MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Father of slain Ole Miss student shares old photo and a message on day of vigil
snipped
Keith Kostial posted a photo of his daughter as a little girl on Facebook Thursday, writing that "This is one of my all-time favorite pics."

He also posted a message of thanks on Facebook for the comforting words the family has received since her death.

"We are speechless from the amount of love and support that has been expressed and wish we could respond to each and every one of you,'' he wrote. "We thank you for all your prayers, blessings and kind words."

Police arrested fellow University of Mississippi student BT, 22, on Monday morning at a Memphis gas station 80 miles away and charged him with murder. AK was found on July 20 with eight gunshot wounds, sources close to the investigation told NBC affiliate WLBT.

67339015_694334317679158_8598516482118254592_n.jpg

Has there been any comment or anything from his mother?
No haven’t seen anything from mother or sisters. But if the dormmate below is to be believed then I suspect he had mommy issues. Most guys who are older brothers to younger sisters learn how to treat women well. The fact this guy is an older brother to 2 younger sisters and as described has no respect for women leads me to believe he didn’t have much of a relationship with the women in his family. JMHO of course.

Former neighbor of Ole Miss student charged in Ally Kostial's death says suspect 'had no respect for women'

< modsnip - rumor unless a link from MSM is provided>
My theory is that she arrived home from the uber and likely had been texting with Brandon all night. Once she arrived home, he lured her to meet him somewhere to "talk". Things went south afterwards...

Last edited by a moderator:
A motion to deny bond to Brandon Theesfeld has been filed by District Attorney Ben Creekmore. Reports surfaced Thursday night that Creekmore had filed the motion to deny the 22-year-old bail, who is facing a murder charge in the death of Ally Kostial.

The motion was filed earlier in the week, ahead of Theesfeld’s initial court appearance, according to co-counsel Tony Farese.

“They did that initially with their standard request at the beginning before the agreement to not hear the bond hearing until a later date,” Farese told the EAGLE on Friday morning.

[...]

Officials at the Lafayette County Courthouse told the EAGLE on Friday morning the case file has since been sealed. The Associated Press reported Theesfeld’s case will be heard by a grand jury. The final grand jury meeting in Lafayette County this year will take place Aug. 27 through 30, but it is not known if this case will be presented during that period.

https://www.oxfordeagle.com/2019/07/26/district-attorney-filed-motion-to-deny-theesfeld-bond/

A motion to deny bond to Brandon Theesfeld has been filed by District Attorney Ben Creekmore. Reports surfaced Thursday night that Creekmore had filed the motion to deny the 22-year-old bail, who is facing a murder charge in the death of Ally Kostial.

The motion was filed earlier in the week, ahead of Theesfeld’s initial court appearance, according to co-counsel Tony Farese.

“They did that initially with their standard request at the beginning before the agreement to not hear the bond hearing until a later date,” Farese told the EAGLE on Friday morning.

[...]

Officials at the Lafayette County Courthouse told the EAGLE on Friday morning the case file has since been sealed. The Associated Press reported Theesfeld’s case will be heard by a grand jury. The final grand jury meeting in Lafayette County this year will take place Aug. 27 through 30, but it is not known if this case will be presented during that period.

https://www.oxfordeagle.com/2019/07/26/district-attorney-filed-motion-to-deny-theesfeld-bond/
Why would it be sealed?

The grand jury is more than a month away. Sealing case so early also means no warrants, arrest affidavit, autopsy, etc. released to public. MOO
Right. But why? Doesn’t This go against public’s rights? He’s not a minor, he’s not high profile, and there’s no threat to public so why the seal here?

Right. But why? Doesn’t This go against public’s rights? He’s not a minor, he’s not high profile, and there’s no threat to public so why the seal here?
Hmmm my only thought would be to protect the future integrity of a jury. It'll be hard enough finding an impartial jury in such a small town. Heck, it might even get moved to another county.

Hmmm my only thought would be to protect the future integrity of a jury. It'll be hard enough finding an impartial jury in such a small town. Heck, it might even get moved to another county.
There’s a ton of small town murder trials and cases aren’t sealed. I just Hope this is to Protect the victim here and not the perp.

The grand jury is more than a month away. Sealing case so early also means no warrants, arrest affidavit, autopsy, etc. released to public. MOO
When you think about it, most of the details that have been made public came from the City of Oxford (Friday night video), from Memphis (arrest pics and details), and from reporters following up on leaks (Lakeside Market), but very little has been shared by Lafayette County, which is in charge of the case.

There’s a ton of small town murder trials and cases aren’t sealed. I just Hope this is to Protect the victim here and not the perp.
IMO, both. I've noticed a very protective attitude about the victim - like the situation needs to be kept shushed. And I'm sure the defense is pleased with it being sealed too.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member