Found Deceased MS - Brittany Crenshaw, 19, McLaurin, 16 Aug 2012 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interestingly, there is a second woman missing from the Hattiesburg area last seen on Thursday, the 16th. Older woman. Probably not connected, but very, very unusual for this small town I call home.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

And that carjacking/rape about a month back... lots of crime there since I picked up my tent and moved on. For it to be a university town, it used to be pretty crime free.

I don't get that, either. Unless some sort of evidence was left on the basket, (blood of perp) and it was taken to hide that.

I just don't think someone would have the foresight to put that much thought into things if this was a chance encounter in a laundry room. I already know who my suspect is.

And let me pose another question. Would you ask for a key to a room that is unlocked? Wouldn't you check the door first? I would. And how far was this key holder from the laundry facility? If she's on foot without a child and with a laundry basket in her hands, I can't imagine that she's going to walk far. Yet there is no report of a scream.

It's too early to tell what's up. I'm just thinking out loud. I'll wait for more facts to arrive.

And that carjacking/rape about a month back... lots of crime there since I picked up my tent and moved on. For it to be a university town, it used to be pretty crime free.

It's sad, isn't it? Most of my family lives in either north Forrest County, or south, but those areas have traditionally been safe, as well. Brooklyn (the community more often referred to than McClaurin) has always been a rural, but safe place.

I just don't think someone would have the foresight to put that much thought into things if this was a chance encounter in a laundry room. I already know who my suspect is.

And let me pose another question. Would you ask for a key to a room that is unlocked? Wouldn't you check the door first? I would. And how far was this key holder from the laundry facility? If she's on foot without a child and with a laundry basket in her hands, I can't imagine that she's going to walk far. Yet there is no report of a scream.

It's too early to tell what's up. I'm just thinking out loud. I'll wait for more facts to arrive.

The article said it was 100 yards? Maybe the owner was closer to Brittany's RV, so she asked her for the key before she walked the farther distance to the laundry facility? Like, maybe she had walked there before, it had been locked, and she had to return and ask for the key. This time, she asked for the key, and the owner said it's already unlocked?

This is strangely similar to Niqui McCowan's story, that ironically was on TV just last week!! Last seen at laundromat, engaged to be married, one child. Disappeared, and everyone blamed fiance. Long story short, it was an old coworker of hers. When her vehicle was located, months later, her still folded laundry was in it.

http://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/mis_marilyn_niqui_mccown.htm

It's sad, isn't it? Most of my family lives in either north Forrest County, or south, but those areas have traditionally been safe, as well. Brooklyn (the community more often referred to than McClaurin) has always been a rural, but safe place.

That latest WDAM article says that they are going to drag the lake... hope they do it today.

They won't have to look far for search and rescue people, when they begin that, with Shelby sitting in the parking lot, huh?

My dad works at Shelby, and has for years. I'm hoping for more info later. Trouble with posting is that WS requires media links, and that's just gonna be hard to come by!

On foot, AND with a leg brace and crutches, according to one report. She may not have had to use the crutches constantly, but if she's got a leg problem, she's going to minimize her walking.

I think the laundry is right there at the convenience store. Might be a separate building, but right there. The trailer park is kind of behind the convenience store. And all of it is surrounded by hundreds of acres of pine forests.

I'll see if I can do a street view (doubt it) or at least a sat grab of the area.

My dad works at Shelby, and has for years. I'm hoping for more info later. Trouble with posting is that WS requires media links, and that's just gonna be hard to come by!

I feel ya. I can't imagine a time in the past when I looked at WDAM and thought I'd be thankful to have that as my sole source of news on a topic.

Here is a view of the RV park.

maps

ugh... it won't show up.

Attachments

• map of RV park.jpg
    map of RV park.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 34
and here is a zoomed out pic, that shows Paul B. Johnson State Park. US Hwy 49 is the two lane road you see, and is a very highly traveled road that leads to the Gulf Coast.

Attachments

• zoom out RV park.jpg
    zoom out RV park.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 35
Here is another that shows the distance between the two missing women, last seen same day:

Attachments

• WS map.jpg
    WS map.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 37
All cases of missing people, especially young mothers, pull at my heartstrings but this one especially so as it's just an hour or so south of me. I have shared the following on my FB and I'm getting a really bad vibe about all this. BF's story is a wee bit hinky to say the least. If Brittany had all day to do laundry, why would he think she would still be doing laundry at 8:00/8:30 in the evening with her baby girl at home alone to boot? Just doesn't sit well with me. Of course, I hope Brittany is found safe and was not hurt by anybody but I hope and pray that if she was, it wasn't the guy who supposedly loved her. Thoughts and prayers to her family.

Attachments

• 216154_3637534504149_678142424_n.jpg
    216154_3637534504149_678142424_n.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 38
Who is it that says she was looking to make sure the laundry room was open? What time was that? It sounds like that kind of confirms the BF's story a little bit, if true.

Get verified as a local so you're able to share more! I know we all appreciate local input.

Get verified as a local so you're able to share more! I know we all appreciate local input.

I grew up there, and my family still lives there, but I am not local anymore. I am over 3.5 hours away now. I think there are some other WS's who live closer. I am just trying to give any information I know about the area that could be helpful.

Who is it that says she was looking to make sure the laundry room was open? What time was that? It sounds like that kind of confirms the BF's story a little bit, if true.

The owner of the RV park... I believe Mrs. Cullen.

I have seen Brittany's family and the Cullens becoming FB friends today.

I just read the most recent article that was posted here. It says the convenience store and laundry mat were basically together in a spot 100 feet (not 100 yards) from her trailer. That's one-third the length of a football field. It doesn't say what time she was at the laundry mat.

There are some things that I'd like to know. Why didn't the boyfriend make it home until 8 or 8:30 p.m.? Did he do something after work? Did he work overtime? Why didn't this girl have a phone at home? Why did she have crutches? Why did she get into an argument with her stepmom? Was the laundry basket the kind with holes or a solid tote?

I'm of the opinion that the two disappearances are not related. But I do have one theory on that. I'll withhold that for now.

And, like I said, there's just not a lot of info right now.

http://www.wdam.com/story/19335403/pine-belt-mother-missing-for-5-days

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back