Motions Hearing - Fri., Jan. 30, 2009 @8:30 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether that is relevant or not does not make it part of discovery or something the court can order TES to turn over to JB. JB has made NO attempts to get that information, interview people, ask Tim for details on searched areas. He leapt right over that and asked for the court to order all of Tim's records. He has no legal grounds to do it that way and there is no statute for the judge to order it. JB is going to have to go interview some people and he is not going to be able to supboena those records just cause he wants them. It doesn't work that way.

I'm sorry but this simply isn't true. I heard Tim Miller say in interview that he flat out refused and would file a motion. I also heard in court today, NJ angry because Baez had contacted his client directly instead of going through him.

Yes, Casey will stay in jail until the trial (and hopefully forever). And if there is a hung jury or something she will stay in jail until a new trial comes up. There is no bail in FL for murder 1.

Yes, there is a thread with theorys of what happened to Caylee here. It should be in the first few pages. Welcome to the forum.

Hi, I'm new here but have been lurking for a while. I have two ot questions:
1. How long can they keep KC in jail? Does she stay there until the trial even if it's a year from now?
2. Is there a thread some where with people theorys about what they think really happend to Caylee?

Did anyone notice if Caylee's name was even mentioned in the hearing today?

I wonder why Cindy was not in the courtroom? I think its because JB told her not to come but I think JB is wrong. It would help Casey alot more if it looked like her family supported her. They should all go to all hearings that KC is at if they want to help her case.

There were not in the courtroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4GS4rTUZk

at the 44 seconds mark, give or take. While Mark Nejame is addressing the court about the TES searches.
:furious::furious::furious:

OMG, that interplay with the pens shows me that She is still the Boss!! & I feel JB is coddling her, saying, how good everything will be, for his own self-serving time in the spotlight:furious:

This is just plain nauseating!:waitasec: WTH is Wrong with this woman:confused:

The Federal law I was refering to can be found with Baden's statment, along with some case numbers supporting what she was saying. Oh, and for those saying she was just rattling on and on, she is supposed to site law and case numbers. Otherwise the judge can just ignore it as lacking merit.

Baez may only need the maps, times and dates. Tim has said he refused to give him anything. If he needed the info for the searchers for a specific time, that is reasonable, if it is part of the discovery and evidence that is relevant to this case. I would have nothing to hide as a volunteer and can't understand what the problem is. But, even if the volunteer object, a fair defense has the right to ALL relevant information. I don't think the name is so private it should be withheld if they searched that area.

No, Henry L searched the car trunk. Another thing that seems strange is that a bag was missing from the box when he wanted to inspect. I'm sure we'll hear more about that.

Bolded by me....

The people that volunteered to help search with TES have a right to remain anonymous. The defense would twist & turn the information on a private citizen into a witch hunt. By the time all was said and done, the defense would be accusing a private citizen of "planting" the remains at the crime scene!

:furious::furious::furious:

OMG, that interplay with the pens shows me that She is still the Boss!! & I feel JB is coddling her, saying, how good everything will be, for his own self-serving time in the spotlight:furious:

This is just plain nauseating!:waitasec: WTH is Wrong with this woman:confused:

That interplay made me sick too. Not for the same reason though, it seems as if JB enjoyed the little interchange. I am over 60 and I don't ever remember a case where a defense attorney acted so unprofessionally with a client. IMO

Bolded by me....

The people that volunteered to help search with TES have a right to remain anonymous. The defense would twist & turn the information on a private citizen into a witch hunt. By the time all was said and done, the defense would be accusing a private citizen of "planting" the remains at the crime scene!

I certainily hope Baez is above such low tactics. I have seen no reason to believe he would do that, at this point and certainly wouldn't judge him without cause. How could they expect to remain anonymous if they stepped into public, and met with the search team? The minute you walk out the door you expose yourself to being involved in what ever is going on, especially what you choose to participate in. They shouldn't have any problem with helping justice along. Yes, they are taking the chance that something unfair could happen. There are many people that have spent many years in jail unjustly. Is that what we want? I don't and would be willing to take my chances, in order to do my duty as a citizen and fellow human being. Yes, she is a fellow human being too. In fact, who knows...you and I might both find our mitochondrial DNA is the same as hers, whether tracing back to Eve or Lilith.

Love & Light
Connie

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread updated and to Patty G!

What happened to the other motions which were not addressed? I realize the one motion over the defense witness list was taken care of, but what happened to the others? JG's is one in particular I wanted to hear about and it sounds as if they didn't even bring it up.

That interplay made me sick too. Not for the same reason though, it seems as if JB enjoyed the little interchange. I am over 60 and I don't ever remember a case where a defense attorney acted so unprofessionally with a client. IMO

This was as MN was speaking of TES searching for the remains of Caylee, saying her name, & she is behaving as a schoolgirl throwing a pen, smirking, flirting with Counsel, in the court regarding the MURDER of her daughter:furious::furious:

I'm sorry, this should be in the Rant page, but this ##### defies description, or logic of a Mother. How in God's name does she come off as soooo ABOVE it all without any emotions. This can't be new, her mother condoned & nourished this behavior. I can't help always going back to Cindy, & I hold her responsible for this disgusting display of a human being!

Caylee is in a better place compared to this Madness!:furious::furious:

JMO

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread updated and to Patty G!

What happened to the other motions which were not addressed? I realize the one motion over the defense witness list was taken care of, but what happened to the others? JG's is one in particular I wanted to hear about and it sounds as if they didn't even bring it up.

bold by me

they didn't as far as I"m aware...I was kinda hoping the same...

Kenziema:
She has a right to a speedy trial, and I believe there is a bail of some sort that if someone pays, she could get out until the trial. Then of course if she is convicted, she is back in jail. Can anyone verify that this is true?

And yes there is a theories thread about Caylee .... Part 4
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78053

St3phanie: Her parents were not there.

Also, wanted to add my :twocents:

It is very important how KC looks and what she wears to court, as this is all a part of the defense strategy, of course, and also gives clues into understanding how such a crime could happen to a defenseless child like Caylee. Everyone wants to understand the psychology, the clues of which often lie in the demeanor of a suspect like KC.

:chicken:

Bolded by me....

I have tried not to get caught up in this but I just have to!!!! As a volunteer who searched three days in November I can say without a doubt I DO NOT want my information out there for all to read. It is no ones business, period! I have no skeletons in my closet I'm afraid someone may find out, have only had one traffic ticket in 51 years of driving, no arrest of me or any family member. I joined TES in early October and again had to fill out a volunteer form on site in November. I also had to fill out a more detailed form explaining my background and why I was qualified to be a Team Leader which I was for two days. No one other than TES needs access to my personal information.

Thank goodness for MN and his willingness to stand up for TM and TES Volunteers.:woohoo:

Would someone please explain to me what BC was asking for about the discovery? Something about the wishes of the Anthony's or something? I just didn't get it at all. Would really appreciate if someone would post what he said and what it meant. Thanks in advance!

I certainily hope Baez is above such low tactics. I have seen no reason to believe he would do that, at this point and certainly wouldn't judge him without cause. How could they expect to remain anonymous if they stepped into public, and met with the search team? The minute you walk out the door you expose yourself to being involved in what ever is going on, especially what you choose to participate in. They shouldn't have any problem with helping justice along. Yes, they are taking the chance that something unfair could happen. There are many people that have spent many years in jail unjustly. Is that what we want? I don't and would be willing to take my chances, in order to do my duty as a citizen and fellow human being. Yes, she is a fellow human being too. In fact, who knows...you and I might both find our mitochondrial DNA is the same as hers, whether tracing back to Eve or Lilith.

Love & Light
Connie

I also remember some of these people talking to the press, doesn't cut both ways.

Kenziema:
She has a right to a speedy trial, and I believe there is a bail of some sort that if someone pays, she could get out until the trial. Then of course if she is convicted, she is back in jail. Can anyone verify that this is true?

No... there is no bail on 1st degree murder, which is what she is charged with. And her attorney has waived her right to a speedy trial.

Kenziema:

NO She is in Jail on NO BOND. No one can bail her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop