MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope LE is IDing every single person who was in that bar. I agree with Seattle1 & others. She was avoiding someone. Stalker? Ex? Bully? Adversary? Acquaintance that made her uncomfortable! One of her classmates? One of her fitness patrons? Someone she recognized & didn’t want to deal with imo.
Phone records? Ugh

Last edited:
I don’t know about MS-13 but I know from the Jessica Chambers case that there is a lot of gang activity in general in MS.

Being shot 8 times and left where she was easily found would fit gang activity, in my opinion, but I’m no expert.

I feel so heartbroken for her family. I have a teenage, blonde, blue-eyed Alexandria, and you know how it hits harder when there’s something about the victim that is familiar. So so sad.

It looks like Therese Apel, who covered Jessica's case, is covering this one as well. She's a great reporter. Her Twitter handle is @TRex21.

A fanciful, possibly unlikely speculation keeps jumping into my brain. It may be far fetched, but it might fit the few facts that we know.

Perhaps a jealous girlfriend thinks the victim was getting too close to her boyfriend. A jealous love triangle of some kind?

So the jealous gf uses her boyfriends cell, to lure the victim to a dark parking lot somewhere?

AK thinks she is meeting up with her crush but instead, she is confronted by a jealous girlfriend armed with a gun?
It's happened before. Too many times.

May I ask why? Not sure I understand your line of thinking.
I’m probably wrong but it appears like a rage killing and overkill it’s just a gut feeling. It could be a guy also. AK is extremely pretty and well liked. females can be extremely jealous and envious of girls like that like Tammy Moorer in the Heather Elvis case. Also in the Diane Zamora and David Graham case. Perhaps a jealous woman of someone she’s dating or dated or even a guy stalking her.

MOO As a former college professor at UM and member of community let me say - You can’t always tell the difference between a gang member and a college student. A lot of different people mix in and around bars on the Square. You can’t judge by appearances. May have nothing to to do with case but is something to be considered.

I’m getting a Missy Beavers feeling with this case. Perhaps someone she was teaching in her fitness class was envious of her. Definitely overkill/personal 8 shots?
IMO.

I find it strange that someone would drive all the way around the lake down a secluded road to an even more secluded dirt road and then leave the body right by the road where the deputy could see it from his car. The crime scene tape in the TV video was right by the road. The fact that he/she/they didn't throw the body in the lake or take it farther from the road is almost as if he/she/they wanted the body to be found quickly. Even though it is a secluded dirt road, it is summer so people are going to go down to the lake to fish, swim, take drugs, make out, etc., and the deputy knows to check out that spot for trouble.

Being shot 8 times sounds personal to me. Someone was enraged. Imo

If she crossed a gang member or even if she was a victim of some gang initiation, seems they would just want her dead (sorry to type that) and not the overkill of 8 shots.
Gang members here in Cali usually only shoot and kill other gang members.

I know locals go to college bars but not a place I thought gang members would hang out.Biker bars and dives come to mind,where they can get wild if they choose to. Unless they're in there to sell drugs

I find it strange that someone would drive all the way around the lake down a secluded road to an even more secluded dirt road and then leave the body right by the road where the deputy could see it from his car. The crime scene tape in the TV video was right by the road. The fact that he/she/they didn't throw the body in the lake or take it farther from the road is almost as if he/she/they wanted the body to be found quickly. Even though it is a secluded dirt road, it is summer so people are going to go down to the lake to fish, swim, take drugs, make out, etc., and the deputy knows to check out that spot for trouble.

I believe Buford Ridge was a comfort zone to the killer(s).

The Uber driver alleged killer of Samantha J also dumped her body in a seemingly inconvenient, remote field where she was located by turkey hunters. This area was home to him.

Killers seldom leave their comfort zone. MOO

I’m just reading this thread. The town in the title appears to be spelled wrong? How do we get that fixed? Should be Harmontown?

First impressions:

The lake/dumping ground had significance. I wonder if she went there with someone that associated it with a significant memory or event.

Didn’t hide the body or a patrol officer would not have spotted it on a drive by. So... not an ex boyfriend or someone that would be suspected by others. A stranger? Or acquaintance? Either crime of opp from going to mini-mart type thing or new interest others would not have known about yet.

Horrible. I’m sick & tired of young college women encountering evil.
Sardis Lake is a popular spot for Ole Miss students to go to, especially during the summer. There is also a bar called Rafters on the Water located at Sardis that is only open during the warmer months of the year.

I hope LE is IDing every single person who was in that bar. I agree with Seattle1 & others. She was avoiding someone. Stalker? Ex? Bully? Adversary? Acquaintance that made her uncomfortable? One of her classmates? One of her fitness patrons? Someone she recognized & didn’t want to deal with imo.
Luckily they will have every person that went to the bar accounted for. In Oxford, bars located on The Square are required to have bouncers scan every persons ID using police issued ID scanners before they can enter the bar.

Maybe something spooked them before they finished the task of dragging her out of sight? They heard a car or saw headlights somewhere and just dumped her and ran?

It is definitely a brazen act to leave her on the side of the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bman1986