MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the Victim in this case declared that her friends were killed and police do not pursue the names locations and status of these potential victims I'm going to start questioning the police departments competency to continue this investigation.

If the Victim in this case declared that her friends were killed and police do not pursue the names locations and status of these potential victims I'm going to start questioning the police departments competency to continue this investigation.
I don't understand how the victim could not give substantial leads to investigators regarding her two friends that she states didn't make it. Names, physical description, age, where they were from etc. I understand that LE has not found other victims at the residence but hopefully something is happening quietly behind the scenes.

I don't understand how the victim could not give substantial leads to investigators regarding her two friends that she states didn't make it. Names, physical description, age, where they were from etc. I understand that LE has not found other victims at the residence but hopefully something is happening quietly behind the scenes.
It's possible that the victim is referring to "her friends that didn't make it" literally or she could have endured several weeks of torture while he repeatedly threatened her with "your two friends didn't make it" meaning other similar victims that came before her. So she may not have further details other than he kept telling her that.
My opinion and speculation only.

It's possible that the victim is referring to "her friends that didn't make it" literally or she could have endured several weeks of torture while he repeatedly threatened her with "your two friends didn't make it" meaning other similar victims that came before her. So she may not have further details other than he kept telling her that.
Good point, that could have happened.

I agree, BUT it's not uncommon for people living on the streets and/or engaging in things like sex work to use various aliases, which makes things harder.

This part makes it seem more direct that she provided more information. I’m surprised we haven’t heard more about them, especially with the claims of a serial killer in the area.

“According to authorities and media reports, T.J. said that Haslett had also kidnapped and killed her two friends,”

This case reminds me of the Shawn Grate case in Ohio, and we have a thread for it here. A woman escaped whilst Shawn was sleeping, after Shawn had been keeping her in the house for a period of time. They found remains on the property and he has since admitted to other murders. OH - Shawn Michael GRATE: 3 bodies found, Ashland/Madison, Sept 2016

@SarahPlakeTV

Tim Haslett has a public defender now and will be in court Oct 18 for a bond reduction hearing.

1:23 PM · Oct 17, 2022 from Kansas City, MO

@SarahPlakeTV

Replying to
@SarahPlakeTV
Hearing postponed to nov 8.

@SarahPlakeTV

I got clarification on the news release from Excels. Springs PD. They said the victim was not on any missing persons list in Kansas City. I’m not sure if anyone *tried* to report her missing. PD also said no other missing people have been linked to the case at this point.
@KSHB41

BBM tomorrow's bond hearing is postponed for three weeks. Any ideas why that might happen?
Does any one know what happened if with this bond hearing?? Or how to find it???
There seems to be a distinct lack of media coverage in this case ….

Does any one know what happened if with this bond hearing?? Or how to find it???
There seems to be a distinct lack of media coverage in this case ….
Oh I had forgotten the bond hearing has been rescheduled …

Haslett, 39, appeared in court Tuesday but failed to post bond – instead moving to reschedule his bond reduction hearing for Nov. 8.

My apologies …

This case reminds me of the Shawn Grate case in Ohio, and we have a thread for it here. A woman escaped whilst Shawn was sleeping, after Shawn had been keeping her in the house for a period of time. They found remains on the property and he has since admitted to other murders. OH - Shawn Michael GRATE: 3 bodies found, Ashland/Madison, Sept 2016
And Ariel Castro. These are by far the scariest cases for me to think about. The thought of being killed right away I can handle. But being held captive?

Excelsior Springs PD is investigating the two other potential victims.

“Previously, Excelsior Springs Police had said officially it had no knowledge of any more victims.

But a spokesman has now told DailyMail.com exclusively: 'We are taking this accusation of two more women victims seriously and are actively investigating it.' “

I wish. Too blonde and wrong accent. Doesn’t sound as cool when I say “top dead center”
Thank you subaw0067 for taking my comment in good humor, in which it was intended.
That's a favorite movie, and I met Marissa Tomei and her mother once - she was genuinely very nice.
If you are as good as her, you are the best!

Excelsior Springs PD is investigating the two other potential victims.

“Previously, Excelsior Springs Police had said officially it had no knowledge of any more victims.

But a spokesman has now told DailyMail.com exclusively: 'We are taking this accusation of two more women victims seriously and are actively investigating it.' “

Interesting new details at your link including a photo I had not seen elsewhere. A heart condition? Have we heard that before. And I don't know what to make of him moving his car every Friday night.

Interesting new details at your link including a photo I had not seen elsewhere. A heart condition? Have we heard that before. And I don't know what to make of him moving his car every Friday night.
The only reason I would move my car from our driveway on a weekend would be if I were making space for someone else to park there. Maybe there were visitors during the week? That info is so strange.

The only reason I would move my car from our driveway on a weekend would be if I were making space for someone else to park there. Maybe there were visitors during the week? That info is so strange.
In his case, I'm guessing it was extra buffer to tamp down the noises coming from the garage when he was in there "doing what he did in there". From previous posts about his gruffness, unfriendliness, loner, etc... I highly doubt he'd care if he took someone's parking spot over the weekend. He just doesn't seem the type IMHO.

Which leads me to ask.... which days did he have his son? I know for sure it was one weekday because the victim used him taking his son to school as her chance to escape. Did he have his son weekdays for school, and the mother had him on weekends? I can't imagine his son split up his time between 2 schools but that's MOO.

In his case, I'm guessing it was extra buffer to tamp down the noises coming from the garage when he was in there "doing what he did in there". From previous posts about his gruffness, unfriendliness, loner, etc... I highly doubt he'd care if he took someone's parking spot over the weekend. He just doesn't seem the type IMHO.

Which leads me to ask.... which days did he have his son? I know for sure it was one weekday because the victim used him taking his son to school as her chance to escape. Did he have his son weekdays for school, and the mother had him on weekends? I can't imagine his son split up his time between 2 schools but that's MOO.
One source said that his son had been with him the entire week before he was arrested and that he had recently been granted primary custody.

Agree about the likelihood he was using the vehicle to dampen noise and would add it would also block the view if he was opening the garage a bit or going in and out that part of the house and not wanting to be seen in full view. But on the other hand, he was apparently unemployed it's not like he would only have the weekends. Curious.

One source said that his son had been with him the entire week before he was arrested and that he had recently been granted primary custody.

Agree about the likelihood he was using the vehicle to dampen noise and would add it would also block the view if he was opening the garage a bit or going in and out that part of the house and not wanting to be seen in full view. But on the other hand, he was apparently unemployed it's not like he would only have the weekends. Curious.
My thinking was less about him and more about his son. School is Mon-Fri. Hence me thinking he didn't do "stuff" in the basement Mon-Fri, which is why he moved his truck to block the basement Fri night, then moved his truck back to the street on Monday. Perhaps that's when his son was with his mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back