• Revenge/rage against Cindy

Votes: 83 17.2%
  • Tony didn't want a little girl around

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • more than one of the above

Votes: 366 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's one, three and four, plus as Caylee grew, it would be harder to hide that she wasn't at any nanny's house.

I think it's 1, 2 and 3. I can not wait for Lee to testify because if I remember correctly, he told Jesse Grund that the night before Caylee was never seen again, KC and CA got into the argument where he claimed CA choked KC. I believe KC murdered Caylee and that she had thought about it for some time, but I believe it happened when it did due to her anger at CA over that particular fight.

FWIW, at one time I thought KC was chloroforming Caylee in order to go out and party and that she died as a result of that, but after what I have seen at this trial, I have changed my mind.

jmo

Motives come to mind. Revenge after the last choking fight with CA. Plus Caylee Marie might have started revealing too much about her time with "Zanny". If so, CA would not have admitted that truth-telling stuff to LE, it would be too damning to ICA. ICA was told by CA to be start being responsible or she was going to get custody of Caylee Marie.
Caylee Marie was no longer going to be valuable to ICA, who would lose her free ride.
Dragging Caylee Marie around wasn't as much fun, people paid too much attention to Caylee Marie, everyone commented on how adorable Caylee Marie was, and it was horrible when Caylee Marie freaked out if mommy dearest snuck off with her latest guy into a bedroom for some big-girl fun.

I think it is a combination of all of them, but I think as she was growing older, #2 became a big issue. We have heard numerous people testify today how smart Caylee was. My guess is she could tell Cindy lots of things Cindy had no idea about. She must just be apoplectic listening to where Casey had dragged her around to, especially sleeping with Ricardo . . .
I really have to wonder if she gave Cindy an earful on Father's day, on the long visit to the nursing home. Thus the impetus for the big fight that day . .

Motives come to mind. Revenge after the last choking fight with CA. Plus Caylee Marie might have started revealing too much about her time with "Zanny". If so, CA would not have admitted that truth-telling stuff to LE, it would be too damning to ICA. ICA was told by CA to be start being responsible or she was going to get custody of Caylee Marie.
Caylee Marie was no longer going to be valuable to ICA, who would lose her free ride.
Dragging Caylee Marie around wasn't as much fun, people paid too much attention to Caylee Marie, everyone commented on how adorable Caylee Marie was, and it was horrible when Caylee Marie freaked out if mommy dearest snuck off with her latest guy into a bedroom for some big-girl fun.

BBM
I definitely agree with this. I think when Caylee was an infant, the attention went to KC: "Oh, your baby is adorable", "Oh, you look so great for just having had a baby", etc. Caylee was at the age where she was moving around alot, verbalizing and becoming her own little person.....hence, the attention is directed at Caylee: "You're so cute" and so on. I don't believe KC could stand for the attention to ever be on anyone else, ever.

jmo

I think the motive was spite first, and "the beautiful life" second. And look at her defense, she's still aiming to devastate her family. mo

Additionally, remember that according to Cindy, Caylee called her great-grandmother sometime in July (after she had been kidnapped by ZG) and when asked how she might have gotten the number, Cindy stated it must have been programmed in the phone. So if this information is true, then obviously not only could Caylee talk but she could also read.

Good point. So little interaction, I noticed that in early tv shots of the house. Nothing really looked *played with*. Interaction had to do with the photography, it seemed. Impressions, not even full opinions.

I think she sooo wanted to be a part of this new group of friends .<edit>

I think more people would have had their life in danger if they were close to her in the years to come .
Of course these are all I thinks ....

I've been thinking about Casey's increasing danger quotient and in way we see her act it out in trial with the bigger and bigger lies the State promised us. Thanks for post.

I think it's 1, 2 and 3. I can not wait for Lee to testify because if I remember correctly, he told Jesse Grund that the night before Caylee was never seen again, KC and CA got into the argument where he claimed CA choked KC. I believe KC murdered Caylee and that she had thought about it for some time, but I believe it happened when it did due to her anger at CA over that particular fight.

FWIW, at one time I thought KC was chloroforming Caylee in order to go out and party and that she died as a result of that, but after what I have seen at this trial, I have changed my mind.

jmo

I totally agree. I feel she had been thinking she needed to kill Caylee and done some research, but the fight with Cindy made her say "Okay, I'm going to do it now."

Also, RM's testimony today that Amy and ICA were planning to move in to GA and CA's house was interesting. I think her March "neck-breaking" "household weapons" searches may even indicate that ICA's first idea was to kill GA and CA, and "inherit" the house. Then Caylee could have talked to her heart's content.

That may have proved too risky, difficult, complicated, etc., so she settled on killing Caylee.

I am really looking forward to Amy's testimony!

BBM
I definitely agree with this. I think when Caylee was an infant, the attention went to KC: "Oh, your baby is adorable", "Oh, you look so great for just having had a baby", etc. Caylee was at the age where she was moving around alot, verbalizing and becoming her own little person.....hence, the attention is directed at Caylee: "You're so cute" and so on. I don't believe KC could stand for the attention to ever be on anyone else, ever.

jmo

CA said it herself (motive=)jealous , go back to March (when google searches started) didn't KC get mad because CA would not watch Caylee so she could go out on her b'day, then GA and CA talk about Caylee's b'day and having a big party. Then in the jail house tapes they speak of Caylee's party. KC was just so jealous. What was going on in March that started the searches???

CA said it herself (motive=)jealous , go back to March (when google searches started) didn't KC get mad because CA would not watch Caylee so she could go out on her b'day, then GA and CA talk about Caylee's b'day and having a big party. Then in the jail house tapes they speak of Caylee's party. KC was just so jealous. What was going on in March that started the searches???

She was sleeping with RM at the time with Caylee in the bed and Caylee was becoming increasingly verbal.

The jealousy, inability to party, nagging from CA, Caylee starting to talk.

A verbal small child = NIGHTMARE for a pathological liar like ICA.

I think it was all those things put together...she wanted freedom at all costs.

Was that when the plans for a trip to Puerto Rico started being mentioned?
IIRC she was very resentful that she could not go.

All those friends were traveling around to cool places--NY, Boston, California, all over the place...Casey's never been anywhere, really. And she'll be closeby for a long long time the way it looks.

I think that CA was also putting on a lot more pressure for KC to take responsibility for Caylee. It sounds like she felt that KC was NOT being a responsible mother and had started to see what she could do to gain custody...I think one of CA's co-workers stated this.

moo

I totally agree. I feel she had been thinking she needed to kill Caylee and done some research, but the fight with Cindy made her say "Okay, I'm going to do it now."

Also, RM's testimony today that Amy and ICA were planning to move in to GA and CA's house was interesting. I think her March "neck-breaking" "household weapons" searches may even indicate that ICA's first idea was to kill GA and CA, and "inherit" the house. Then Caylee could have talked to her heart's content.

That may have proved too risky, difficult, complicated, etc., so she settled on killing Caylee.

I am really looking forward to Amy's testimony!
I went back today and read AR (the officer that was fired for lying about dating KC) and KC IMs, she also is telling him about getting a house soon and these IMs were before Caylee died.

Oh yeah...the Peurto Rico trip she couldn't go on....

I think that CA was also putting on a lot more pressure for KC to take responsibility for Caylee. It sounds like she felt that KC was NOT being a responsible mother and had started to see what she could do to gain custody...I think one of CA's co-workers stated this.

moo

Yes, that's right!

Caylee was almost three and really beginning to verbalize.

Quetion: What could be worse for a patholgical liar like Casey?
Answer: A talking three year old.

From this child speech development page:
http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/development/language_development.shtml

36 Months:
Use pronouns I, you, me correctly
Is using some plurals and past tenses
Knows at least three prepositions, usually in, on, under
Knows chief parts of body and should be able to indicate these if not name
Handles three word sentences easily
Has in the neighborhood of 900-1000 words
About 90% of what child says should be intelligible
Verbs begin to predominate
Understands most simple questions dealing with his environment and activities
Relates his experiences so that they can be followed with reason
Able to reason out such questions as "what must you do when you are sleepy, hungry, cool, or thirsty?"
Should be able to give his sex, name, age
Should not be expected to answer all questions even though he understands what is expected

I think she killed her deliberately. Partly because she was interfering with partying and CA and GA were pressuring her to take better care of Caylee and not constantly leave her with them and partly because Caylee was beginning to speak. Like I said above---disaster to a liar like Casey...

For example:
Caylee: "Mommy, I had fun when we went to Target and the park and [insert bofriend's name] house yesterday."

Say, Caylee says this in front of a different boyfriend or her parents when Casey had told an entirely different story to them. ----that Casey had been at work or school or any number of places she and Caylee hadn't really been....

etc., etc., etc.

And if Casey were involved in or around any sort of illegal activity, that would increase her motive even more.
Hee! I just logged on intending to say this! Yes, Casey was going to get busted! And, she fell in love w/AL, and wanted to ride into the sunset with him.

I hope the prosecution mentions this somewhere (maybe in closing arguments). Also, Caylee was already getting hard to contain, opening the door, etc. When she was less ambulatory, Casey could control her.

:sick:

If I'm such a good mother why does my Mom (CA) want custody?

Hee! I just logged on intending to say this! Yes, Casey was going to get busted! And, she fell in love w/AL, and wanted to ride into the sunset with him.

I hope the prosecution mentions this somewhere (maybe in closing arguments). Also, Caylee was already getting hard to contain, opening the door, etc. When she was less ambulatory, Casey could control her.

:sick:

That's right. She couldn't just "put Caylee down" anymore.

Interesting about RM's testimony today that ICA disciplined Caylee for not getting to sleep.

My opinion is she smothered that baby on the nite of th 15th, tried to hide the body in the back yard, didnt work, cause hard to do that, put the baby in the trunk of car, carried it around for a few days, GA came to back ;of the car for gas cans. baby was there then, and she freaked and dropped baby off around the corner
I recal the search of the back yard, and the search dogs. They hit on a couple of places, but IIRC they did not hit on the pool. I think you are right, and I think the defense went with the dogs' findings, and used it for the pool theory.
:takeabow:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back