Motive For Murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped:

So, he weighs 190 lbs? Do we know how tall he is? Also, is he still in the New Haven PD jail or has he been moved to, e.g., a county or state facility in Connecticut?
TIA.

According to the court documents I read, he's 5'9". (Sorry, can't find the link for that...)

I don't know where he is at the moment...

He has been moved, taken from another thread:

Thank you, Masscph! I had a hunch they wouldn't leave him long in the NHPD jail....

-Track

P.S. - And thank you, maggieo, for providing his height (5'9").

Have you ever met that person who is obsessive over their little piece of the universe? It could be the parking lot attendant who has possession of your car, the security guard that you have to get past, the person behind the window at the tow pound? People sometime obsess over that one place where they wield power. It doesn't matter if you're a PhD or wearing a 5 thousand dollar Armani suit -- this person has control over your life for these few minutes. I remember an office manager at a newsroom I worked in. She would obsessively separate the pens, pencils, pape rclips into their containers each morning. It got to the point where everyone would purposely mess things up just to watch her reflexively go back and straighten out the mess. One day I saw here separating condiment packets that had accumulated from takeout food orders. Ketchup here, duck sauce here, etc. I think this is the type of person he was -- but to a far more extreme. She crossed a line that shattered his notion of king of his universe.
Your post reminded me of a case where a man killed a 15 year old boy for walking on his lawn. The man has been convicted and has committed suicide recently while in prison.

Women of Asian background raised here tend to be very much like any other American girl. Annie was born and raised here, wasn't she?

I think Annie was born and raised here (in northern CA) but I'm not sure if her mother was? Her mother may be 1st generation. Annie, for some reason, was raised by her aunt and uncle, and I'm not sure if they were born here. I'd have to do more reading.

I think it depends on which generation you are? The closer you are to the 1st generation, the more traditional. By the 3rd generation, you are acculterated and basically acting like any other American teenager . :woohoo:

Hi porkchop...I'm going to pretend that Annie has a long history of abusing mice. Let's say in high school she was written up continuously for mouse mistreatment. This mistreatment extended into her undergrad years where she, once again, had altercations with animal people due to her mistreatment. Let's say she wasn't accepted at Princeton due to her history of mouse abuse and lo and behold, it continues during her first year at Yale, where she was once again confronted about her treatment of mice. Let's just say Clark has her profiled as a 'mouse' abuser...and decides to murder her to save the mice on Planet Earth, or just to make a statement about his passion for animals. Taking this made-up scenario - in my opinion that makes him even sicker than I once thought. jmo

IMO If Annie didn't give Clark the attention he demanded - it was because she had been working in the lab 10-13 hour days due to her wedding..if anything, one would think Clark would show some compassion and ask her how HE could help her (annie) during such a stressful time. jmo

To me, the mouse situation, whatever it was, wasn't much different than dorm situations or what happens in small art department offices. People are working under deadlines; people are being blamed or simply spoken to for things they didn't do; people see responsibilities differently. From the start of this topic, I have been reminded again and again of visiting my girlfriend at MIT graduate school; there were recurring complaints, tiny turf skirmishes, conflicting expectations about clean-up responsibilities and space hogging. The difference, as some one noted earlier, is that these never really ended in even volatile arguments, much less death by strangulation.

And who's taking care of the mice now?

I'm sure he wasn't the only animal tech for that building. They had to have had someone else come and take over. As for Annie, another researcher or the PI is probably doing whatever is necessary to care for the mice on the research end.

I'm sure he wasn't the only animal tech for that building. They had to have had someone else come and take over. As for Annie, another researcher or the PI is probably doing whatever is necessary to care for the mice on the research end.

Yes, this would have been settled very quickly. I bet things are a little rough, though since they lost 4 techs total.

There does appear to be something amiss about the RC/JH relationship. I know that there are men and women who infer to their significant other that someone is flirting with them or even fully involved with them romantically and/or sexually, and not only is it entirely a fabrication, the accused would be oblivious to any reason he/she would be the topic of the couple's conversation. Apparently, the provoking of jealousy and insecurity and the ensuing argument feeds the codependency on which the couple's relationship is based. The root issue, of course, is much deeper and more twisted than romance or affection. Perhaps, RC himself was "leaking" the stories of the lab romance(s) that so inflamed JH. If there was a secret (even to Annie!) romance with her, it would have taken a humiliatingly direct hit when Annie announced plans to marry her Mr. Wonderful, Mr. Right and been very grating to a psychopathic personality.

Wow! This is exactly what I've been thinking all along. Not that I'd rule out the latter, but this logic is what seems most likely, imo. Considering Annie's personality, which has been described in nothing but positive light by numerous acquaintances, and considering her intelligence, I just can't fathom that she'd "go after him" - more like the other way around. I'll bet he was going home trying to make his girlfriend jealous...or maybe he was ready to combust from harboring all these feelings inside that he swung the story totally in his favor and his (more than likely) naieve girlfriend bought it.

I ask this question again...Does anyone know if RC & JH were officially engaged, meaning ring & everything?

Also, anybody have info regarding his parents? Are they still together?

To me, the mouse situation, whatever it was, wasn't much different than dorm situations or what happens in small art department offices. People are working under deadlines; people are being blamed or simply spoken to for things they didn't do; people see responsibilities differently. From the start of this topic, I have been reminded again and again of visiting my girlfriend at MIT graduate school; there were recurring complaints, tiny turf skirmishes, conflicting expectations about clean-up responsibilities and space hogging. The difference, as some one noted earlier, is that these never really ended in even volatile arguments, much less death by strangulation.

And who's taking care of the mice now?

Hi Chanler - Taking care of cages, taking on the responsibility of his job as animal tech was a job he was being paid for. Are you saying your friend at MIT had a paying job or were the skirmishes between roomies?

If Clark had OCD issues, power and control issues, rarely is this manifested in just one relationship...it's usually a person's pattern of relating to others. If we hear from the other PhD students that he exhibited inappropriate expectations regarding his animals, I will then direct my anger toward Yale for not addressing the problem earlier.

Have you ever met that person who is obsessive over their little piece of the universe? It could be the parking lot attendant who has possession of your car, the security guard that you have to get past, the person behind the window at the tow pound? People sometime obsess over that one place where they wield power. It doesn't matter if you're a PhD or wearing a 5 thousand dollar Armani suit -- this person has control over your life for these few minutes. I remember an office manager at a newsroom I worked in. She would obsessively separate the pens, pencils, pape rclips into their containers each morning. It got to the point where everyone would purposely mess things up just to watch her reflexively go back and straighten out the mess. One day I saw here separating condiment packets that had accumulated from takeout food orders. Ketchup here, duck sauce here, etc. I think this is the type of person he was -- but to a far more extreme. She crossed a line that shattered his notion of king of his universe.

I'll tell you an example of obsessive behavior over their little piece of the universe- and we all deal with it every day without thinking about it.

Road rage.

That lane, parking spot, etc. is THEIRS.

And it can (and does) lead to extreme violence.

Does anyone know if RC & JH were officially engaged, meaning ring & everything?

You don't necessarily have to have a ring to be "officially" engaged.

Rat,
do you guys generally use central supply for your scrubs like we do in the hospital?

Here is a photo where he is wearing scrubs but I am not sure when or where it was taken...

image5314849.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/09/16/crimesider/photoessay5314972_1_16_photo.shtml

Wow! This is exactly what I've been thinking all along. Not that I'd rule out the latter, but this logic is what seems most likely, imo. Considering Annie's personality, which has been described in nothing but positive light by numerous acquaintances, and considering her intelligence, I just can't fathom that she'd "go after him" - more like the other way around. I'll bet he was going hom trying to make his girlfriend jealous...or maybe he was ready to combust from harboring all these feelings inside that he swung the story totally in his favor and his (more than likely) naieve girlfriend bought it.

I ask this question again...Does anyone know if RC & JH were officially engaged, meaning ring & everything?

Also, anybody have info regarding his parents? Are they still together?

Way back when, in the beginning of this case, we said if there was any kind of relationship between Annie and Clark, it was in his fantasies. I have no doubt that's the case. Regarding his developmental years, all I am going on right now is the information by his high school girlfriend that she was raped; she dropped the charges due to fear of retaliation. In the end, Clark did trash her locker when the relationship ended. (actualy, that's a great deal of info) I have found nothing more than that to go on...there's got to be more.

You don't necessarily have to have a ring to be "officially" engaged.

Agreed...however, she used her MySpace as a Wedding site...nowhere in the caches that I pulled up could I find mention or pic of a ring...If she was going to broadcast to the extreme that they were getting married, set a date, etc, you'd think she'd "demand" a ring to back everything up. idk, I know I wouldn't consider myself engaged without a ring unless I was stranded on a desert island with only 1 man and he happened to ask me to marry him so we could multiply & inhabit the earth. Please laugh...

I'd like to know if he had issues with other students, i.e. Annie's peers, or was it isolated to Annie? I find it hard to believe that after working there for four years he suddenly had problems with the students treatment of the lab animals. I think he may have pretended to care about the lab animals, but all the time highly resented the fact that he was a high school grad surrounded by doctoral students, and Annie being his same age. He may have had a special resentment to Annie, being that he may have felt he should be the one in control of her. In addition his own wedding was scheduled for sometime late in 2011, while her wedding was going to be at a prestigous Long Island club, and it's been mentioned she was recently talking about her wedding, etc. Her wedding could've further reinforced the difference between his status in life and Annie's. MOO

Here is a photo where he is wearing scrubs but I am not sure when or where it was taken...

image5314849.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/09/16/crimesider/photoessay5314972_1_16_photo.shtml
thanks Harmony! Yes, I had noticed the blue scrubs and wondered if it was normal to have central supply (place where you get the scrubs when you come in and drop them off when you are done). This is how we do it in the hospital. You leave your street clothes in the locker. I had just wondered if it weren't scrubs shoved up in the ceiling tile... and he came out of the fire drill wearing his civies... would have shown different change of clothes and put up the red flag... just thoughts....

I'd like to know if he had issues with other students, i.e. Annie's peers, or was it isolated to Annie? I find it hard to believe that after working there for four years he suddenly had problems with the students treatment of the lab animals. I think he may have pretended to care about the lab animals, but all the time highly resented the fact that he was a high school grad surrounded by doctoral students, and Annie being his same age. He may have had a special resentment to Annie, being that he may have felt he should be the one in control of her. In addition his own wedding was scheduled for sometime late in 2011, while her wedding was going to be at a prestigous Long Island club. MOO

Bolded by me

I completely agree...if there's not a pattern of issues with other students - I have to ask: WHY ANNIE?

JMO Annie was a brilliant, beautiful, young woman with a bright future. I really am starting to think that in his mind (noting the myspace page where he repeated his interest in *advertiser censored*) women were put on earth to serve him, or something to that effect. Seems that people that get caught up in *advertiser censored* have a completely distorted view of gender roles. I think that in his mind, Annie should have been following his directions. The fact that she was academically advanced may have been fuel to his fire. He may have harbored that resentment and had fantasies to dominate her. Sorry if anyone posted anything similar to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member