Moorers' Bond Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if TM has the financial means to get a bond and SM does not.

Is the house where they lived in her or her family's name? And not in her and SM's names like most married couples? I know I read that the land was owned by her father. Anyone sleuthed their property tax records?

If TM's family is able and willing to post bond for her, why wouldn't SM's family do the same for him if they have the means?

Is there a new bond hearing date? It shouldn't matter if they have the money...should either of them be on the streets? Not if there is solid evidence they murdered Heather. People should think about their kids, families and possible health issues before they commit violent crimes...jmo

I was wondering about life insurance left from father to mother being used for TM defense???

I think the same evidence of TM wanting to buy land in Florida will keep her jail. No matter what other factors there may be with her "physical state".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TM's alleged "physical state" is not a reason for bond, women are in that "state" in prison regularly. There are nearby hospitals in GT, as well as MB. I can not see that reason being the one they let her have bond.

I, too, have wondered if the Caison's money situation didn't get significantly better once TM's father passed.

Anyone know timeframes for receiving life insurance money after a death? I've only been involved in one life insurance claim ever - and I believe it was paid out within 30 days. It took longer for any investment accounts owned - or retirement death benefits, etc.

I, too, have wondered if the Caison's money situation didn't get significantly better once TM's father passed.

Anyone know timeframes for receiving life insurance money after a death? I've only been involved in one life insurance claim ever - and I believe it was paid out within 30 days. It took longer for any investment accounts owned - or retirement death benefits, etc.

There is a certain amount of time the insurance companies have to pay after a claim is filed. It isn't long, but I don't quite remember what it is. After my dad died it was a matter of days after I filed the claim to each insurance company. After a certain amount of time the insurance companies have to pay interest on the money and they sure don't want to pay up more money than they have to. So if the claim was filed soon after his death, imo the insurance company already paid. Unless, of course, there was a question on the manner of death and the policy didn't cover it (such as suicide, etc, but that's not the case here far as I know).

ETA the claimant must first wait to get copies of the death certificate and most insurance companies want a copy that includes the cause of death. But that takes about one week, maybe two, to get as long as the death is natural.

At the first bond hearing, the prosecution argued that the Moorers should not be released, because of their lives would be in danger. They were basically saying that if they are let out, the county will have to put a lot of resources into making sure nothing happens.

This is why, I predict, that sometime before the next bond hearing, *something* will "happen" to show that rage is still high in this case. IDK what it will be. But I do think there will be another incident sometime between now and the hearing. Another possible motive would be to get the rage/interest going again, for if Tammy is released. Any day now...

At the first bond hearing, the prosecution argued that the Moorers should not be released, because of their lives would be in danger. They were basically saying that if they are let out, the county will have to put a lot of resources into making sure nothing happens.

This is why, I predict, that sometime before the next bond hearing, *something* will "happen" to show that rage is still high in this case. IDK what it will be. But I do think there will be another incident sometime between now and the hearing. Another possible motive would be to get the rage/interest going again, for if Tammy is released. Any day now...

eileenhawkeye, I unfortunately agree. This whole trend toward vigilanti justice has become completely unnerving. When did it become okay for people to just start shooting at each other-over anything? This is a murder, and tensions are high. But if the courts and laws don't start doing something, to at the very least punish people who shoot bc of radios or someone cutting them off, whatever tiny infraction...I am just-afraid!

Tammy Moorer has been moved back to J. Reuben Long Detention Center. She has been back at the county jail since her March 17 bond hearing.

For "safety and security reasons," Tammy Moorer was moved from J. Reuben Long to the Georgetown County Detention Center in the days following her arrest Feb. 21.

At an initial bond hearing Feb. 22, an Horry County magistrate previously set bond at $20,000 for the obstruction of justice and exposure charges filed against the Moorers. Tammy Moorer posted bond for the lesser charges that day. If bond is set on the murder and kidnapping charges at the May 23 hearing, she could be set free once the bond amount is posted.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_222fd43a-dc2e-11e3-aee6-0017a43b2370.html

Tammy Moorer has been moved back to J. Reuben Long Detention Center. She has been back at the county jail since her March 17 bond hearing.

For "safety and security reasons," Tammy Moorer was moved from J. Reuben Long to the Georgetown County Detention Center in the days following her arrest Feb. 21.

At an initial bond hearing Feb. 22, an Horry County magistrate previously set bond at $20,000 for the obstruction of justice and exposure charges filed against the Moorers. Tammy Moorer posted bond for the lesser charges that day. If bond is set on the murder and kidnapping charges at the May 23 hearing, she could be set free once the bond amount is posted.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_222fd43a-dc2e-11e3-aee6-0017a43b2370.html
I'm going to say something that may be out of line. It occurs to me that TM asked for a new bond hearing after her father died, which could mean that before his death, she knew she would not have enough money for any bond for the murder charge (because even the minimum would be too high). If he left her money when he died (or left the money to her mother and she is willing to part with it), she might possibly have enough for anything but the most outrageous amount now.

This is way off the wall, but could the bond hearing for T.M. be for a financial hardship looking to be refunded monies from the initial charges prior to being held on GJ ind. for murder? SM did not post bond for the lesser charges.

Counting down the hours until TM's bond hearing on Friday...

Counting down the hours until TM's bond hearing on Friday...

Me too.. This week is dragging.

Just curious, Is this going to be like the other hearing in which it is pretty much one-sided? As in, we only hear from the defense since they requested it? or Will the prosecution try to refute with more reasoning not to grant bail?

I sure hope someone is going so we can get accurate details.

Tammy has another bond hearing--on May 23. I wonder if the prosecution might produce dna report on remains in trash bag found near DeLand, FL. IF, that is, those remains have been determined to be Heather's. That we don't know yet--at least I have not heard.

the bond hearing is tomorrow? I've been having trouble keeping up since Heather's thread went from a thread to it's own forum...for some reason I was thinking it was in June...Holy Cow!

I think Tammy's lawyer may argue that:
1) Since her father passed away, her mother is alone and needs her...as do her kids. (Which I believe is absolutely true, regardless of what she's done).
2) That Tammy, on her own, sans Sidney, has no place to run, no place to go to, i.e. she would not desert her beloved husband in prison so is not a flight risk.
3) That Sidney was the primary target of all the threats that caused them to call the police many many times, so with him in prison, and Tammy not a target, everything should be fine.

I think that may be the reason that Sidney hasn't also asked to be granted bond. He stays in if it means she can get out.

I guess we'll find out (hopefully) tomorrow...but who knows with this gag order.

the bond hearing is tomorrow? I've been having trouble keeping up since Heather's thread went from a thread to it's own forum...for some reason I was thinking it was in June...Holy Cow!

1) Since her father passed away, her mother is alone and needs her...as do her kids. (Which I believe is absolutely true, regardless of what she's done).
2) That Tammy, on her own, sans Sidney, has no place to run, no place to go to, i.e. she would not desert her beloved husband in prison so is not a flight risk.
3) That Sidney was the primary target of all the threats that caused them to call the police many many times, so with him in prison, and Tammy not a target, everything should be fine.

I think that may be the reason that Sidney hasn't also asked to be granted bond. He stays in if it means she can get out.

I guess we'll find out (hopefully) tomorrow...but who knows with this gag order.

I believe the hearing is Friday morning ... Are any locals going?

BBM: That made me laugh...:floorlaugh:

It looks like it's tomorrow morning at 9.30, according to some of the FB pages related to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic