• Revenge/rage against Cindy

Votes: 83 17.2%
  • Tony didn't want a little girl around

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • more than one of the above

Votes: 366 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am almost positive Casey's 2 year lie to her parents regarding her employment and Zanny the invisible nanny were found out..mostly due to Caylee. Caylee was cramping Casey's lifestyle..1) by telling the truth to those who asked and 2) Because Cindy wouldnt' watch her as much as casey would want her to (24/7)

MOO

As an Early Childhood and Elem. Educ. teacher, I can tell you that there is nothing wrong with Caylee's language developement according to what I observed during a 45 second video clip, and actually it would be virtually impossible for anyone to say there is a problem. All children develope differently, and at different ages. I have a 5 year old and an almost 4 year old, and they spoke at completely different levels at specific ages. To assume that she wasnt developing properly, based on a 45 second video clip, is IMO absurd.
Agreed...that short clip was charming and Caylee acted like a child who was used to being read to, complete with animation. Her little aside to her great grandpa was adorable and indicated to me at least that she was a very observant child. My heart aches at the thought of her fate...she reminds so much of my own granddaughters at that age. Such a sad story.

Agreed...that short clip was charming and Caylee acted like a child who was used to being read to, complete with animation. Her little aside to her great grandpa was adorable and indicated to me at least that she was a very observant child. My heart aches at the thought of her fate...she reminds so much of my own granddaughters at that age. Such a sad story.

Caylee looked exactly like any 2.5 year old, she was happy, alert, and completely normal.
All the speculation on her being silenced with duct tape, chloroformed into sleep/silence, abused and anything else is really sad to read.
I don't believe any of those things were happening to Caylee
I still believe that Casey was a irresponsible mother (and age has nothing to do with it, there are responsible teenage mothers and irresponsible old mothers!)
she was to interested in herself and what she wanted out of life , and let mum and dad take care of her financially and every other way...But it all got to a point with the arguments with Cindy and her constantly (and rightfully so) telling her she was a unfit mother and goodness knows what else she said, maybe she even threatened to go for custody of Caylee ?
That it came to breaking point and Casey snapped and sadly Caylee was the subject and recipient of that snap.

So there is no motive because it wasn't premeditated

MOO

As an Early Childhood and Elem. Educ. teacher, I can tell you that there is nothing wrong with Caylee's language developement according to what I observed during a 45 second video clip, and actually it would be virtually impossible for anyone to say there is a problem. All children develope differently, and at different ages. I have a 5 year old and an almost 4 year old, and they spoke at completely different levels at specific ages. To assume that she wasnt developing properly, based on a 45 second video clip, is IMO absurd.

There is more than one video out there.

Caylee looked exactly like any 2.5 year old, she was happy, alert, and completely normal.
All the speculation on her being silenced with duct tape, chloroformed into sleep/silence, abused and anything else is really sad to read.
I don't believe any of those things were happening to Caylee
I still believe that Casey was a irresponsible mother (and age has nothing to do with it, there are responsible teenage mothers and irresponsible old mothers!)
she was to interested in herself and what she wanted out of life , and let mum and dad take care of her financially and every other way...But it all got to a point with the arguments with Cindy and her constantly (and rightfully so) telling her she was a unfit mother and goodness knows what else she said, maybe she even threatened to go for custody of Caylee ?
That it came to breaking point and Casey snapped and sadly Caylee was the subject and recipient of that snap.

So there is no motive because it wasn't premeditated

MOO

Caylee was found with duct tape wrapped around her mouth and head.

Caylee was seen alive by George at 1 p.m. Jesse G. thinks he heard Caylee at 2:52. By 4:18 Casey was leaving the Anthony's, with her stuff packed. Her pings show she went straight to Tony's apartment.

Why would she take the time after Caylee died before she headed for Tony's to hunt for duct tape and then wrap it around Caylee's head and mouth? Is that what would cross a mother's mind after an accident or flash of temper..."Oh, I better go get some duct tape to wrap around my dead daughter's head?"

A dead Caylee that couldn't scream wouldn't need to have her mouth taped shut.

IMO

I agree with you completely. She spoke like a child of about 1 l/2. My two kids could form complete sentences when they were 2 (short but complete). Almost as if nobody ever communicated with her.

I agree as well.

I agree with you completely. She spoke like a child of about 1 l/2. My two kids could form complete sentences when they were 2 (short but complete).
Almost as if nobody ever communicated with her.

I used to think the same way, but i dont think we've seen enough video of caylee to really be sure.
I can understand every word that my own children say, but I may not understand another child of the same age, KWIM?

This is NOT confirmed fact - it is rumour!

The duct tape is all over the media. From one report:

About that duct tape........It was wrapped around Caylee's mouth into her hair, not around the bag to keep it closed. It was taped to part of what was left of her hair and skull. I imagine the hair held it there. (we were all hoping it was the bag..too horrid to think that SOB put that around her little mouth while she was alive! Unfortunately, that IS what she did, because as Dr. Perper said, "no need to wrap duct tape around the mouth of someone who is deceased. It would be to stifle a scream or cry."

This is NOT confirmed fact - it is rumour!

The duct tape is all over the media. I think it has been comfirmed by LE. From one report:

About that duct tape........It was wrapped around Caylee's mouth into her hair, not around the bag to keep it closed. It was taped to part of what was left of her hair and skull. I imagine the hair held it there. (we were all hoping it was the bag..too horrid to think that SOB put that around her little mouth while she was alive! Unfortunately, that IS what she did, because as Dr. Perper said, "no need to wrap duct tape around the mouth of someone who is deceased. It would be to stifle a scream or cry."

I voted for "more than one of the above" as I believe all four options contributed to motive. I do think the two most primary motives were Caylee cramping the lifestyle Casey wanted and revenge against Cindy. Third, imo, would be the language skills Caylee was developing and the "lie" couldn't continue with Casey saying she was at work when she wasn't. And fourth, she couldn't stay overnight at TL's apt. with Caylee. MOO

I agree with you, my grandson is easy for me to understand, but others have to ask me for a translation.

: )

I agree with you, my grandson is easy for me to understand, but others have to ask me for a translation.

Unless it comes from LE or the ME, it is NOT a confirmed fact that there was duct tape on the skull. A media report, even one with a quote from a Dr. does not validate a rumor, it merely adds to it.

Caylee is dead. How anyone can say she is fine better off or whatever is beyond me.
She was 2 years old :(

I might be speaking for other posters here, but I believe it's because had Caylee continued living the life she was living, she was possibly tortured, in pain, we know she was neglected, and possibly emotionally, verbally, and physically abused. I have read articles saying she had bruises on her body. Caylee is dead, and she is free from a screwed up life filled with different kinds of pain. Kinda like a cancer-patient analogy, she is no longer suffering.

As for the poll, I need an "all of the above" option, LOL. I think Caylee was getting too big to keep all of Casey's secrets. She couldn't go out all the time if Caylee might blab about where she was during all of the fun. I think maybe CA used Caylee's custody as a weapon, and although Casey might appreciate the freedom, she hated the control.

Plus, she was probably tired of making up excuses to Tony and feared if she kept it up, he'd figure it all out.

I debated about that... that's why I added the more than one of the above option!

we know she was neglected, and possibly emotionally, verbally, and physically abused.

Do we, though? This case is somewhat unique in that we've seen so much of Caylee. She appeared to be a happy, well-adjusted child and by all accounts she was a lovely little girl. We have no real evidence that she was abused in any of those ways.

Maybe Casey was a neglectful mother, but it seems that, by listening to her friends, that it was only like that near the end. GA and CA seemed to pick up the slack.

I want Casey to go to prison and be forgotten and maybe occasionally beaten, but we have no proof that Caylee didn't enjoy life. So many women who commit filicide have never laid a hand on their children before. It goes deeper than that for them.

I guess this is why the rage v. premeditation thing is so important. If it's the latter, she very likely might never have touched a hair on her head until the end. Because if you subscribe to the most common motives, she was never mad AT Caylee. It went much deeper than that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back