MS - Brandi Laurent, 29, Hancock County, 3 Aug 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Been watching this thread and glancing at her MySpace. It looks like she or someone with her password logged in on 9/28.

Drugs or no, I really feel for this woman after reading her blogs. She's been through a lot, and I hope she's OK wherever she is.

November 10th and 11th, 2007 - A search will begin for Brandi on these dates. The command center will be at the Fairgrounds at 4184 Kiln De Lisle. Search will begin at 8:30 a.m. If you are in the area or can assist, please contact cindy.wisdom@texasequusearch.org for more information. Keep Brandi and her family in your prayers during this time. Please pray for our searchers as well.

i'm not completely sure she was on drugs. for one the last post that she made on her myspace, that people who know her recognise as hers... wasn't ramblings of someone who had been up for days. also the only one that has really said she was on drugs and had been up for days was her hubby. she also was at work the day she disappeared and came home from work sick. from what i've read her friend called her and she was in bed sick. if she had been up for days and was still "up" she wouldn't have been in bed. another story her hubby said they were in bed when she decided she wanted to go out. again, if she was high on the type of drugs he was talking about.....she wouldn't have been in bed. she would have been up and about.

personally i believe he's the one claiming she was on drugs to make them think she left on her own.

From an unofficial source:

""November 10 12:15 P.M.
The body of Brandi Laurent has been found less than a mile from her home. According to Cindy Wisdom, the TES coordinator, she was found in 6-8 foot tall grass about 100 yards from the road and not buried. She was found by a horse mounted search team. The police have secured the area. DNA testing and dental checks will be done but police are 90% sure this is Brandi. She was found 45 minutes into the search. A very sad ending and my thoughts and prayers are with Brandi's family. Her husband Leo was notified by TES. He was at a soccer tournament."

Our thoughts and prayers are with Brandi's family.

That's too bad. I was hoping she was alive and had just run off. my thoughts are with her family now.

I wonder the locals didn't find the body from the quote below? She was found about a mile from her trailor park house.

"We found her about where we thought we would," said Cindy Wisdom, the search commander for Texasequusearch.

I wonder the locals didn't find the body from the quote below? She was found about a mile from her trailor park house.

"We found her about where we thought we would," said Cindy Wisdom, the search commander for Texasequusearch.
The why are they only now looking there? it seems odd that for 3 months she has been gone and the whole time she was one mile away. If hancock county LE thought she was there then why didn't they look sooner? Or did they and she was not there?

The why are they only now looking there? it seems odd that for 3 months she has been gone and the whole time she was one mile away. If hancock county LE thought she was there then why didn't they look sooner? Or did they and she was not there?

This bothers me greatly. The LE there say her disappearance was suspicious from the beginning, but yet, to my knowledge, there was no search.

Most LE is not trained on available tools and resources, such as using SAR. If the SAR is qualified and free, as many are, why not use them?

Now this family suffered the agony of not knowing for months, when they could have had an answer much sooner.

Not only that, but with time and a decomposing body, key evidence may have been lost.

It's just plain senseless.

This bothers me greatly. The LE there say her disappearance was suspicious from the beginning, but yet, to my knowledge, there was no search.

Most LE is not trained on available tools and resources, such as using SAR. If the SAR is qualified and free, as many are, why not use them?

Now this family suffered the agony of not knowing for months, when they could have had an answer much sooner.

Not only that, but with time and a decomposing body, key evidence may have been lost.

It's just plain senseless.
I am bothered about the fact that her tatoos are still visible. She should have decomposed already. i am not sure how any of that works but i would think they would not be visible anymore. maybe there is some evedince there still, who knows?

I am bothered about the fact that her tatoos are still visible. She should have decomposed already. i am not sure how any of that works but i would think they would not be visible anymore. maybe there is some evedince there still, who knows?

I don't know enough about the rate of decomposition to say, but it would make sense that if they could still identify her tattoos, then not all is gone.

Good Morning guys. I'm one county away from all of this so I'm going to give my personal opinion about LE and missing person's. But first I want to say that them finding her was VERY bittersweet for me. When I heard there was a woman missing from our area and I looked into it and started posting threads everyone got caught up in the fact that she had used Meth and seemed to ignore the fact that she was in a troubled marriage. I immediately got the feeling that she had met an untimely demise due to him and not drugs, but I tried to keep it neutral. I know not every troubled marriage leads to murder, but not every Meth user is murdered either. So, I'm happy she was found to give the family peace-and to prove FINALLY that she wasn't just another Meth head who ran off (not that I condone Meth users, I just didn't get that impression from what her family was saying). But I'm also very sad for her children and all the people who loved and missed her. I really wish she were able to see how many people truly cared about her.
Now-LE and Missing Person cases...I have lived here for over 4 years, and all though plenty of people have gone missing you don't really hear about it around here. Look on the NCMEC, there are only 10 missing children in the whole state of Mississippi, one UID (sweet Delta Dawn)-and you can pretty much forget about finding info on missing adults anywhere. Brandi is the first missing person I have seen that had any real media coverage around here and that was due to her family's dogged determination. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I think it is an issue in every local organization that would be dealing with missing persons (LE, media, etc.). Someday I hope to work to try to change this, but right now I am concentrating on finding my sister-and I have no clue as to where to begin in changing all of it.
here is a link to the story in a local paper:
http://www.sunherald.com/278/story/185403.html

Who is Delta dawn, is she the little girl found in Pascagoula?

MissieMT, if you live in MS, we need you on our Campaign for the Missing. They quite obviously need these laws in place.

MissieMT, if you live in MS, we need you on our Campaign for the Missing. They quite obviously need these laws in place.
I think Missie would do good working for the missing. She puts so much of her heart in her sisters search. I think she would be a great asset to anything with the missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back