MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Curious if it is widely known locally why no reports yet? I’m sure there is a back story but this is a tragic case of murder - the “why” is always important IMO

There is a local story, but we can't talk about it or reference it due to WS rules. Hopefully, LE will publicly include the motive soon, and we won't have to wait til Christmas.

I live in oxford. My husband and I went to ole miss. My son just graduated and my daughter is a rising senior. They both knew Ally. Neither knew the boy. I applaud the police for being tight lipped as long as they did, they knew almost immediately who did this to Ally.

Greek life has made great strides at ole miss. The social clubs are more diverse than ever and the university really tries to make sure they are as productive and as safe as possible. It’s no better or worse than any other university with Greek life.
I went to Ole Miss and so did my daughter. Article said he was arrested in South Memphis...wonder if her was coming here to get rid of the gun and make it look like someone here did it?? He was in a bad part of town.

I think impulsive, and maybe he thought he would have time to flee before they found her, or thou

Hmm. If the reason I’ve heard for him killing her is true, she wasn’t rejecting him, but perhaps rather trying to hold him accountable for something.
That is what I heard too...holding him accountable...

BTW, newbie locals, if you see comments on news stories with interesting info about the crime it is within WS terms of svc for you to post a link to it here. We can't discuss it, but then more people will know what is going on.

ETA, just post the link and say something like "interesting comments here."

Last edited:
My frustration might stem mostly from the fact that it’s widely known locally what the story is and why it happened - there aren’t multiple possibilities floating around - every story is the same. But none of that can be shared. So when I read a post going in a wrong direction, I can’t say or try to clarify. Although I’d rather this situation to one where there is no end in sight - only questions and no answers.
You cannot personally diagnose without evaluating. But you can generally tell if someone is suffering from cluster B disorders, especially of the narcissistic type. I am not here to diagnose or treat. I am here to better try to understand how one moves into violence in an effort to try to prevent further victims. There is a group of us who under the radar are trying to come up with a new system of dealing with individuals displaying many red flags of people who will go on to commit horribly violent acts. Right now our system is broken. And moms and children are being killed because until the perp commits an act there is nothing that can really be done besides pushing some paper "restraining orders" which do not work. Most of my work is done with individuals who have not become violent (yet). Thankfully, many of my cases will not go on to commit violence. I just took on a case of a male who is charged with several violent crimes, none of which involved family members so in our broken system he is not deemed a danger to his young child or ex-wife. We are still in the very early evaluating stage. If anything I learn from following cases here can help me even in a small way with cases in real life I do not think that is a bad thing. It is not unusual for professionals to reach out to each other to help understand certain cases. We throw out diagnoses without meeting the patient/client. We brain storm really complex cases. I have guardian ad litems reach out to me because of my expertise in childhood trauma and family systems to help them with their recommendations. I have not met any of the players involved in their cases but they are able to share collateral information with me and I am able to give a professional opinion. Kind of like how there are expert witnesses in cases. This is just on a much more casual level.
Thanks for response. I wish you success

Greg Coy‏Verified account @GCoyFOX13
The last few minutes of freedom for accused killer Brandon Theesfeld. Coming up ⁦@FOX13Memphis#5Pm how an ⁦@MEM_PoliceDept⁩ officer played a big role in his capture

EAMEmKnWwAMKFAg.jpg

1:56 PM - 23 Jul 2019 pst

#DevelopingNow The moments accused killer Brandon Theesfeld is caught by MPD ⁦@FOX13Memphis#5PM how law enforcement tracked him from Oxford, MS to South Memphis

EAMPix4VAAIZJ0b.jpg

2:44 PM - 23 Jul 2019 pst

The interstate awaited accused killer Brandon Theesfeld but @MEM_PoliceDept caught him. @FOX13Memphis #6PM how law enforcement tracked him to South Memphis

EAMWgaZU0AA6OqK.jpg

3:15 PM - 23 Jul 2019 pst

BTW, newbie locals, if you see comments on news stories with interesting info about the crime it is within WS terms of svc for you to post a link to it here. We can't discuss it, but then more people will know what is going on.
I didn’t take a screenshot of the comments I read here locally but I will try to find them. I didn’t know I could post anything that wasn’t verified so thank you for letting me know!

There is a local story, but we can't talk about it or reference it due to WS rules. Hopefully, LE will publicly include the motive soon, and we won't have to wait til Christmas.

That's not true. A verified insider can post the "local story" on the thread, and answer questions. If you qualify, I encourage you to seek this designation and not drop hints that can't be discussed.

Also, the "local story" without WS approved source can be discussed with up to 20 members off the thread. ;)

ETA, just post the link and say something like "interesting comments here."
There were some very interesting comments under the dailymail.com article. It suggested other interesting info on other sites that I am about to look for...Reddit was mentioned.

I didn’t take a screenshot of the comments I read here locally but I will try to find them. I didn’t know I could post anything that wasn’t verified so thank you for letting me know!

Just to be clear, you cannot post screen shots of public comments!

However, for example, if you read comments after fox13 memphis arrest story that you found relevant, you can post "interesting comments on fox13" with link to fox13 site.

This works. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member