Motions Hearing - Fri., Jan. 30, 2009 @8:30 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, my, I'm sorry I implied I could actually trace back that far. No, I just sent a swab of my cheek off to a company (along with a hefty check) and they matched it to haplogroup J. We're talking 50,000+ years ago--really ancient! I lose track of my ancestors at around 1600 AD.

The point remains, we are all distantly, anciently related. And human.

All that said, she sure looks guilty. I wish I could understand who she is, how she thinks, why she's the way she is. I am at a loss.

IMO it's quite simple really when one looks at family dynamics.

IMO, Baez acts like a child when around her to maintain the bond he has formed with her. His actions when around her tell me he is well aware she has the maturity level of a silly sixteen yr. old. What better way to gain KC's trust and have her cooperate fully with him than to get down on her level of maturity. For some reason, I don't believe KC would cooperate fully with the typical serious, "nothing but business", stern Attorney.

I hadn't looked at it that way before, but ITA.

Why did JB feel the need to file a motion on this matter in the first place.. why not just bust over to the crime scene and start looking around? It's already been stated that he was granted access when LE was done with it. After not being able to talk to the owners of the property, why not just go?

Because if they found something while conducting a search on a posted property, it would be inadmissible as evidence.

I thought maybe his pen wasn't working and she threw a working pen at him.
:furious:

She threw a pen at him, while in the background MN was uttering the words, "Caylee's remains":furious::furious: Those actions were like to kids in school being mischievious while the Teacher wasn't watching:trout::scream::scream: :rant: Maybe I need to stop watching this, as I'm envisioning myself in the :behindbar with her & cannot write what I want to do:furious::burn::burn:

Because if they found something while conducting a search on a posted property, it would be inadmissible as evidence.

I am certain that this question was already answered for you, but the defense is NOW looking for samples of the "flora and fauna" indigenous to the area, according to the woman who wrote the motion, LB. If you watched JB flounder during the follow up interview and how LB staked her claim on the case by stating "I am handling the forensics" I would be wondering how any of this nonsense might play into a future appeal. She stated repeatedly and forcefully that their motions are for the record and while this judge might not be listening, an appellate judge sure would be.

I thought maybe his pen wasn't working and she threw a working pen at him.

That's what it looked like to me. Although the exchange itself was definitely a bit flirty! I would never act like that with a coworker in a meeting much less in a courtroom in her position.

IMO, Baez acts like a child when around her to maintain the bond he has formed with her. His actions when around her tell me he is well aware she has the maturity level of a silly sixteen yr. old. What better way to gain KC's trust and have her cooperate fully with him than to get down on her level of maturity. For some reason, I don't believe KC would cooperate fully with the typical serious, "nothing but business", stern Attorney.

I guess you could be right... I suppose it could be an act but the dude seems childish in so many other ways as well.. he does not seem very with it in many respects!

Given her flirty behavior today, in court, JB should prolly go for an insanity defense. Not saying she is insane or that it would work...but we passed reasonable doubt a while ago. So trying to point the finger at someone else or trying to tear down the forensics is a failed strategy.

I would like to throw sharp objects at her until she confesses...but then that is wrong and likely wouldn't work. The day this thing confesses to any wrong doing is not a day I see happening.

He wants access to the information that shows that JG is NOT the father (which would include JGs DNA)

I'm so confussed over this issue. From what I understand, that test isn't a DNA test.

Are all paternaty tests DNA type test now days?? When did that start? Isn't that more expensive, etc???

Why did JB feel the need to file a motion on this matter in the first place.. why not just bust over to the crime scene and start looking around? It's already been stated that he was granted access when LE was done with it. After not being able to talk to the owners of the property, why not just go?

I may be wrong, but I don't think the SA can grant him permission to enter the property without the owner's consent at this stage...I think only the Court can. Why he didn't go before when it appears he may have had permission, I'm not at all sure.

NeJame creamed Baez.

imHHHHo.

Bold by me:
GrannyL, I agree with you. I haven't gotten the impression Baez is asking for, or that his goal is to get personal private information. The only way he would need that if something made him think a searcher was hiding something. It looks to me, reading between the lines of his words to the judge, that the descrepencies he is referring to has something to do with thinking in the early days that area was searched. If not, he certainly needs to at least get clear if LE and/or Equisearch or any one else searched that area. That is the very least he needs to do. I find a problem with the fact that LE should have taken the dogs through that whole wooded area on July 16, or ASAP after that day. Since they haven't been turning over maps and other notes or reports having to do with any searches done, through proper discovery then he has to demand it. The information he is seeking should be in LE's notes and reports. They couldn't organize a search for a child without keeping track of what has been searched already.

Also, Tim could hand over the maps, etc and make Baez petition for any other info if he wanted to but he just flat out refused everything. I honor and respect him and his work. But I don't agree with his complete refusal for everything.

Why would you highly doubt your DNA could be traced back to the same line as hers? Do you have some info about MDNA that I don't yet understand that would back up what you are saying? I can say, I'm greatful 2 of my 7 sons have daughters because I have none and my MTDNA chain would have ended otherwise. But that still doesn't discount that it traces back to a limited number of Eve's, if you agree that the science is sound.

JB did state that the defense doesn't know what was found or what was not found by the searchers. MN addresses this at about the 6:10 point in the video from wftv:

http://www.wftv.com/video/18603229/index.html

MN suggests that it is "incredulous" to think that searchers would not report finding Caylee's remains if they did find them. He seemed to take great offense at this. It appears to me that JB would need personal information on the searchers in order to locate them, depose them and get this information.

OT but relevant to your post re: relation to KC via Mtdna. While it's possible, but not probable, that KC and I share the same Mtdna we most definitely don't share the same mothering skills.

AE, unless you have a sister with daughters, your Mtdna chain has ended. Your sons can inherit your Mtdna but they can't pass it on to their daughters. Only females can pass on Mtdna.

I am certain that this question was already answered for you, but the defense is NOW looking for samples of the "flora and fauna" indigenous to the area, according to the woman who wrote the motion, LB. If you watched JB flounder during the follow up interview and how LB staked her claim on the case by stating "I am handling the forensics" I would be wondering how any of this nonsense might play into a future appeal. She stated repeatedly and forcefully that their motions are for the record and while this judge might not be listening, an appellate judge sure would be.

It's funny with LB, IIRC, when she was in one of her first hearings when coming "on board", the media was talking to her and Baez on the court steps, and she made comments similar to that "appellate judge" stuff, too. Seems to me that is her standard remark when the defense motions are denied. IMO

In this link of raw video, at approx 2:09, he rips off some paper and gives it to the trying-not-to-look-like-a-perp Perp. I *think* he says to her "Here I'm gonna give you some paper - pretend to write - be very careful guarding it"

http://www.wesh.com/video/18602633/index.html

Can someone with better ears see if they hear the same thing?? :waitasec:
Some other guy off camera is talking at the same time so it's a little difficult to hear.

THOUGHTS??

I think he said *Im gonna give you some paper and a pen to write - be very careful guarding it>*

Other than the fact that I think JB is reaching, by filing all of these motions, several things about todays hearings stick out to me:

1st, why does JB think it necessary to always touch Casey at every opportunity he gets? She's outright making goo goo eyes at him, yet he eggs it on by taking every opportunity to touch her shoulder, whispering in her ear saying God knows what, which once again gives her this beaming smile, all the while, the rest of the court is taking the issues seriously, which is talking about a murdered little girl, Caylee, who it appears was murdered by this woman, Casey. Since is has been reported already that he has acted inappropriately with her, you'd think he'd remember this and keep his hands to himself. I didn't see Baden reaching over and touching her or continuously whispering in her ear. Are we entirely sure, that Casey has no other connection with JB before he became her attorney? My hinky meter just goes way off the radar every time he reachs over to touch her & this crap eating grin that comes on her face, like a dog in heat if you ask me :furious:

This may mean nothing, but it did to me. 1st BC goes before judge to say the Anthony's have no problem with NeJame representing EquSearch, which I think is huge, considering how the Anthony's have treated Tim & his teams. 2ndly, it appeared to me, and this just may be me, but I like the fact that BC choose to sit on the prosecution side, and it wasn't because there was no room for his wheelchair on the defense side. I know he spoke with JB, and attempted to speak to Casey, but he "choose" to sit on the prosecution side.

Is it me, or does this make you really wonder if he, BC, inadvertly might be showing how GA & CA, or he himself, really thinks when it comes to who actually committed this horrendous crime?

And lastly, NeJame, he rocks & puts JB to shame with his knowledge of the courts rules & proceedings :woohoo:

Ditto Ditto Ditto! I agree with you on every point.

I don't think JB has much influence over her though. Any good atty would be telling her to cut the smirks and smiles, the playful pen game and to act at least remotely sad when they mention her DEAD DAUGHTERS remains!

I probably wouldn't buy it but at least she could try it!!

Somewhat off topic yet on topic, I emailed the AP reporter who wrote this story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090130/ap_on_re_us/caylee_anthony

In it he states that Casey didn't report her daughter missing for a month. I reminded him that Casey NEVER reported her daughter missing...it was Cindy who reported it while Casey begged for another day.

Good!-I'm glad you did that !! That's a big distinction in my mind! I don't think she would have ever reported it. If Cindy had given her the extra day, I think she would have taken off for California, never to be heard from again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member