MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not the OP, but Independence Avenue was also mentioned by Bishop Caldwell, but that is also in Kansas City. Could that be the other area? Or are you thinking specifically in Excelsior Springs itself??
He said “around that area” when I mentioned Excelsior Springs. We’re in the city so Independence Ave is pretty local/familiar to us while ES isn’t a particularly close suburb so he wouldn’t confuse or conflate the two areas. He’s in trucking and said that he kind of hears these rumors through work. The truck drivers are afraid of serial killers so they sleep in his company’s lots for safety. He said the ramming didn’t sound familiar though.

I wondered where he would go as well??? As I am sure Police will not let him back there … nor his landlord I would assume???

And his father doesn’t live locally, do they let people on bail in the US travel interstate????

I guess we only have to worry if he or his family can raise the $500k bond??
It may go lower than $500k. According to @Gardenista's screen shot it indicates the hearing on 10/18 is a bond reduction hearing. JMO

It may go lower than $500k. According to @Gardenista's screen shot it indicates the hearing on 10/18 is a bond reduction hearing. JMO
If something like that happens, all hell will break loose coupled with the fact that the community was gaslighted in regard to their valid concerns of a number of missing young women. If anything his bond will be increased. He's not going anywhere.

Does anyone know what this is??? A homemade furnace or something similar??? (It also appears to be on wheels)

Mr Slouth thinks it maybe a “smoker” ????

Photo from this article

View attachment 373720
Looks like a smoker to me.

"Prior to the arrest, the Kansas City Police Department had written off rumors of a serial killer targeting Black women in the area as “completely unfounded rumors,” according to the Kansas City Defender."

"Lisa Johnson, 41, who has lived in Excelsior Springs her whole life, said she was getting ready for work around 7:35 a.m. Friday when she heard a faint “help me” from outside her front door, which was open."

“Please don’t. If you call the cops, he’s going to kill us both,” the woman said, Johnson recounted.

regarding the victim's comments after her escape wherein she referenced her friends not making it:

I wonder if this isn't in reference to individuals that were held captive with her but rather her having friends who frequent the area she was picked up by TH in and some of those friends have gone missing prior to her being taken.
ie. she connected dots of rumors swirling about a SK taking women of color and then she herself was taken and victimized so she is convinced that he is responsible for her missing friends as well.

I think if there were any evidence of bodies on his property they would've been found by now.

But KC defender has been talking for a while about their belief that an active SK has been disappearing girls and women. Would the victim be aware of these rumors? Has she had any friends go missing?

Not sure what to make of this. Investigation growing, but all the agencies are from Clay County? BUT they don't think any other possible victims are from the area?

Timothy Haslett, Jr. is charged with rape, kidnapping and second-degree assault. His arraignment is set in Clay County for 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The Excelsior Springs Police Department announced Monday afternoon it has activated the Clay County Investigative Squad Task Force, a group described as “a multi-jurisdictional entity comprised of members from multiple municipal law enforcement organizations within Clay County.”

To dispel any rumors of Haslett’s alleged victims being missing women from Kansas City, the police department also said law enforcement agencies across the area have confirmed there are no current missing person reports corresponding with evidence examined in the Excelsior Springs investigation, thus far.

regarding the victim's comments after her escape wherein she referenced her friends not making it:

I wonder if this isn't in reference to individuals that were held captive with her but rather her having friends who frequent the area she was picked up by TH in and some of those friends have gone missing prior to her being taken.
ie. she connected dots of rumors swirling about a SK taking women of color and then she herself was taken and victimized so she is convinced that he is responsible for her missing friends as well.

I think if there were any evidence of bodies on his property they would've been found by now.

But KC defender has been talking for a while about their belief that an active SK has been disappearing girls and women. Would the victim be aware of these rumors? Has she had any friends go missing?

That's what I was thinking. Could be the case that when one has found self held hostage, there's plenty of time to think about all the stories of other women going missing never to be seen again

Not sure what to make of this. Investigation growing, but all the agencies are from Clay County? BUT they don't think any other possible victims are from the area?

Timothy Haslett, Jr. is charged with rape, kidnapping and second-degree assault. His arraignment is set in Clay County for 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The Excelsior Springs Police Department announced Monday afternoon it has activated the Clay County Investigative Squad Task Force, a group described as “a multi-jurisdictional entity comprised of members from multiple municipal law enforcement organizations within Clay County.”

To dispel any rumors of Haslett’s alleged victims being missing women from Kansas City, the police department also said law enforcement agencies across the area have confirmed there are no current missing person reports corresponding with evidence examined in the Excelsior Springs investigation, thus far.

The key words for me are the very last two. "Thus far".

That includes the Missouri Highway Patrol, and all its resources.

jmho ymmv lrr

It wasn't just Clay County law enforcement there. There was also KCMO Vice and Narcotics in plain clothes among many others. They are all working together. Homeland security was probably even there because of the human trafficking.

Kansas City, Kansas also has a huge presence of street prostitution, I don't know why he would choose to leave them alone. If that's the case, he crossed the Missouri/Kansas state line.

The people in the community need to have a safe and private way to make an official missing persons report. Everyone in that area is afraid to have police at their door or to go into the station. The gang and gun problem is so bad that they'll come shoot up your house with an AK47 and kill your family. So the family's are afraid and I can guarantee the pimps aren't going to file a report. These girls really are alone besides a coworker that probably doesn't even know their real name. It's a dangerous way to live and the girls know that but can't seem to break away.

From your link:

"To dispel any rumors of Haslett’s alleged victims being missing women from Kansas City, the police department also said law enforcement agencies across the area have confirmed there are no current missing person reports corresponding with evidence examined in the Excelsior Springs investigation, thus far."

AFAIK TH's victim wasn't reported missing either.

It wasn't just Clay County law enforcement there. There was also KCMO Vice and Narcotics in plain clothes among many others. They are all working together. Homeland security was probably even there because of the human trafficking.

Kansas City, Kansas also has a huge presence of street prostitution, I don't know why he would choose to leave them alone. If that's the case, he crossed the Missouri/Kansas state line.

The people in the community need to have a safe and private way to make an official missing persons report. Everyone in that area is afraid to have police at their door or to go into the station. The gang and gun problem is so bad that they'll come shoot up your house with an AK47 and kill your family. So the family's are afraid and I can guarantee the pimps aren't going to file a report. These girls really are alone besides a coworker that probably doesn't even know their real name. It's a dangerous way to live and the girls know that but can't seem to break away.
Yes! The "less dead":

less dead

a murder victim who is from a marginalized group of people who are viewed as having lacking prestige or power and generally come from lower socioeconomic groups
victims of serial killer willie pickton were seemed as less dead as they were sex workers so their disappearances were viewed as normal.

bolded by me

This sounds to me like confirmation there are other bodies. If there weren't, they wouldn't have anything to match with.

I’m unsure if this article has already been posted as I’m a few pages behind.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Wow that made my stomach flip. Please, let him NEVER see freedom again!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back