More Misty Jailhouse Video Calls Released during March 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ok debs - I get it - but when I refer to my DD its more like "sissy" - I do have a DS so she has been sissy to him. Its not so much the word she uses - its her tone too. Just strikes me as very non-parental - KWIM?

Southern people are notorious for nicknaming family members or friends. Lots of guys are nicknamed "Bubba" or "Buddy" and girls are "Sis" or "Sissy." My dad always called my sister "Sis", she was the oldest, and I was "Baby" being the youngest. Funny though... my mother always called us by our names, not nicknames.
Lisa C. just strikes me as one of those moms who leave the discipline up to Dad, and tends to baby her kids. I've known lots of mothers like that. I believe she was pretty young when she had them, so she might not have developed many mother skills.

I had an aunt (in GA) that called all females "sister". I now do this, as I can no longer remember anyone's name. LOL

Southern people are notorious for nicknaming family members or friends. Lots of guys are nicknamed "Bubba" or "Buddy" and girls are "Sis" or "Sissy." My dad always called my sister "Sis", she was the oldest, and I was "Baby" being the youngest. Funny though... my mother always called us by our names, not nicknames.
Lisa C. just strikes me as one of those moms who leave the discipline up to Dad, and tends to baby her kids. I've known lots of mothers like that. I believe she was pretty young when she had them, so she might not have developed many mother skills.

And as we all know, NO ONE puts baby in the corner!!! <3

That's funny! I'm from NC and I called my oldest daughter "Sissy" and I now call both my grandsons "Bud." Such as telling my youngest daughter, go get your Sissy, tell your Sissy goodnight, etc. Now, I say, good job Bud! Hey, Bud, etc. I used/use these little nicknames as a form of affection that wouldn't embarrass them in front of their friends. I still call my youngest daughter "baby girl" and she is 36 years old.
Good job on calling that one, TxLady!

I think Misty has already talked, but has no idea where Haleigh's body was taken. Why do you think LE wants Misty to take another LDT? She has to be telling something new, or why bother? Without a body, or at least have Ronald on tape talking about what happened that night, they don't have concrete proof. It would be compelling evidence, but it could also be her word against his. Right now, everybody thinks she is the guilty party. She needs to keep Ronald close, and hope she can get him to say something to incriminate himself. I think what she is saying on the jail house tapes are to set the stage for when she and Ronald are back together. That's the reason I think they will all be out on bond before much longer. This what I think is going on, or it could just be wishful thinking.

Me too I think she has talked eventhough she may not know who took Haleigh, where they took her or how they disposed of her body...But IMHO.. IF they are both let out of jail her best bet would be to stay as far away from Ron C and his family as possible, and she needs to be in a witness protection program..JMO

Me too I think she has talked eventhough she may not know who took Haleigh, where they took her or how they disposed of her body...But IMHO.. IF they are both let out of jail her best bet would be to stay as far away from Ron C and his family as possible, and she needs to be in a witness protection program..JMO

She will NEVER manage that.

And in your eyes...

Rolling eyes
It could mean: She's trying to be funny.
But it might mean: She is frustrated, doesn't like you, or doesn't respect you.
What the experts say: "Eye rolling is one of the nonverbal signs that is pretty much always aggressive," says executive coach Steve Watts. He recommends politely confronting the eye-roller, asking, "Do you disagree?" to get negative feelings out in the open.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/06/12/body.language/index.html

In the first video Misty rolls her eyes when she says I know I cry, I prayed.

In the second tape Misty rolls her eyes after she tells her Mom she still loves Ronald and right after her mom says I know you do.

I think Misty's eye rolls are "Yeah Right"

I think when you are released on bond you are told to stay away from co-conspirators or your bond can/will be revoked. Seems like I remember Misty saying when she got out, she would not do drugs, and she would stay with her Mom and Dad and be "good." I think this would be a good excuse to stay away from Ronald without appearing to have turned against him. Ronald would still find a way to get to Misty if for no other reason than to warn her to keep her mouth shut. I don't know.....

ITA! If it was my daughter in that video (God forbid), I'd have been all "I told you so" and "A fat lot of good love has done to any of you"

The other guy he mentions, her first love, is he the one she posed in the Imikimi pictures with? If Ronald really was the one that was true love, I doubt she'd think to mention some passing teenage infatuation.

But, I guess it feels better to be in jail because of true love than because a temporary husband had your life all screwed up.

Ronald was "The One".... "Oh mama, the whole time I was *bleeping* WBG I was picturing him as Ronald." :nluv:

Mama Croslin: "Yawl connected right then and there at the elementary school bus stop, how romantic!!" :D

That's funny! I'm from NC and I called my oldest daughter "Sissy" and I now call both my grandsons "Bud." Such as telling my youngest daughter, go get your Sissy, tell your Sissy goodnight, etc. Now, I say, good job Bud! Hey, Bud, etc. I used/use these little nicknames as a form of affection that wouldn't embarrass them in front of their friends. I still call my youngest daughter "baby girl" and she is 36 years old.

I do call my kids "brother" and "sister", but only when they're in each others' presence: "Now go tell Brother you're sorry."
"Aw wasn't that nice of Sister!"

From me they get Sweetie, Baby, Dumplin, and then they've got their own individual nicknames. I attempt to refrain from using them in front of their friends (if they're lucky). Full names get yelled when they're in trouble. :crazy:

You could be right but if she values her life it would be a wise decision...JMO

Prison is likely the only thing that will save Misty's life. The lifestyle she was leading (not just with the Cummings) she was headed for an early death.

I think Misty has already talked, but has no idea where Haleigh's body was taken. Why do you think LE wants Misty to take another LDT? She has to be telling something new, or why bother? Without a body, or at least have Ronald on tape talking about what happened that night, they don't have concrete proof. It would be compelling evidence, but it could also be her word against his. Right now, everybody thinks she is the guilty party. She needs to keep Ronald close, and hope she can get him to say something to incriminate himself. I think what she is saying on the jail house tapes are to set the stage for when she and Ronald are back together. That's the reason I think they will all be out on bond before much longer. This what I think is going on, or it could just be wishful thinking.

Please don't burst my bubble and tell me they all will be out on bond soon. I'm not ready for that. It gives me great satisfaction that they are all locked up and unable to communicate with each other.

Please don't burst my bubble and tell me they all will be out on bond soon. I'm not ready for that. It gives me great satisfaction that they are all locked up and unable to communicate with each other.

I like seeing them locked up too, BUT if one was able to get out it might stir some things up. Could make the ones still in feel resentful, not to mention nervous. Pit those fools against one another!

I just luvved Urban Cowboy, and Sissy & Bud. :)

We never used Sissy or Bud or Bubba in my family, but I did go to school with a Sissy and a Bubba. My in-laws [who are most def not Southern] sometimes call each other "Sister" and "Brother" instead of using their names. Seems odd to me, but I guess it's not unusual.

eta - Snooks, are you boating this evening? ;)

Keep in mind, even if Misty tells all she knows, whoever it involves.. they still have to have some proof to back it up. Same with Ronald, if he confessed, they still need proof. Just a confession alone won't be enough to bring charges.
Hypnosis, LDT's, LVA's... none of that stuff would hold up in court. They still need evidence to tie that person to the crime.
Misty needs to understand that she is going to be in prison for a long time. It doesn't help for her family to be letting her believe she can get out and stay out. She is going to do time for all these drug charges. I don't know if her lawyer has tried to tell her that, or if she just doesn't listen... but if she thinks jail is not much fun... she's in for a shock when she gets to prison.

Keep in mind, even if Misty tells all she knows, whoever it involves.. they still have to have some proof to back it up. Same with Ronald, if he confessed, they still need proof. Just a confession alone won't be enough to bring charges.
Hypnosis, LDT's, LVA's... none of that stuff would hold up in court. They still need evidence to tie that person to the crime.
Misty needs to understand that she is going to be in prison for a long time. It doesn't help for her family to be letting her believe she can get out and stay out. She is going to do time for all these drug charges. I don't know if her lawyer has tried to tell her that, or if she just doesn't listen... but if she thinks jail is not much fun... she's in for a shock when she gets to prison.

IIRC [and it's possible I do not], Misty said her lawyer, Robbie, and the detectives came to see her at the jail. Together.

This is where all the initial statements come into play and all the things they have said since can be used as evidence.

All of them have lied and if one comes clean their story can explain the lies the police have already detected in others stories.

This is where all the initial statements come into play and all the things they have said since can be used as evidence.

All of them have lied and if one comes clean their story can explain the lies the police have already detected in others stories.

And a good defense attorney will have a ball with all the lies and liars.

I can fully understand why LE would need another LDT for Misty if she has volunteered information about what happened the night that Haleigh disappeared. She could easily just lie. LE has to at least have some indication that what she is giving up is the truth so that they can investigate for evidence. I know that the LDT isn't used in court as evidence but the results could be used in the investigative process. I wish all of the Cummings family and Misty's family would take a LDT.

Last week's video suggested she was done with rc...well, while I knew that could be a lie, I was hoping she was telling the truth....lol...I need serious help!

Ohhhhhhh, I keep waiting for Misty to get that "woman scorned" attitude but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back