been found, we don't know if she is Black or not, but she apparently said he picked her up on Prospect Avenue. So maybe there was something to several women being missing, as the Tik Tocker claimed about 3 weeks ago.

That claim was pooh-poohed in part because one of the missing women (a teen I think) did turn up alive.

*I* didn't pooh-pooh the claim but many others did.

Well dang, maybe there was something to that claim about 3 weeks ago that some Tik Tocker made of women missing and a possible serial killer.

That claim was pretty much in connection with the Black community but now that this victim has been found, we don't know if she is Black or not, but she apparently said he picked her up on Prospect Avenue. So maybe there was something to several women being missing, as the Tik Tocker claimed about 3 weeks ago.

That claim was pooh-poohed in part because one of the missing women (a teen I think) did turn up alive.

*I* didn't pooh-pooh the claim but many others did.

The probable cause statement has b/f next to a redaction, which I took to mean black female. Not positive though

The woman interviewed in the YT video says she met TH on a dating site and they went out several times. This was 4 years ago.
So freaky. I know this poor woman in hindsight is horrified but what we know now is who would want to date something like this? I feel sorry for her in a sense that perhaps once she processes everything she may think of something that gave her something was off. Afterall it was her experience and she dated him so she is the one who could examine we have no idea.

Latex lingerie and whips are pretty common in that community, so yes, it's a possibility. But we have no way of knowing either way just yet. BDSM relationships can also become abusive, but it doesn't sound like this is what happened here.
SBMFF

Errrrr... do you have a link to support that "latex lingerie and whips are pretty common in that community?".

It’s sad this even needs to be said. Social media is going to be the downfall of civilization. I’m calling it now.

(Well… technically, I called it back in 2009 when I chose “social media and social problems” as the focus of my senior psych research project and dissertation. And SM was still just a baby back then!)
I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for saying it.

The records on that site aren't very reliable. Even the ones that are correct probably won't give an accurate timeline.

If I look up my father, it shows 5 addresses with two that he never lived in, and the move-in/out years for the three he did live in being off by years or decades. It's also missing three addresses that I know of. There are similar issues if I look up myself and other family members.
Oke. Good to know. Thanks.

Last edited:
SBMFF

Errrrr... do you have a link to support that "latex lingerie and whips are pretty common in that community?".
As someone within the BDSM community, I can speak to the common appearance of latex and whips. Any link I'd provide here would be NSFW.

Edit to add: I second what @Lirael said; whatever was happening here was definitely NOT BDSM.

As someone within the BDSM community, I can speak to the common appearance of latex and whips. Any link I'd provide here would be NSFW.

Edit to add: I second what @Lirael said; whatever was happening here was definitely NOT BDSM.
I would say that he was into BDSM, but it wasn't just some harmless loving role play between two consenting adults.

I would say that he was into BDSM, but it wasn't just some harmless loving role play between two consenting adults.
Hey may have been in to bondage, he may be a sadist. He may have liked to dominate his victim(s) for his own perverse and twisted and pleasure. BDSM in a way implies consenting parties. I agree that it wasn't harmless and his victim was not consenting. MOO

Timothy Haslett, Jr., who is being held at the Clay Co. Detention Center, appeared in the courtroom (via video) for the first time since his arrest on Friday morning, October 7, 2022. The Excelsior Citizen’s Jason Cole attended the arraignment that was held, Tuesday, October 11, 2022, at 1:30 PM in the Rooney Justice Center in Liberty, Missouri. At the arraignment, Haslett was solemn and stood with his hands behind his back while three charges were filed against him. Count one was rape in the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of 5-years to life in prison. Count two was kidnapping in the first degree, with a punishment of imprisonment for a term of 5 to 15 years. The third count was for allegations of striking the victim repeatedly with a whip and carries a sentence of 1 to 7 years and a $10,000 fine. These were the initial charges but more charges could be applied pending the findings of the ongoing investigation.

The judge brought forth an outstanding case against Haslett from 2021 for careless and imprudent driving. Haslett missed several court appearances in regard to the case and forfeited his bond on two separate occasions. Haslett pled guilty to the careless and imprudent charge and the judge ruled “time served” for the three previous days Haslett had spent in the county detention center. Haslett asked that his bail money be returned so that he could start “a fund for his son.” The judge informed Haslett that in Missouri, bail paid directly to the court is refunded upon sentencing.

Timothy Haslett, Jr., who is being held at the Clay Co. Detention Center, appeared in the courtroom (via video) for the first time since his arrest on Friday morning, October 7, 2022. The Excelsior Citizen’s Jason Cole attended the arraignment that was held, Tuesday, October 11, 2022, at 1:30 PM in the Rooney Justice Center in Liberty, Missouri. At the arraignment, Haslett was solemn and stood with his hands behind his back while three charges were filed against him. Count one was rape in the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of 5-years to life in prison. Count two was kidnapping in the first degree, with a punishment of imprisonment for a term of 5 to 15 years. The third count was for allegations of striking the victim repeatedly with a whip and carries a sentence of 1 to 7 years and a $10,000 fine. These were the initial charges but more charges could be applied pending the findings of the ongoing investigation.

Did you watch the reporter's video at your link? The reporter seemed uncomfortable and even stated that he never imagined he would be reporting on something like this. Also mentioned that a community rally is in the planning stages. Sounds like a tight knit community and that this case has really rattled some nerves of those there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back