Motive: The Truck

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes evidence but not signposts in red and framed as it were. I am not a killer but but even I would know that drawing a virtual map that led straight to my door would be incredibly shortsighted. DM had a good education , was taught the ropes of bigger business and I do not see him as being someone who is as 'deliberate' as is suggested.

BBM -- All we know from MSM is that DM attended the Toronto French School, but left prior to graduating. There was also mention of some chef school.

So we don't know for sure he ever graduated from high school (or even obtained his GED). And while I'm sure the education at TFS is at least decent to justify the extremely high tuition fees, I'm not sure how "well educated" even those kids would be at 15, 16, or 17 years old.

With all that said, even an extremely educated genius may not make for a criminal mastermind (and vice versa)!

Links:
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/18/tim_bosma_the_painful_search_for_a_missing_man.html
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/06/05/millard_land_deals_beyond_smelly_experts_say.html
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...was-always-a-little-different-classmate-says/

Yes evidence but not signposts in red and framed as it were. I am not a killer but but even I would know that drawing a virtual map that led straight to my door would be incredibly shortsighted. DM had a good education , was taught the ropes of bigger business and I do not see him as being someone who is as 'deliberate' as is suggested.

Interpreted as "Evidence" to you.....Interpreted as "signpost" to LE and others.

It's all about wisdom, experience and such few killers have as much as LE.

Whether or not there was a phone number on the Kijiji ad has been debated.

Many people here recall seeing the 'click to view number' button on Kijiji in the early days of the case when the ad was still active (note - there's a cached Kijiji ad that doesn't have a phone number, but that was a different version that only had 1 view). Also at one of the earlier press conferences, LE said Tim had his phone number on the websites (plural -- with the websites having been identified earlier as Kijiji and AutoTrader), such that an individual wouldn't need to email/go through the websites to contact TB.

There was a click to view number button and he did have his number on Kijiji. He was contacted through Kijiji, whether they themselves deny it or not.

Interpreted as "Evidence" to you.....Interpreted as "signpost" to LE and others.

It's all about wisdom, experience and such few killers have as much as LE.

Is it? Is that why so many especially Cdn people have been wrongly convicted and jailed for years only to eventually get out many years later after their lives have been torn apart? Where was the LE wisdom and experience in these cases? WE need only search online to see LE has lacked both wisdom and common sense and even self control many many times .... It has been public involvement that has pieced even this case together with the few facts that it has... I have yet to see any major advancements in this case that have been solely the work of LE.... Hundreds of tips have shown them the facts to date...which IMO still leave out many more facts that need to be uncovered. JMO MOO and IMO

There was a click to view number button and he did have his number on Kijiji. He was contacted through Kijiji, whether they themselves deny it or not.

It's probably just semantics. TB had his phone number on the kijiji site, hidden under a "click to view" button. The reader would have had to click on a little box to see it, then use his own phone to call TB. In that case, he was not contacted "through" kijiji, but by phone.

A reader can also contact the seller "through" kijiji by using the email contact form on the kijiji page. In that case, kijiji has a record that there was a connection "through" their site.

Is it? Is that why so many especially Cdn people have been wrongly convicted and jailed for years only to eventually get out many years later after their lives have been torn apart? Where was the LE wisdom and experience in these cases? WE need only search online to see LE has lacked both wisdom and common sense and even self control many many times .... It has been public involvement that has pieced even this case together with the few facts that it has... I have yet to see any major advancements in this case that have been solely the work of LE.... Hundreds of tips have shown them the facts to date...which IMO still leave out many more facts that need to be uncovered. JMO MOO and IMO

To my knowledge there have only been about a dozen people in Canada in the last 50 years or so whose convictions have been overturned. In some cases they were absolutely wrongfully convicted which were later overturned due to the advancement of DNA and forensic science, in others they were overturned on appeal based on errors in the first trial and the prosecution decided not to go ahead with a new trial. Those person's were not exonerated, just released from custody.

While a dozen people over the course of 60 years or so is not good, and we can't establish that all of them were actually innocent, it is still a pretty good percentage considering the number of convictions there must be in this country on a yearly basis.

I don't believe there have been any person's exonerated after being wrongfully convicted since the early 90's when DNA and forensic science became much more advanced but I'm really not sure of that. They may have been exonerated later than that but their convictions were probably not later than the early 90's. I haven't really researched wrongful convictions in Canada, I'm just going off my memory of articles I've read. But since it keeps being mentioned about the "many" wrongful convictions, perhaps it should be put into perspective.

No system is perfect. But we can't just disregard the obvious and throw common sense and science out the window on the off chance that it may happen again. We'd have an awful lot of criminals with a sense of entitlement out there if we did. Seems to me that we have just that type in the likes of both DM and MS in this case. One just luckier than the other at not getting caught at criminal behaviour. Until now. Both of these men got into a truck with TB and TB did not return alive. All of the evidence found so far is tied to DM. Neither of them have an alibi or have any use to talk to LE about what they were up to that night. They both appear to be prepared to wait it out for a few years until they have all the discovery to "tell their stories". Not likely the behaviour of any of the person's who were wrongfully convicted at the time of their arrests.

Meanwhile, TB's Dodge Ram Truck seems to be telling a story of it's own.

MOO

You have continued the track of "presumption of innocence." None I know here dispute that.

The evidence that IS public paints a very bad picture for DM & MS. I asked you one time before to explain the difference in speculation, as you say, vs. circumstantial when it comes to evidence. I'm still waiting......
I am speculating on what scenarios may fit the current evolving evidence but the evidence is the evidence and by it's very definition, can't be speculation.

I too have issues with the way Canadian justice seems to me to throw charges, see what sticks, and cost an obviously innocent person $100,000s of dollars in defense, only to have the Crown give in years later.

So I don't take it lightly when I say, from what I know, the evidence so far looks good and will likely get better as results from test are returned.

And of course, IMO

43 wrongful convictions in 51 years vs how many criminal trials during those same years?

IMO, Canada has a pretty good track record of getting it right.

My previous post with links:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9553551&postcount=528"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - General Discussion and Theories[/ame]

43 wrongful convictions in 51 years vs how many criminal trials during those same years?

IMO, Canada has a pretty good track record of getting it right.

My previous post with links:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - General Discussion and Theories

Thanks for those links sillybilly. So there have been about 25 or so cases of murder/manslaughter overturned in the last 50 years. Still a low percentage but definitely one that can be improved on. Hopefully with the advancements in DNA and forensics, those numbers have been greatly reduced for at least the last 20 years.

MOO

The red dodge does have a diesel in it. It also looks like it was highly modified with a tuner. You can see the tuner and gauge pod on the drivers side front pillar. As far as swapping TB engin into the jeep....nearly impossible because of the size (the 5.9 cummins was built and designed for agricultural, industrial and smaller highway trucks). The Cummins that is swapped into the jeeps is the 5.9L's little brother....the 3.9L known as the 4BT. The 5.9L is known as the 6BT.

Just to quote this, as on june 6th in a star article, it was mentioned that the red dodge does NOT have a diesel engine. Like I have said, the badge adjacent to light is a hemi.

http://read.thestar.com/#!/article/...r-third-suspect-exists-lead-investigator-says

Today I drove about 500km and enroute saw only one black Dodge Ram. That's partly because I am not too observant, and partly because there wasn't a lot of traffic. I was thinking about the report that someone saw TB's truck in Brantford the night of the murder. It isn't inconceivable that it was recognised, with perhaps a mental note ..."what's he doing here this time of night?" or "Hey, who's driving?" I wonder what else the witness saw. Oh my, it's going to be such a long wait until the details come out.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/10/hamilton-bosma-update.html

Truck theory:

I'm not sure if I posted this here before, but it's still in my mind.

A friend that lives along the route to the W airport saw the CityTV car drive away about 11 pm on that first Saturday they were at the hangar, most likely after the initial news reel was made. She reported it to me by FB.

This was before a police warrant. Later that evening, she reported she'd let her dog out to pee at 1:30 am and saw a souped up black truck driving southward, followed by what looked like a tow truck or similar vehicle--it was bigger than a RAM truck but smaller than the cab on a transport. What does that make it?

Anyhow, about that time people here I'd been reading about a souped-up black truck spotted in Miami by a friend of DM--calling it a "sick truck".

The timing of this never-before-seen in the area truck seemed a little timely, my friend thought. In the dark 1:30 in the morning like it was being "removed" from somewhere. Of course, connection to this case is speculation. Could have been just some souped-up truck owner...What does one do with a souped-up truck anyhow? Could it have been coming from some event someone might know of?

I believe police were guarding the hangar that night, so if they were still there with the road blocked at 1:30 am this vehicle, if connected with the DM case, would have come from somewhere else in the vicinity. Unless police left and it was snuck out. IMO

Speculating the souped up black truck (with those big diesel pipe things going up the back into the air) was involved in this case, could something from TB truck be needed for it? Like a VIN number? What if they stole that "sick" truck they spotted in Miami? Does anyone know what year the AM video was taken? I think it would have been an older model by now, so maybe they needed an older VIN number. IMO

-------------
Don't ask me, ask my friend.

Truck theory:

I'm not sure if I posted this here before, but it's still in my mind.

A friend that lives along the route to the W airport saw the CityTV car drive away about 11 pm on that first Saturday they were at the hangar, most likely after the initial news reel was made. She reported it to me by FB.

This was before a police warrant. Later that evening, she reported she'd let her dog out to pee at 1:30 am and saw a souped up black truck driving southward, followed by what looked like a tow truck or similar vehicle--it was bigger than a RAM truck but smaller than the cab on a transport. What does that make it?

Anyhow, about that time people here I'd been reading about a souped-up black truck spotted in Miami by a friend of DM--calling it a "sick truck".

The timing of this never-before-seen in the area truck seemed a little timely, my friend thought. In the dark 1:30 in the morning like it was being "removed" from somewhere. Of course, connection to this case is speculation. Could have been just some souped-up truck owner...What does one do with a souped-up truck anyhow? Could it have been coming from some event someone might know of?

I believe police were guarding the hangar that night, so if they were still there with the road blocked at 1:30 am this vehicle, if connected with the DM case, would have come from somewhere else in the vicinity. Unless police left and it was snuck out. IMO

Speculating the souped up black truck (with those big diesel pipe things going up the back into the air) was involved in this case, could something from TB truck be needed for it? Like a VIN number? What if they stole that "sick" truck they spotted in Miami? Does anyone know what year the AM video was taken? I think it would have been an older model by now, so maybe they needed an older VIN number. IMO

-------------
Don't ask me, ask my friend.

December 2009

MS was known as SAY10. FWIW, in Satanism the ram and goat are symbols of Satan.

Sorry to be cryptic, but due to WS sleuthing regs, I can't really elaborate.

This is one of those things that make you say 'hmmmm'. Is this an example of going after a specific make of truck, or just a coincidence. It's strange that none of the trucks were actually stolen.

If you check out the link, you will see it was a busy night for auto theft in Brantford. I'm wondering if the 3 below were connected to each other, but not to the other thefts that night.

Type: Attempted Theft of Motor Vehicle
Incident # 13-29353
Date: August 9, - August 10, 2013
Incident: Attempted theft of a Grey Chevrolet Silverado. Driver side door lock damaged and GPS stolen.

Incident # 13-29500
Incident: Attempted theft of a White Chevrolet Silverado. Driver side door lock damaged pocket knife stolen.

Incident # 13-29212
Date: August 9,
Incident: Attempted theft of a Red Chevrolet Silverado between 9:30 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. Driver side door lock and ignition damaged GPS and change stolen.

http://www.brantfordpolice.ca/modules/news/index.php#927

This is one of those things that make you say 'hmmmm'. Is this an example of going after a specific make of truck, or just a coincidence. It's strange that none of the trucks were actually stolen.

If you check out the link, you will see it was a busy night for auto theft in Brantford. I'm wondering if the 3 below were connected to each other, but not to the other thefts that night.

Incident # 13-29353
Incident: Attempted theft of a Grey Chevrolet Silverado. Driver side door lock damaged and GPS stolen.

Incident # 13-29500
Incident: Attempted theft of a White Chevrolet Silverado. Driver side door lock damaged pocket knife stolen.

Incident # 13-29212
Date: August 9,
Incident: Attempted theft of a Red Chevrolet Silverado between 9:30 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. Driver side door lock and ignition damaged GPS and change stolen.

http://www.brantfordpolice.ca/modules/news/index.php#927

In he third instance there was damage to the ignition. In the other instances, how do they know it was attempted theft of the vehicle and not just b&e and theft of contents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr