Motions Hearing - Fri., Jan. 30, 2009 @8:30 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
beginning of post respectfully snipped..

Why would you highly doubt your DNA could be traced back to the same line as hers? Do you have some info about MDNA that I don't yet understand that would back up what you are saying? I can say, I'm greatful 2 of my 7 sons have daughters because I have none and my MTDNA chain would have ended otherwise. But that still doesn't discount that it traces back to a limited number of Eve's, if you agree that the science is sound.

I've been into genealogy lately, and had my mitochondrial DNA traced. As I understand it, and mind you science is NOT my forte, women can trace their DNA back to 7 ancient "mothers". Author Brian Sykes describes them in his book, The Seven Daughters of Eve. I am a member of Haplogroup J, early European Travelers. It's possible we are all distantly related to Casey.

:blowkiss: for all my websleuthing sisters!!!

I am glad I missed today's hearing and heard the recap from our lovely WSers. ;) It was so much easier to read than watch and I didn't have that horrid taste in my mouth afterwards. Thanks, again. :)

Is this mornings court hearing(s) going to be available anywhere online? I wasnt here to watch it live, but I would really really like to see it.

Could someone PM me a link so I dont have to sift through endless pages when I come back? LOL :blowkiss:

Now we are debating MTDNA from Eve?! LOL Sounds like a defense strategy...from the perspective of a defense team grasping at proverbial straws.

I wonder why the Judge or the SA's office failed to mention that JB's defense team was offered full access immediately after they were finished to the dump site which was refused by JB (after their public whining session standing in the street in force with Geraldo days before). I think this should have played a small role in today's motion and should have at least been addressed on the record for later.
So no one has figured out what happened to the motion involving JG's DNA? Did it simply vanish?

I think they probably didn't raise it, because they really have no basis for objecting to his having access to the site, and couldn't argue they shouldn't be allowed access (certainly wouldn't help the SAs at trial if JB can say the SA successfully argued his team should not be allowed access). The Judge has to do what he can to ensure a fair trial, and there was no way he wasn't going to grant them access, no matter what happened before. And I'm not even sure the State would have a say in it....probably a matter for the property owner.

Most judges don't like to see personal attacks on counsel and don't have the time to deal with it. I think Strickland may have even commented on that in this case already?...or am I confused on that?

I wonder how many times we will see KC dragged into court before the trial. I am guessing at this rate, over 30...wow.

I also wonder why he didn't file that motion with the other motions. If he doesn't want to keep dragging her guilty rear into court so she can laugh and giggle and play "pass the pencil" with him for all the world to see, why not combine a bunch of motions together.

I'm guessing almost every week-the paternity motion is only one of the ones he just filed. Another one is so long and convoluted i can't remember it all, but it has to do with wanting EVERYTHING about every person and every lab and expert that has had ANYTHING to do with any evidence. I don't know if I can find it---anybody know where it is?

And this type of behavior may be the reason JB was trying to keep her from attending the hearings. MNJ is speaking about "searching for remains of Caylee"..."the remains of a child"......"the remains of a child (again)".......and Casey playfully tosses her pen onto the paperwork in front of JB and SMILES!!!
I am horrified with this behavior--imagine what a jury will think!!! What can be going on in her head? Unbelievable!!!

It's what's going on in his that's the problem. HE plays along with the pen dropping game. He really does act like a child every time he is near her.

I think they probably didn't raise it, because they really have no basis for objecting to his having access to the site, and couldn't argue they shouldn't be allowed access (certainly wouldn't help the SAs at trial if JB can say the SA successfully argued his team should not be allowed access). The Judge has to do what he can to ensure a fair trial, and there was no way he wasn't going to grant them access, no matter what happened before. And I'm not even sure the State would have a say in it....probably a matter for the property owner.

Most judges don't like to see personal attacks on counsel and don't have the time to deal with it. I think Strickland may have even commented on that in this case already?...or am I confused on that?
I just wanted the Judge to ask JB why they turned down access immediately after the investigation and waited until now to request it. I think it would look bad for the defense to say something like..."We were just blowing smoke and wanting to make the public think we had some right to something we knew we didn't!" kind of response, imo. LOL

I'm guessing almost every week-the paternity motion is only one of the ones he just filed. Another one is so long and convoluted i can't remember it all, but it has to do with wanting EVERYTHING about every person and every lab and expert that has had ANYTHING to do with any evidence. I don't know if I can find it---anybody know where it is?

Oh dear...we shall be seeing all sorts of KC hairdo's...I am surprised he didn't make a motion to be allowed to examine the louvre

I too have had to stay out of this thread for many reasons today. One, I am behind TES 100%!
I DO NOT think that it is fair for Baez to ask TES to turn over anything what so ever. And although I understand others points about the reason he should, let me ask you this? If it is so imperative that Baez has this information on searchers and all there personal information, then why the hell does he not disclose who is paying for the defense of Casey?
Honestly, who's to say that the people responsible for paying for this defense has another motive other than helping this girl out? Who's to say that they are plotting, scheming for something down the line? Now if the defense can scream that a searcher may have moved the body, then who's to say that the state can't suggest that the money source for the defense didn't plant the body or hasn't compromised a crime scene?
If Baez wants full disclosure, then he should follow full disclosure as well.
My opinion may not be popular, but if this comes down to what Tim morally should do, I think he should allow Casey to rot before he even thinks of giving this information over to keep his organization strong. The lives of so many people are being allowed closure because of what this man does, and if Tim had a choice to help Casey, or loose what he built around the death of his own daughter, then I'd say let her fry...:)
JMHO
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you mydailyopinions! Exactly the point I was trying to convey to the other poster that thinks TES should just hand over anything and everything JB requests!

It's what's going on in his that's the problem. HE plays along with the pen dropping game. He really does act like a child every time he is near her.

(Psst...incompetent council appeal here we come...)

Thats OK I'm sure others like me knew exactly what you were saying and would never dream of pointing out such a slight mistake.:blowkiss:

I agree!! I find the people who must do so at every turn very interesting individuals indeed!

I've been into genealogy lately, and had my mitochondrial DNA traced. As I understand it, and mind you science is NOT my forte, women can trace their DNA back to 7 ancient "mothers". Author Brian Sykes describes them in his book, The Seven Daughters of Eve. I am a member of Haplogroup J, early European Travelers. It's possible we are all distantly related to Casey.

Thank you Rebound. I had a feeling, and am more convinced I'm likely sharing her DNA. Was it hard to trace back? How many generations did you have to research? One of my dad's family gave birth to Joseph Smith, of the Morman church. Maybe they trace back to Lilith. :) My mother's side, also European, seems to be farmers, so most likely Abel and Eve are the root. LOL.

If we could all realize our sisterhood (generic brotherhood of man) perhaps we could hold back judgment until we actually are privy to all of the facts.

I just wanted the Judge to ask JB why they turned down access immediately after the investigation and waited until now to request it. I think it would look bad for the defense to say something like..."We were just blowing smoke and wanting to make the public think we had some right to something we knew we didn't!" kind of response, imo. LOL

SS I was hoping the Judge would bring this up too! Of course JB turned down the opportunity to inspect the site after the investigation was completed because there were no cameras around! He had to wait until in the courtroom so he could do his grand stand performance!

I think that the defense is clearly targeting former boyfriends of Casey (cuz other than insanity or the accident defense--which both still point the finger in the direction of KC)...clearly RM and JG are at the top of the smear campaign. JG's father volunteered with TES when they were down there. I think that they want the lists to see if JG or any of her other exes were searching with TES. Maybe they want DNA so that they can "plant" some in the search/ecavation area or if they find DNA that has no identifiable markers claim it somehow belongs to one of her exes.

For humor only:
JB: "Judge. I need the TES list so I can cast suspicion on anyone else than KC. Also, some of her lovers may be on the search list."
Judge: "Subpoena the phonebook then...I have the Orlando white pages in my office."

WOW!! you two sure make it sound interesting maybe I should have mine checked since I can't get any futher back than my great-grandmother and great grandfathers marriage. Can find no records know she is from Georgia and he is from Ireland.

Sorry OT!!!:)

LOL. That may be exactly why he didn't do it...because it would look bad for the defense. He strikes me as the sort of judge who is going to do all he can to ensure she gets a fair trial and he knows his actions may be subject to scrutiny by an Appeals Court one day. He really does want to appear impartial....or so it seems to me. I'm actually really glad for that. I want to see her get a really fair trial. I don't think the SA have to play hard ball, and don't think it's in their best interest to do so, because I think it gives JB things to attack. I think if they present it fairly, she's going away for a very long time.

I think that the defense is clearly targeting former boyfriends of Casey (cuz other than insanity or the accident defense--which both still point the finger in the direction of KC)...clearly RM and JG are at the top of the smear campaign. JG's father volunteered with TES when they were down there. I think that they want the lists to see if JG or any of her other exes were searching with TES. Maybe they want DNA so that they can "plant" some in the search/ecavation area or if they find DNA that has no identifiable markers claim it somehow belongs to one of her exes.

For humor only:
JB: "Judge. I need the TES list so I can cast suspicion on anyone else than KC. Also, some of her lovers may be on the search list."
Judge: "Subpoena the phonebook then...I have the Orlando white pages in my office.":eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela