• Revenge/rage against Cindy

Votes: 83 17.2%
  • Tony didn't want a little girl around

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • more than one of the above

Votes: 366 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The state doesn't need motive. I am sure when the facts are presented the jury or the judge will have their own idea why she did this....the reason doesn't really matter but is always nice to know.

Not being a great legal-mind, I have wondered this, myself. It seems that all they need to do is present the ample evidence, rebut the defenses arguements (again, with the facts), restrain the attempts of JB (etal) to entangle, twist, and confuse, the evidence, - and let the jury come to it's own reasonable conclusions.

In this case, I really don't think the defense is capable enough to successfully employ smoke and mirrors, the prosecution inept enough to blow the case, or a jury stupid enough to be manipulated.

people with a belief in God are apt to feel that caylee is fine now and better off b/c they believe that she is with the Lord and therefore safe now from any further suffering that it seems would surely have come her way.
i believe in God and think that while it is a tragedy beyond measure that this child was born into the anthony family and likely murdered by her own mother (that's my belief) - never knew a normal caring upbringing and never had the opportunity to have children of her own and know the joy of raising them, i also think that she is with the Lord and surrounded by His love, peace and joy.
i suppose this could be called, 'fine and better off', but i do not mean in any way to belittle what happened to this precious child. i don't believe that anyone at all on this site does. i think PotatoHead's words here are very wise. the posters here on WS, are wonderful, decent and amazing people. i have great respect for all of them, and i hope that while some of you, like JaneInOz may not like what others say in regards to any possible afterlife, you understand that it is in no way meant to offend you or make less of what this poor child went through in her short life.

DITTO, - the end.....

That's what I thought too, not much communication from the family to help Caylee with words.

My very first thought, the very first time I saw the video of Caylee reading her book at the nursing home, was "This is a child nobody talks to." If children aren't talked to, they don't articulate much, and they don't articulate clearly.

As I watched more of the video, I was horrified to see that nobody was interacting with Caylee. Such a delightful child, happy and well-behaved (especially for a two year old being sat on a chair in a nursing home), and nobody was engaging her.

MOO

I thought the video showed a lovely active young child with an amazing grasp of language skills. And she could sing, too!

the older Caylee got, the more competition she was to Casey imo
Jesse said one reason she broke things off with him was because she thought he loved Caylee more than her!
When Caylee was a small baby Casey got a lot of attention and she had a doll to play dress up with etc, an older child needs much more and yes they begin to speak and in time that would mean tattling.
The newness had worn off and mom & dad were spending money on Caylee instead of on her. Remember how her eyes lit up when she heard how much the reward was for Caylee, stating "thats half my bond"

imo Caylee had become the scapegoat for everything wrong in her mothers life, she was holding her back from all the wonderful things she wanted. One of my sisters had a baby at a very young age and talked later about things that did not happen for her because of having the baby, in her mind she really believed that if she had not had the baby, she would have become Miss America! Now she had never been in a pagent, had no real talent that I can think of to have showcased, and while she was attractive, she was not a true beauty, but in her mind she was.

Casey now is still blaming Caylee for everything that has gone wrong, she will never accept that she caused any of it herself. It's "that little girls" fault she's sitting in jail!

VB

As a mother, I thought she spoke in a way that would be appropriate for a two year old. I don't think we've seen enough video to make a judgement call, though. IF she was at all delayed, it's not that unusual to be a bit inarticulate if she was hitting her physical milestones early.

Not saying anyone is wrong--I just don't think we can base it off that video. She sang pretty clearly for that age.

I don't know. She was a beautiful, well-kept looking child that had books and toys and people who cared enough to seemingly document every cute moment in photos. We've heard from so many people who say that she was an active, lively, happy child. It's not like the McCann case where it seems like pulling teeth to hear anything from people who knew Madeleine.

As for the poll, I need an "all of the above" option, LOL. I think Caylee was getting too big to keep all of Casey's secrets. She couldn't go out all the time if Caylee might blab about where she was during all of the fun. I think maybe CA used Caylee's custody as a weapon, and although Casey might appreciate the freedom, she hated the control.

Plus, she was probably tired of making up excuses to Tony and feared if she kept it up, he'd figure it all out.

My very first thought, the very first time I saw the video of Caylee reading her book at the nursing home, was "This is a child nobody talks to." If children aren't talked to, they don't articulate much, and they don't articulate clearly.

ITA. My daughter is only 7 days older than Caylee and at 18 month had a 200 word vocabulary (we stopped counting after that). At 3 years old she is very articulate, processes ideas and thought patterns and is able to convey thoughts, ideas, concerns and empathy, talks constantly, sings, you get the idea.

We talked to and interacted with our daughter almost constantly. One of us was always home, usually by ourselves with her. We've always talked to our animals to keep ourselves company and we talked to our daughter to engage her in our daily activities. Some days we pay the price for that. Like yesterday when she talked non-stop from the time she woke up to the time she went to bed. Which wouldn't be so bad except that she's in the "why" stage. :bang:

She may have been adequately cared for by KC (fed, bathed, etc) but I doubt KC had much quality interaction with her. IMO it was mostly done by CA and GA. It seems like such a shame.

Casey lives her life as a self absorbed drama queen, Caylee drew the spotlight off of her. The child appeared to be used as a pawn in Cindy and Casey's power struggles. Basically Caylee cramped moms style when the built in babysitter (Cindy) told her to leave. Goes to motive..

I thought Caylee was pretty amazing for her age. She seemed to be adequately articulate and spoke well. She could remember and sing a complete song. It was reported by more than one person that she could count in Spanish. In the nurshing home video, it broke my heart when she looked up and said "you tired papa"? That sweet little face. As for the poll, I voted Rage/Revenge. From day one, I've said Casey did this to spite her mother. I really believe that.

I agree with you completely. She spoke like a child of about 1 l/2. My two kids could form complete sentences when they were 2 (short but complete).
Almost as if nobody ever communicated with her.

My daughter is 1 week older than Caylee and this summer in June.. she would say things like:
"My daddy sits on the pot." (told to the babysitter)
"Can I have some, please?"
"I wanna go to the playpark."
We went to the "movieater" (new word for theater)

In the video I do not think it was clear enough to hear everything she was saying... she evidently was "reading" the book back as told to her. So her memory would be to the point that if asked, "Honey, what did you do today?" Her answer could have easily been "Mommy and I went shopping." "We went to the park."

The truth is Caylee's language was developing rapidly as it usually does at this age. Casey knew she only would get older and know more and eighteen years is A LONG TIME to a 22 year old mom.

I agree with you completely. She spoke like a child of about 1 l/2.

There is a big difference between 18 months and the examples you cited in reference to a two year old.

My oldest son is 20 months tomorrow. He has a pretty sizeable vocabulary. He's fairly advanced in the sense that he can count to 15, knows his colors and shapes, etc. However, he doesn't speak all of his single words clearly. He doesn't speak in full sentences. He'll say stuff like "geen car" or "boo boat."

He's in the middle of the typical "language explosion." He gets more words every day.

He cannot sing a whole song. Caylee said "Are you tired, papa?" He can't do that. That's a milestone for a child closer to Caylee's age. Pronouns, all that. I'm not saying she was advanced, but considering I'm around kids of this age group a lot--it didn't raise any red flags with me.

'

I don't think it was just because Caylee might talk .. and reveal lies, etc., if it were that, KC could have just let C and G keep her, adopt her, or whatever. It had to be more.

Something against her parents, who knows if it were Cindy, George or both.
Or something else ...

In KC small pea brain by killing Caylee she was free to do whatever she wanted to do without control of Cindy Freedom......

I think it was all of the multiple choices. I think KC was just spiraling out of control. She probably convinced herself that all the problems in her life started once Caylee entered it. And she put an end to that.

I agree. I was surprised she was so close to her 3rd birthday after seeing that video and other videos.

I have a barely 3 year old grandson whose speech and vocabulary are so far surpasses hers it is very noticeable. He speaks with full articulated sentences correct grammar and voice inflection without the hesitations I heard in her voice.

It appears she was only around adults, which makes her lack of vocabulary and good speech patterns even stranger to me. Abused children many times have developmental delays in speech, so it makes me wonder what really went on when KC was alone with that child.

Bold by me. I agree.

Our 3 year old nephew barely spoke and he was in an abusive situation with a very personality disordered mom. His mother was having an affair among other things and told him to keep quiet (one of the few things he did say when the whole thing came out was to put his index finger over his mouth and say "mommy said 'shhhh' .") The Lord only knows how she reinforced that behind closed doors.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if KC tried to frighten Caylee into silence long before her death. And what part the duct tape may have played in the end is a horrible thought.

There is a big difference between 18 months and the examples you cited in reference to a two year old.My oldest son is 20 months tomorrow. He has a pretty sizeable vocabulary. He's fairly advanced in the sense that he can count to 15, knows his colors and shapes, etc. However, he doesn't speak all of his single words clearly. He doesn't speak in full sentences. He'll say stuff like "geen car" or "boo boat."

He's in the middle of the typical "language explosion." He gets more words every day.

He cannot sing a whole song. Caylee said "Are you tired, papa?" He can't do that. That's a milestone for a child closer to Caylee's age. Pronouns, all that. I'm not saying she was advanced, but considering I'm around kids of this age group a lot--it didn't raise any red flags with me.

'

I agree with you...

My oldest in 24(g) and my youngest is 3(g) 1 week older than Caylee. :eek:
Caylee is right in line with her speech patterns. My oldest was able to sing "You are my sunshine" at age 2 years old and my youngest just started to sing this song. However, my youngest is far more articulate and uses more words in a sentence.
I was a young mom just like Casey... age 22 with a 2-3 year old and a mom at age 44 with a 3 year old. I am much more patient and spend alot more time reading and board games with my youngest.. I do not have the strength and stamina that I did with my first - we did alot of physical stuff like the playground.

I see nothing unusual in Caylee's behavior the day before at the nursing home.

I don't think it was just because Caylee might talk .. and reveal lies, etc., if it were that, KC could have just let C and G keep her, adopt her, or whatever. It had to be more.

Or something else ...
I think in her mind she couldn't give up the baby to the A's because that would make her look too bad in their eyes. She could never admit to them that she didn't want Caylee and just wanted to be free as they would think she was a terrible person/mother and that horribly disfunctional family relationship she has never been without would have ended.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if KC tried to frighten Caylee into silence long before her death. And what part the duct tape may have played in the end is a horrible thought.
This is the thought that bothers me the most. Even if Caylee was not at the point to verbalize exactly what was going on, it would have soon emerged. What exactly was KC doing all of this time that she was supposedly working and what did she do with or to Caylee? With George and Cindy working, and even in KC slipped back home when no one was around, eventually something would have been said (by Caylee) about their whereabouts. My daughter is 2 1/2 and can absolutely tell me where she spent the day.
No one seems to be able to answer that question. What grandparent could believe that lie for 2 years?

Or something else ...

that's what she said she would do but she "said" a lot of things. That would be an admission of failure ==> not in her makeup imo.

As an Early Childhood and Elem. Educ. teacher, I can tell you that there is nothing wrong with Caylee's language developement according to what I observed during a 45 second video clip, and actually it would be virtually impossible for anyone to say there is a problem. All children develope differently, and at different ages. I have a 5 year old and an almost 4 year old, and they spoke at completely different levels at specific ages. To assume that she wasnt developing properly, based on a 45 second video clip, is IMO absurd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera
Back