MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a 21 yr carry a gun on a date unless your paranoid or in a high crime area or want to look like a big tough guy. I don’t like guns only if he was an off duty police officer I would be ok with it.

Why would he be toting a gun if it wasn’t planned?

I agree. He may well have carried one all of the time in the glove compartment or on him, I would think more likely in the glove compartment--if it was on him, I definitely think it was a plan. If he had to go to the vehicle to retrieve it, he also had time to think twice. However, some thoughts depend on where she was killed. If it was in his vehicle that he shot her eight times, and we don't know, that is one thing. If it was, his truck is a total and obvious crime scene with eight shots. If it was outside and he had to go retrieve it, that changes my thoughts as well.

I lean towards he planned on killing her when they left town if she would not agree to what he likely wanted.

We have a lot unknown.

All jmo.

Why would a 21 yr carry a gun on a date unless your paranoid or in a high crime area or want to look like a big tough guy. I don’t like guns only if he was an off duty police officer I would be ok with it.

My guesses: Act like a hardass, try to impress people. Anyone can pull a trigger, even little children. He ain't tough.

I agree. He may well have carried one all of the time in the glove compartment or on him, I would think more likely in the glove compartment--if it was on him, I definitely think it was a plan. If he had to go to the vehicle to retrieve it, he also had time to think twice. However, some thoughts depend on where she was killed. If it was in his vehicle that he shot her eight times, and we don't know, that is one thing. If it was, his truck is a total and obvious crime scene with eight shots. If it was outside and he had to go retrieve it, that changes my thoughts as well.

I lean towards he planned on killing her when they left town if she would not agree to what he likely wanted.

We have a lot unknown.

All jmo.
I agree. He appeared to have no remorse with his odd tweets after she was already dead.

And it looked like some sort of abandoned cabin right there when they panned the camera. At least it looked dilapidated and had some sort of "posted" sign on it.
We talked about this yesterday early in the thread. The building is a fishing camp, not abandoned but not intended for constant use. The lake is created by an Army Corps of Engineers dam for flood control so the level rises and falls based on the need to hold water back from the Mississippi River & the Delta. Now it is high because the whole Lower Mississippi system is high. When the lake is low a lot of the current lake bottom is exposed and people drive ATVs in the mud. It’s summer so people go down there to fish, drink, smoke, take drugs, make out, and/or the other things that people do in secluded places with water and woods. It’s the kind of place young people go to do what they wouldn’t do in a more public place. All those things make it a spot for the deputy to check out as he is driving around.

“I know my son is innocent:" Father of man accused in murder of Ally Kostial releases statement

Brandon’s father Dr. Daniel Theesfeld released a statement to WMC’s Kendall Downing saying:

“I know my son is innocent. And I have reasons to believe that I can’t share anything now. But I would ask everybody to please give him the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.”

“I know my son is innocent:" Father of man accused in murder of Ally Kostial releases statement

So sad.....

Police have not released details about how Theesfeld and Kostial knew each other, if they did.

They followed each other on Twitter.

Theesfeld’s 20-year-old sister is in the same University of Mississippi sorority chapter that Kostial was a founding member of, Alpha Phi.

One of Kostial’s close friends wrote on Twitter, “He harassed her for years, took advantage of her for years, I spent countless nights holding Ally close drying her tears about this monster for years.

You deserve hell you disgusting excuse for a human. #JusticeForAlly You will never diminish her sunshine.”

Brandon Theesfeld: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

This is all just horrendous, my heart breaks for Ally and all who loved her.

We don’t know many facts yet but this case seriously reminds me of UT student Colton Pitonyak and the beautiful woman he killed in a drug and alcohol haze. Privileged kid got far into drugs and shot and butchered his dear friend in a bout of hysteria and paranoia. I can’t make sense of what happened to Ally except for if drugs were involved, not just alcohol.

Last edited:
I had just assumed that they meant she was a founding member of the Ole Miss Chapter.
The Ole Miss chapter of Alpha Phi was founded in 2015. I believe AK graduated high school in 2016, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: TRB
Did he have a troubled past? Was he ever arrested, do we know? I haven't seen any reports of that yet, in msm.
What we know is he had to leave Fort Worth Country Day and was sent to a Baptist boarding school a few hundred miles from home. Reportedly for academics but if it really was only academics, there are plenty of other schools for a rich underachiever in Dallas-Fort Worth. Being sent off to a church run boarding school cannot have been his choice.

I don't think its really that odd. From what I understand, this area was frequented by locals and college students for partying. So it would make sense for a deputy to do a routine patrol through there occasionally just to take a look.
You are correct. Sardis Lake tends to be quite a popular spot, especially during warmer summer months. In fact, a bar was built last summer out in Sardis called "Rafters on the Water".

You are correct. Sardis Lake tends to be quite a popular spot, especially during warmer summer months. In fact, a bar was built last summer out in Sardis called "Rafters on the Water".
The bar is the area of Sardis closest to oxford.

Where Ally was found was on the north side of the lake. A few students, mostly outdoorsmen or women might go up there but oxford side of Sardis was definitely where most students would frequent.

We talked about this yesterday early in the thread. The building is a fishing camp, not abandoned but not intended for constant use. The lake is created by an Army Corps of Engineers dam for flood control so the level rises and falls based on the need to hold water back from the Mississippi River & the Delta. Now it is high because the whole Lower Mississippi system is high. When the lake is low a lot of the current lake bottom is exposed and people drive ATVs in the mud. It’s summer so people go down there to fish, drink, smoke, take drugs, make out, and/or the other things that people do in secluded places with water and woods. It’s the kind of place young people go to do what they wouldn’t do in a more public place. All those things make it a spot for the deputy to check out as he is driving around.
That makes sense why a LEO found her while on a routine drive.

jmo

What we know is he had to leave Fort Worth Country Day and was sent to a Baptist boarding school a few hundred miles from home. Reportedly for academics but if it really was only academics, there are plenty of other schools for a rich underachiever in Dallas-Fort Worth. Being sent off to a church run boarding school cannot have been his choice.
And, not to say this is true for every student who attends boarding school, but sending him away from home might have made home life easier. Speculation only, not a fact. I just have a hunch he wasn't pleasant to be around. imo

jmo

The Ole Miss chapter of Alpha Phi was founded in 2015. I believe AK graduated high school in 2016, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, I'm not sure but it might depend on a few things to do with numbers of members acquired during a time period. Newer chapters may or may not meet numbers during the initial phase. But I am really not certain of that. It really doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kudo-magician179