Motions Hearing - Fri., Jan. 30, 2009 @8:30 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only going by what I heard Tim Miller say. I believe the amount he mentioned is $5000. I don't know where I heard it but here is an article I found with a simple google.

""Why bring us in? Why call us? There are many families that really need our help," Miller said.

Members of the Orange County Sheriff's Office have requested the search team stay.

"The Sheriff of Orange County has given us a check for $5,000, 25 airboats and the entire mounted patrol to continue the search for Caylee," Miller said.
"The sheriff says he wants us to stay until Caylee is found, and we will search the entire county, state and country until we find this little girl so we can give her the dignity and respect she deserves," he continued."Kind Regards,
Connie

Bolded by me...STILL no tomatoes....maybe collecting some of the little grape tomatoes....JK, really!! They state "give her the dignity....etc." - NOT "so we can use it to convict her evil mother on murder charges"....IMO
I also thought Tim was working on the "pings" to make his maps....the same "pings" the public had access to...same ones MANY other independant searchers used....like those Headhunter people, or whatever.

Well, I won't bore you with the astronomical details but he hasn't yet ruled on all of the motions, for one. Next, if I am right and these denials are in violation of the Federal law, that is a big bonus for the defense. Next, I might have misunderstood, but I heard the judge saying the search information is relevant for the defense. Finally, the prosecution must be very nervous that Baez will insist on a speedy trial, even if he can't make that motion because they keep withholding discovery but leaking to the media.

Oh, one more thing, if Henery L so easily found more hair, etc, so much so that the LE went back to check again and found lots more, I think there is a pretty good chance they will find more evidence in that 1/2-1 acre parcel.

How could these denials be in violation of Federal law? I don't think the defense should be given free reign to the records of TES. The defense can subpoena TM to ask if that area was searched. IMO it would be a federal violation of civil rights if TES were required to provide such records with personal information regarding the searchers!

Why would the prosecution be nervous about a speedy trial? I think they are ready to go to trial within the next 3 months. They have all their ducks in a row, so to speak, and have deposed (or will have deposed) all the witnesses. I personally do not think that the prosecution is withholding evidence. I believe the prosecution is holding their "ace" close to the vest to prosecute KC.

Are you saying that HL went back to the area in which Caylee's remains were found? Maybe I misunderstood? Did you mean that HL found more hair in KC's car? Mr. Baez was given the "go ahead" to search the remains area after the FBI and OCSO had left but Baez declined. Now he is wanting to search the area? Why? He had already been given the opportunity!

Another question (I'm sorry I'm obviously law-challenged) why do some lawyers address the judge as "Your Honor", and JB sometimes says "Judge" and other times "Your Honor"?

"Judge" doesn't sound as respectful somehow. Is that OK, etiquette-wise?

I'm only going by what I heard Tim Miller say. I believe the amount he mentioned is $5000. I don't know where I heard it but here is an article I found with a simple google.

""Why bring us in? Why call us? There are many families that really need our help," Miller said.
Members of the Orange County Sheriff's Office have requested the search team stay.

The Sheriff of Orange County has given us a check for $5,000, 25 airboats and the entire mounted patrol to continue the search for Caylee," Miller said.
"The sheriff says he wants us to stay until Caylee is found, and we will search the entire county, state and country until we find this little girl so we can give her the dignity and respect she deserves," he continued."

Kind Regards,
Connie

Bolded by me....IIRC, Tim was directing that statement towards the Anthony's, who, IIRC, contacted him to come to Fla.

Jose B has already waived the right to a speedy trial.

Yes, I realize that. This is why I said, "even if he can't make that motion because they keep withholding discovery but leaking to the media." I should have said couldn't. He said he wanted to in the beginning. Again, today and at the last hearing he said something about moving things along quickly. He wanted the next hearing ASAP but the SA objected, saying more like 60 days, then mentioning the trial a year away. Geesh. They should be ready long before the defense. They should have been ready, for the most part, before they ever put her in jail. JMO, of course, or is that a fact?

Bolded by me...STILL no tomatoes....maybe collecting some of the little grape tomatoes....JK, really!! They state "give her the dignity....etc." - NOT so we can use it to convict her evil mother on murder charges....IMO
I also thought Tim was working on the "pings" to make his maps....the same "pings" the public had access to...same ones MANY other independant searchers used....like those Headhunter people, or whatever.

Yes, I did hear him say that at least once.

Regarding Tim Miller and TES. I think what Baez needs to do or needed to do was write a motion asking for information about anyone from TES searching in the general area of where the body was found. I think he would be entitled to know who was searching that area, and when and what they found. He should not be allowed to go on a fishing expedition. But there should be records of who was searching that area where the remains were found and on what date. That info would be small and should be forwarded to Baez and those people should be allowed to be questioned. I do think that since TES is a non profit org that Baez should pay for any expenses and time related to this request and the expenses of anyone one he wants to question in regards to the case.

By any chance, was the camera pointed in Miss Casey's direction during the discussion about the trial date occurring late this year or even next year?

That must have given her pause.

Yes, it was. I didn't notice any expression from KC at all.

I doubt KC even allows herself to concentrate on any of the discussions while in the Court-room. She's too uncomfortable and nervous about that camera being in her face.I bet she thinks about them a lot once back in her cell. IMO

That's what I thought... it just such a manipulative statement... ie. just pretend to be interested. All for show.

Everyone keeps reference a playful interaction btw JB & KC... can someone tell me at what time in the video it occurs? I missed it.
thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4GS4rTUZk

at the 44 seconds mark, give or take. While Mark Nejame is addressing the court about the TES searches.

I just watched the video of this morning's hearings.

More and more I pray that the charges get changed..

No jury can look at the attitude of this defendant and believe she really gives a da@@ about her child or the fact that her father is in a mental hospital thanks to her actions.

Laughing, and the interaction between Casey and JB was just plain UGLY.

IMO

"The Sheriff of Orange County has given us a check for $5,000, 25 airboats and the entire mounted patrol to continue the search for Caylee," Miller said.
"The sheriff says he wants us to stay until Caylee is found, and we will search the entire county, state and country until we find this little girl so we can give her the dignity and respect she deserves," he continued."

Kind Regards,
Connie

Whether that is relevant or not does not make it part of discovery or something the court can order TES to turn over to JB. JB has made NO attempts to get that information, interview people, ask Tim for details on searched areas. He leapt right over that and asked for the court to order all of Tim's records. He has no legal grounds to do it that way and there is no statute for the judge to order it. JB is going to have to go interview some people and he is not going to be able to supboena those records just cause he wants them. It doesn't work that way.

How could these denials be in violation of Federal law? I don't think the defense should be given free reign to the records of TES. The defense can subpoena TM to ask if that area was searched. IMO it would be a federal violation of civil rights if TES were required to provide such records with personal information regarding the searchers!

Why would the prosecution be nervous about a speedy trial? I think they are ready to go to trial within the next 3 months. They have all their ducks in a row, so to speak, and have deposed (or will have deposed) all the witnesses. I personally do not think that the prosecution is withholding evidence. I believe the prosecution is holding their "ace" close to the vest to prosecute KC.

Are you saying that HL went back to the area in which Caylee's remains were found? Maybe I misunderstood? Did you mean that HL found more hair in KC's car? Mr. Baez was given the "go ahead" to search the remains area after the FBI and OCSO had left but Baez declined. Now he is wanting to search the area? Why? He had already been given the opportunity!

The Federal law I was refering to can be found with Baden's statment, along with some case numbers supporting what she was saying. Oh, and for those saying she was just rattling on and on, she is supposed to site law and case numbers. Otherwise the judge can just ignore it as lacking merit.

Baez may only need the maps, times and dates. Tim has said he refused to give him anything. If he needed the info for the searchers for a specific time, that is reasonable, if it is part of the discovery and evidence that is relevant to this case. I would have nothing to hide as a volunteer and can't understand what the problem is. But, even if the volunteer object, a fair defense has the right to ALL relevant information. I don't think the name is so private it should be withheld if they searched that area.

No, Henry L searched the car trunk. Another thing that seems strange is that a bag was missing from the box when he wanted to inspect. I'm sure we'll hear more about that.

Hi, I'm new here but have been lurking for a while. I have two ot questions:
1. How long can they keep KC in jail? Does she stay there until the trial even if it's a year from now?
2. Is there a thread some where with people theorys about what they think really happend to Caylee?

Would someone mind (just a yes or no answer - so I don't have to read through all 18 pages :)) - was george, cindy, or lee (any family) there? Were they allowed?

THANKS!!

Patti G -

Your youtube part 6 keeps saying "unavailable".....?

others downloaded fine...Help?

From watching Tru Tv (Court TV) this morning, the host said Casey was wearing jail issued dark blue pants with a blazer as a top. Her ankles were in shackles but not her wrists, according to their reports. They kept saying how very young she looks.

I personally could give a rip about how young a killer looks, I'd rather focus on how young her victim was.

Would someone mind (just a yes or no answer - so I don't have to read through all 18 pages :) - was george, cindy, or lee (any family) there? Were they allowed?

THANKS!!
They were not in the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members