MS MS - Bay St Louis, WhtFem 37-42, UP2841, no teeth, 'black lung', emphysema, chron bronchitis, May'98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Poor woman. She had numerous small hydatid cysts in her oviducts. Hydatid cysts are caused from a parasite that is accidentally ingested when consuming contaminated/unsanitary food. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/178ufms.html The tapeworm thing is depressing.

Without seeing the postmortem, it is hard to tell if she had significant gray hair and how long her hair had grown after it was colored. She is at an age, where she could have had a few grays here and there or she could have had a "wall of gray roots". It is pretty easy to get a box of dye and color hair, even for a homeless person. No mention is made on the quality of the dye job.

She was 4 miles east of the MS/LA state line on eastbound side of the road, but the Welcome Center appears to be about 2.5 miles east of the state line.

The median appears to be a large thicket of woods, so I assume she probably was not trying to cross I-10 from the westbound lane. Maybe she exited a vehicle at the MS Welcome Center and was looking for another ride? Either way it was near the state line and a ride may have ended at the Welcome Center...or something similar. MOO

I guess there is a possibility that she could have gotten a ride from state highway 607 which intersects at the Welcome Center coming from the Bay St Louis area (long route, but sometimes the only ride available takes the long route. )

This area along I-10 is heavily wooded remote and doesn't appear to have commercial establishments with the exception of the Welcome Center for miles...

(AKA..she couldn't just pop out of a gas station at a local strip mall and hop on I-10..there are none for miles

@Caring1 could you post the list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would appreciate :)
3 Missing Person exclusions:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP21591Ruth Barber
Date of Last ContactMay 31, 1984
StateMS
CountyHarrison

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2413Tiffany Sessions
Date of Last ContactFebruary 09, 1989
StateFL
CountyAlachua

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP8385Nadine Timm
Date of Last ContactNovember 16, 1965
StateIL
CountyWill

I still think that this Doe bares a striking resemblence to Nelda, but the time frame is squiffy. The saddest thing is, if it is Nelda, it seems that she was held captive, escaped and this happened to her. That is a really depressing thought.

It is possible the cysts are not the hyatid cysts caused by developing tapeworms, those rarely develop in the reproductive system but in the liver and lungs.

I believe she had Morgagni cysts (also called hyatid cysts), which are benign paraovarian cysts caused by hormonal imbalances and which are essentially harmless. Paraovarian cyst - Wikipedia

I just wanted to add that my uncle has pulmonary fibrosis/interstitial lung disease from almost 40 years of working in the heating plant at Cornell University. "Black lung" is a type of pulmonary fibrosis. He worked with both men and women during his time there.

I'm not saying that she worked at Cornell, but perhaps she worked in a similar setting such as a heating plant.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back