Mother preparing to be arrested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just because this was his first night shift doesn't mean it was his first night out of the house. He could have had late nights out with his friends-- bars, concerts, sports games, etc. I am going to assume that he knew D's habits in regards to lights in the home at night.

I might add with a baby in the house, there probably were many times the lights were on at night. I find it interesting he was alerted because the lights were on.

It is my understanding that almost every single light was on and everyone seemed to be asleep. So, I guess that would be sort of weird-it wasn't just one bedroom light and the porch light or something. I would find it eerie to come home to a still, sleeping house with every single light on as well.

If I came home to such a situation and I knew there was a baby with a cold my first thought would probably be, oh no, did the baby get sicker, did they have to go to ER or something. I think I would have checked on the baby first, not last.

I think it strange there is not a constant search for this child. While I don't believe parents should be searching (what if they FOUND something), wouldn't others be compelled to search?

I thought LE abandoned both the Amber Alert and the search command post rather quickly. To me, that says that they know a whole lot more than what they are telling us--and it's not good.
Add to that the fact that the FBI website does not have Lisa listed as a kidnapping, and then it really doesn't look good. I snipped this little tidbit from the FBI's website (emphasis mine):
All reports of circumstances indicating that a minor has or possibly has been abducted are afforded an immediate preliminary inquiry.
In this initial inquiry, we evaluate all evidence, circumstances, and information to determine if an investigation is warranted under federal law. (For instance, it is a federal violation for a person to travel between states to engage in any sexual act with a person under 18.) If a case is warranted, we will immediately open an investigation in partnership with state and local authorities.

http://www2.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/kidnap.htm

BBM

This is something I have been wondering all along. So many times in missing people cases, there are searches of the community. Volunteers are requested, etc. There hasn't been anything like that in this case. I think it's very strange.

I guess because the baby not being ambulatory has been removed by an adult, there is no reason to beat the bushes in the area because whoever removed her has had ample time to either dispose of her or passed her on to whomever. I do find it strangely similar to Haliegh Cummings though for example all lights on child whisked away while mother/stepmother supposedly slept.

I think it very strange that person or persons unknown try to break in through the window before finding the door open, walk through the occupied home turning on all the lights, and then steal cell phones and the baby traipsing out through the front door and closing it after them....doesn't pass the smell test to me. I would also imagine any baby woken out of a sound sleep by strangers would be yelling its head off.

I think that mommy knows more than she is telling. JMO

I have followed this story very loosely until yesterday.

I read an article that the family said Lisa was last seen in purple shorts and a purple t-shirt with kittens on it. Were they pajamas? I would think the baby would have been put to bed in pajamas. What was the weather like that night, was it supposed to be cold? hot?

I read an article that the family said Lisa was last seen in purple shorts and a purple t-shirt with kittens on it. Were they pajamas? I would think the baby would have been put to bed in pajamas. What was the weather like that night, was it supposed to be cold? hot?

Hi

86°F

Lo

57°F

BBM

This is something I have been wondering all along. So many times in missing people cases, there are searches of the community. Volunteers are requested, etc. There hasn't been anything like that in this case. I think it's very strange.
I can only answer about searching the immediate area. We have all been politely asked to please not go out so things would not be destroyed. Believe me there were plenty of neighbors willing and able to scour the woods. They have A LOT of LE in those woods also. I mean a lot. They have very nicely came by asking neighbors several times over asking if there might be anything else we might have thought about and want to share. They seem very willing to listen and learn.

I think it strange there is not a constant search for this child. While I don't believe parents should be searching (what if they FOUND something), wouldn't others be compelled to search?
They (LE) are constantly searching. You only see what the media reports.

I can only answer about searching the immediate area. We have all been politely asked to please not go out so things would not be destroyed. Believe me there were plenty of neighbors willing and able to scour the woods. They have A LOT of LE in those woods also. I mean a lot. They have very nicely came by asking neighbors several times over asking if there might be anything else we might have thought about and want to share. They seem very willing to listen and learn.

I'm so glad to hear this. I can understand why people believe that they might suffer from tunnel vision, but from this post it seems like they are being open-minded and really acting like public servants.:twocents:

If I came home to such a situation and I knew there was a baby with a cold my first thought would probably be, oh no, did the baby get sicker, did they have to go to ER or something. I think I would have checked on the baby first, not last.

Having a mild cold is just not a serious illness in a normal, healthy 10 month old baby. There was no reason for him to be concerned about anything like that.

Plus...surely Debbie would've called him if she was going to the ER with a seriously ill child.

Initially there were pages and pages of debate about the clothes she was wearing. We don't know that she wasn't wearing pajamas. Some pajamas come with both shorts and long pants.

It's not really important what children wear to bed as long as it is clean and comfortable. There were many Moms on WS who posted that they don't put their kids to bed in traditional children's sleepwear. My babies often just wore a t-shirt and a diaper. In the winter when they were a little older they wore sweatsuits on really cold nights because they didn't like to cover up.

The pajamas (or not) really is a non-issue in the case IMHO.

LE doesn't ask for information to establish some form of timeline or discover a potential lead because they simply want to waste valuable time. They do it because the answers to their questions may just help in searching for a mother's lost child.

Would something as simple as going to a grocery store on the day my child disappeared slip my mind while the investigators are digging through the last hours of my daily activities to search for clues? NO, NO, NO, and NO. Not when my child is missing.

We don't know that she didn't tell LE about going to the store.

They (LE) are constantly searching. You only see what the media reports.

Thank you so much for giving us an objective overview of what is really happening in your neck o' the woods. I appreciate the time you've put into patiently answering our questions. Believe me I know it's not easy when your neighborhood or town is in the national media spotlight.

Many thanks again, and many wishes that you and your neighbors have a happy resolution to this case. :seeya:

Actually, thinking about it logically makes a lot of sense. I am quite sure there have been cases where the community has searched and has messed up evidence, even cases where the perp has strewn evidence when searching, etc. Also, the way LE is handling this is proper protocol. Only LE knows where they are searching the next day and no one knows this location, which is a good thing.

Actually, thinking about it logically makes a lot of sense. I am quite sure there have been cases where the community has searched and has messed up evidence, even cases where the perp has strewn evidence when searching, etc. Also, the way LE is handling this is proper protocol. Only LE knows where they are searching the next day and no one knows this location, which is a good thing.
I have absolutely no complaints the way LE has been around here. I really don't see anything that they could be doing different. Yes, there is A LOT more going on around here that we are asked not to share an I appreciate it from them. Now the media...that's a WHOLE different story. So many of them have been so rude and arrogant around here and everybody is ready for them to go away and let LE do their job. They don't seem to care if they are clogging up the streets, walking out in front of cars, flogging their cigarette butts in yards.......there's more.

I have absolutely no complaints the way LE has been around here. I really don't see anything that they could be doing different. Yes, there is A LOT more going on around here that we are asked not to share an I appreciate it from them. Now the media...that's a WHOLE different story. So many of them have been so rude and arrogant around here and everybody is ready for them to go away and let LE do their job. They don't seem to care if they are clogging up the streets, walking out in front of cars, flogging their cigarette butts in yards.......there's more.

I bet it's like a madhouse around there. In some ways, it's good as it's keeping Baby Lisa's name in the media, but yet I can understand how much of a hindrance the media must be. Hopefully there will be a resolution to this case soon and life can go back to some sort of normality.

I give thumbs up to your LE as they seem to be investigating thoroughly!

Your insight into this case is much appreciated :)

Being proactive can be a productive way to get through a stressful time.
The parents should be doing something imo whether it's searching, handing out fliers,etc.

imo

I'd be searching, handing out flyers etc.....

I'd be searching, handing out flyers etc.....

Me too. I don't think I could just sit looking at the clock. I think I'd go house to house, talking with my neighbors asking if they knew or saw anything.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u3499
Back