MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has already been posted but here is more info.
[Located on the Little Tallahatchie River, Sardis Lake is a 98,520-acre water resource development project occupying parts of three North Mississippi counties. The dam site is nine miles southeast of the town of Sardis,] sbm
Sardis Lake
Chi

Have been following since the news broke.
Super familiar with Sardis Lake and, as reported, it is not a spot an Ole Miss student from out of state would frequent.
I'm so very sorry for her family.
It was on the local Memphis news this morning that she was shot. 8 times. This seems personal to me.
Will continue to follow :(
Chi
This was not my experience- I was from out of state and I went to Sardis a couple times. It was usually with rural guys who love hunting/fishing/"mudding" in their trucks. IMO she either got picked up and they went out there together... or she got dumped there.

I would think it should be pretty easy for LE to talk to her friends/roommates and see if she had been seeing anyone, or dating, or had any problems etc.. Friends usually have a lot of information that her family wouldn't. Also I agree that the fact she went home, then back out would lead me to believe she either 1. forgot her ID, which would explain the showing up at the bar door and then leaving, and needed to go home and get it, or 2. went home, then got a text, or snap or whatever, and went out to meet someone. Should be somewhat of a digital trail. Being shot 8 times is odd. Could be a rage killing by someone who really hated her. Did they recover her phone?

A lot of people who enjoy fishing.
Back when we had a boat we'd go there.
It's a party spot, especially in warm weather.
The water is high now due to heavy rains.
The local news and comments on msm from her father say that she would have no reason to be near Sardis Lake.
It probably had to be someone local IMO.
I also can't see AK being involved in anything shady at all.
Chi
Is your hunch she was dumped there after being killed elsewhere rather than her going there with somebody?

Or maybe someone brought her there against her will, ordered her out of the car, and killed her?

I think you're right that the perp was local and knew that area.

jmo

It seems like an odd time of night to choose to go out to such an area which would lead me to believe she was more likely dumped there. Had she been missing for a few days, I would consider it more probable she may have been with someone out in this lake area. However, with having been known to be in town just hours earlier, why would one take a ride out there either with someone or by herself after midnight? Unless it was with someone who stayed/lived there of course that perhaps she was seeing or a friend who lived out there she left a bar with, etc...

Jmo.

This was not my experience- I was from out of state and I went to Sardis a couple times. It was usually with rural guys who love hunting/fishing/"mudding" in their trucks. IMO she either got picked up and they went out there together... or she got dumped there.

I will add to this that the water is really high out there right now according to my sources and that the areas typically used by for ATV's for mudding is full of water. They typically go when the water is a very low level.

So many questions right now. Right now, based on the location, I would agree its probably someone local, but not totally convinced. Lots of college guys go out driving around exploring for various reasons. That the body seems to have been dumped just off the road seems odd. Take her out to the lake, but make little effort to hide the body. Was she dressed? Shot with what? pistol? rifle? Shooting leaves ballistic evidence behind. Could this be a random thrill killing? Her going home, but then going back out would lead me to believe not.

This runs counter to the usual narrative we hear for young coeds found dead. Usually it’s they are missing then found deceased having been sexually assaulted, then stabbed or strangled.
No sexual assault I’m aware of here, and being shot 8 times is not only overkill but way out of the ordinary for this type of crime in my opinion. Very strange.

From the link:

"An arrest has been made with a charge of murder by the Lafayette County Sheriffs Department. Brandon Theesfeld, 22, who was booked at 3:45 p.m. on Monday, is being held at the Lafayette County Detention Center.

Next to Theesfeld’s name, “hold” was written under the charge line in the jail docket. However, the word was crossed out Tuesday morning, and written above it in bold letters was the word 'murder.'”

Is your hunch she was dumped there after being killed elsewhere rather than her going there with somebody?

Or maybe someone brought her there against her will, ordered her out of the car, and killed her?

I think you're right that the perp was local and knew that area.

jmo
BBM

I don't know if I would that far just yet on a local. Could be but perp wouldn't have to be a local to know that area. The lake draws people in from a decent radius for recreational living. Many, many of the students will know that area as well as many from miles away. I know people who live in Tennessee who come there to fish and some have owned property there.

BBM

I don't know if I would that far just yet on a local. Could be but perp wouldn't have to be a local to know that area. The lake draws people in from a decent radius for recreational living. Many, many of the students will know that area as well as many from miles away. I know people who live in Tennessee who come there to fish and some have owned property there.
Well, things are moving quickly....looks like they caught the perp.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member