• Revenge/rage against Cindy

Votes: 83 17.2%
  • Tony didn't want a little girl around

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • more than one of the above

Votes: 366 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do we, though? This case is somewhat unique in that we've seen so much of Caylee. She appeared to be a happy, well-adjusted child and by all accounts she was a lovely little girl. We have no real evidence that she was abused in any of those ways.

Maybe Casey was a neglectful mother, but it seems that, by listening to her friends, that it was only like that near the end. GA and CA seemed to pick up the slack.

I want Casey to go to prison and be forgotten and maybe occasionally beaten, but we have no proof that Caylee didn't enjoy life. So many women who commit filicide have never laid a hand on their children before. It goes deeper than that for them.

I guess this is why the rage v. premeditation thing is so important. If it's the latter, she very likely might never have touched a hair on her head until the end. Because if you subscribe to the most common motives, she was never mad AT Caylee. It went much deeper than that.
And most abuse goes on behing closed doors. I'm not saying Cindy and George were bad to Caylee, it's the treatment or lack thereof from Casey. We don't know that the fact that Caylee was clean and "well-dressed" was because Casey bathed and dressed her. Perhaps Cindy did that all the time. Also, it's been alluded to by many posters that Caylee looked fearful in the video where she is in her great grandfather's lap.
Moreover, taking Caylee to adult parties where drugs, alcohol, and sex are prevalent and having her sleep in the same bed as mom's new boyfriends is subjecting her to a form of abuse. Friends of Casey's have come out and said Caylee was neglected at those parties.

Sorry that you've heard it "too many times" and that it goes against your opinions of what life consists of after death and how it applies to Caylee. I'm pleased that you don't want to argue, which is healthy, but I am definitely opposed to your view that she's suffering, in any way. I guess we'll just write it off to my believing in the reality of a spiritual life and you don't. I wasn't trying to convince anyone, just stating MY opinion.

Again, sorry if you're upset because a few too many of us have alternate opinions of her current status, but I don't see my opinion changing.

Bold is mine

I didn't say Caylee was suffering so you can not be opposed to MY view , because that isnt my view.
When you are dead you can no longer suffer.
As far as the afterlife goes and you writing it off to you believing and me not, that is unfair. I have never said that i don't believe in the afterlife.

Because I make a statement that I believe Caylee is not better off Dead you think that means I don't believe in God and an afterlife and I think she is suffering ?

She was 2 years old , she had the rest of her life in front of her and she was a beautiful BEAUTIFUL Little girl that could have gone on to do so much..
But she never got the chance

That is what I am upset about. And whether it was premeditated or not her beautiful little life was snuffed out and that is what I am upset about..

The only people suffering now are those that love and miss her ....

motive for murdering her two year old daughter.
selfishness, TL didn't want a child hanging around his party hardy home, but Casey didn't want to give up TL to take care of Caylee.

jealousy, she thinks CA loves Caylee more than her, and Caylee loves CA more than her, but doesn't see that her actions are causing their increased bonding with each other, and their lack of bonding with her.

spite, CA wanted Casey to move out, but leave Caylee with her b/c she was worried about Caylee with Casey, and also was sick of being stolen from. Casey responds with wanting to hurt her mother by taking Caylee away from her, and not being able to take her to TL apt. she murders her.

If spite and jealousy were not involved, she would have just left Caylee with CA and moved in with TL.

When she was with RM, Caylee was with her three or four days a week according to RM interview with LE, so if TL would have accepted Caylee living with them, she would have taken Caylee with her. TL didn't think it was a good environment for a small child. He didn't know that Caylee had been exposed to that lifestyle for months, but it wouldn't have changed his mind if he had known, though it may have changed his opinion of Casey.

Casey was perfectly fine being a irresponsible thief, liar, and part time mom. She was not fine with the consequences of that, and reacted accordingly, leaving victims in her path.

She didn't suddenly become an abusive mom. Neglect is abuse. Exposing your child to loud drinking parties, and sex with frequently changing guys is abuse. AH says in her interview with LE that Caylee woke up, and appeared frightened during one of those parties. Not supporting your child is abuse, though her parents took up her slack in that area.
Did she drink in excess while she was pregnant with Caylee? Would that not also be abuse? She certaninly denied being pregnant, so did she get prenatal care?

She was not only an abusive parent, she was/is also an abusive friend, and adult child.

This is just my opinion. fwiw.

I agree. I was surprised she was so close to her 3rd birthday after seeing that video and other videos.

I have a barely 3 year old grandson whose speech and vocabulary are so far surpasses hers it is very noticeable. He speaks with full articulated sentences correct grammar and voice inflection without the hesitations I heard in her voice.

It appears she was only around adults, which makes her lack of vocabulary and good speech patterns even stranger to me. Abused children many times have developmental delays in speech, so it makes me wonder what really went on when KC was alone with that child.

Maybe just camera shy.

I agree with you completely. She spoke like a child of about 1 l/2. My two kids could form complete sentences when they were 2 (short but complete).
Almost as if nobody ever communicated with her.
That was my opinion months ago, but have since heard her say things such as, "Papa, you tired papa" and the sunshine song. She sang it quite well, good tone, and even exchanges the word nan's for my, playfully, so imo she did it purposely. Only while she was reading the book, did her vocabulary diminish, but that could have been because she was read to often, and knew that the book contained a story, but speed was chosen over words probably because she wanted to turn the pages, thus the gibberish with a few real words added in here and there. jmo fwiw.
I will add that I have found it quite odd that when Casey was video taping Caylee, she never talked or repsonded to Caylee in any way. It's like Caylee was a specimen, more than anything else. I find it very strange. I think the videos that others took were appropiate, such as when she was playing with Casey on the floor, or when she is singing and dancing with a tv program, but when Casey was taping, there was no music, and no one else around, and Caylee looks at the camera, and attempts to interact, but received nothing back. It's just wierd, imo.

I think all of the first four poll options was a factor.
Actually I think you could call them a perfect summation.

I'm a fairly well-read Adult and I can't understand the A's much of the time when listening to them use, abuse and butcher the language! You've got a very valid point, Friday.

as soon as i see any of the anthony's begin to speak i feel embarrassed for them and half afraid of what's coming next. i wish that someone close to them, if any such person exists, would take them to one side and gently explain that they do not understand 'big words' and should stop using them. what's more i think this should happen 'without haste' and save us all any more pain than we've already suffered.

Additionally, remember that according to Cindy, Caylee called her great-grandmother sometime in July (after she had been kidnapped by ZG) and when asked how she might have gotten the number, Cindy stated it must have been programmed in the phone. So if this information is true, then obviously not only could Caylee talk but she could also read.

No reading skills necessary. My own son would often call his dad just by pressing the programed number at age 2. I only had about 5 numbers programed and he knew every one of them.

And most abuse goes on behing closed doors. I'm not saying Cindy and George were bad to Caylee, it's the treatment or lack thereof from Casey. We don't know that the fact that Caylee was clean and "well-dressed" was because Casey bathed and dressed her. Perhaps Cindy did that all the time. Also, it's been alluded to by many posters that Caylee looked fearful in the video where she is in her great grandfather's lap.
Moreover, taking Caylee to adult parties where drugs, alcohol, and sex are prevalent and having her sleep in the same bed as mom's new boyfriends is subjecting her to a form of abuse. Friends of Casey's have come out and said Caylee was neglected at those parties.

True. Friends said they once had to take Klee off the balcony. KC had abandoned her to the living room, and anyone who happened to be in it, while she went into the bedroom with Tony.

Tony's place was a crash pad. Fortunately, there were sometimes responsible people staying or visiting there.

Bold is mine

I didn't say Caylee was suffering so you can not be opposed to MY view , because that isnt my view.
When you are dead you can no longer suffer.
As far as the afterlife goes and you writing it off to you believing and me not, that is unfair. I have never said that i don't believe in the afterlife.

Because I make a statement that I believe Caylee is not better off Dead you think that means I don't believe in God and an afterlife and I think she is suffering ?

She was 2 years old , she had the rest of her life in front of her and she was a beautiful BEAUTIFUL Little girl that could have gone on to do so much..
But she never got the chance

That is what I am upset about. And whether it was premeditated or not her beautiful little life was snuffed out and that is what I am upset about..

The only people suffering now are those that love and miss her ....

I'm with both of you, and an additional. I believe Klee is totally at peace. But, I wish she had experienced growing up and learning to be a woman.

On the other hand, I am also a reincarnationist. So, I believe that she will have other chances.:)

selfishness, TL didn't want a child hanging around his party hardy home, but Casey didn't want to give up TL to take care of Caylee.

jealousy, she thinks CA loves Caylee more than her, and Caylee loves CA more than her, but doesn't see that her actions are causing their increased bonding with each other, and their lack of bonding with her.

spite, CA wanted Casey to move out, but leave Caylee with her b/c she was worried about Caylee with Casey, and also was sick of being stolen from. Casey responds with wanting to hurt her mother by taking Caylee away from her, and not being able to take her to TL apt. she murders her.

If spite and jealousy were not involved, she would have just left Caylee with CA and moved in with TL.

When she was with RM, Caylee was with her three or four days a week according to RM interview with LE, so if TL would have accepted Caylee living with them, she would have taken Caylee with her. TL didn't think it was a good environment for a small child. He didn't know that Caylee had been exposed to that lifestyle for months, but it wouldn't have changed his mind if he had known, though it may have changed his opinion of Casey.

Casey was perfectly fine being a irresponsible thief, liar, and part time mom. She was not fine with the consequences of that, and reacted accordingly, leaving victims in her path.

She didn't suddenly become an abusive mom. Neglect is abuse. Exposing your child to loud drinking parties, and sex with frequently changing guys is abuse. AH says in her interview with LE that Caylee woke up, and appeared frightened during one of those parties. Not supporting your child is abuse, though her parents took up her slack in that area.
Did she drink in excess while she was pregnant with Caylee? Would that not also be abuse? She certaninly denied being pregnant, so did she get prenatal care?

She was not only an abusive parent, she was/is also an abusive friend, and adult child.

This is a very fine summation. Thanks!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Why do people shorten Caylee's name? It's only two more letters.

I don't doubt Casey neglected her, but I get the impression that CA was primary caregiver.

No, I completely agree with your opinion. I share many of the same thoughts myself about this case.

I think all of the first four poll options was a factor.
Actually I think you could call them a perfect summation.

Thank-you!:blowkiss:

Why do people shorten Caylee's name? It's only two more letters.

I don't doubt Casey neglected her, but I get the impression that CA was primary caregiver.

Perhaps because it's the texting generation????:waitasec:

Perhaps because it's the texting generation????

Maybe. I just think if you can type out three syllable words, then you can type two more letters in a deceased little girl's name. There's not even a K in it.

Don't know why it bugs me so much.

On topic, yeah, I think all four motives listed are factors. In my heart, though, I've always felt like retribution toward CA is a huge part in all of this.

Most relevant probabilities have been represented here, and most of us agree. But, I still look forward to the trial when JB tries to draw a logical conclusion to the banded-hair in the trunk not being 100% PROVEN to be Caylee's, but only a "match". Then, to hear the prosecution ask, "Well, then. What other missing and dead Anthony relative was she carrying aroung in her trunk?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back