Found Deceased MS - Brittany Crenshaw, 19, McLaurin, 16 Aug 2012 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, and have my own ideas, HM...but I am still pondering aloud any possible scenarios, just in case.

The two cases are likely not related, but way too close not to point out, especially missing on the same day. I'm still trying to figure out where BD works, because I can't find any real connections on his FB, etc.

Sorry for the typo on the feet/yards. I was attempting to post from my phone earlier, which is aggravating as snot.

I find it strange that a girl that age doesn't have a cell phone.

I suspect bf works in some type of industrial business like pipelines or welding. Lots of pipelines being laid around that area. Lots of pipe liners also travel in RVs. Some work jobs for a couple of weeks or months. It's cheaper to do rv living instead of motels. It's not uncommon for gf's, kids, wives travel with their men. It's very common for pipe liners and welders to work long hours.

I just wonder what time she walked to the store? Her daughter had to be by herself from then until the bf came home. I wonder if something happened during her walk to the laundry?

and here is a zoomed out pic, that shows Paul B. Johnson State Park. US Hwy 49 is the two lane road you see, and is a very highly traveled road that leads to the Gulf Coast.

When it comes to a foot search, I don't envy the searchers. Those are DENSE woods around that area. If they call for volunteers, we may drive over and offer whatever assistance we can. I've got an injured kid right now, though, and that's keeping me tied to house and hearth.

I just read the most recent article that was posted here. It says the convenience store and laundry mat were basically together in a spot 100 feet (not 100 yards) from her trailer. That's one-third the length of a football field. It doesn't say what time she was at the laundry mat.

There are some things that I'd like to know. Why didn't the boyfriend make it home until 8 or 8:30 p.m.? Did he do something after work? Did he work overtime? Why didn't this girl have a phone at home? Why did she have crutches? Why did she get into an argument with her stepmom? Was the laundry basket the kind with holes or a solid tote?

I'm of the opinion that the two disappearances are not related. But I do have one theory on that. I'll withhold that for now.

And, like I said, there's just not a lot of info right now.

http://www.wdam.com/story/19335403/pine-belt-mother-missing-for-5-days

He may be driving a good way to work... and then back again. And it's very, very common for guys in any kind of construction (pipeline, welding, etc) around here to put in 12+ hour days... basically sunup to sun down. Sun's up here at 6:30 and down at 8:30ish. Especially on days when we don't get rain. All depends on what kind of work he does. For construction, it's not that unusual. They are worked to death, but paid well for it...

Which brings up the next point made in this thread... why didn't she have a cell phone, especially with a little one there with her? They seem to have directv (he said he came in and watched TV)... can't imagine having that and no cell phone. The RV park provides free wireless...at the least she should have had a computer, not that that would have mattered in an emergency situation, I guess, but just another thought.

I suspect bf works in some type of industrial business like pipelines or welding. Lots of pipelines being laid around that area. Lots of pipe liners also travel in RVs. Some work jobs for a couple of weeks or months. It's cheaper to do rv living instead of motels. It's not uncommon for gf's, kids, wives travel with their men. It's very common for pipe liners and welders to work long hours.

I just wonder what time she walked to the store? Her daughter had to be by herself from then until the bf came home. I wonder if something happened during her walk to the laundry?

All good points. I think his last job must have been in the Houston area, because that's where Brittany seemed to have been up until Mississippi.

Only point I'd differ any with you is your next to last sentence... and that's just based on my suspicions, and not anything concrete.

Who is it that says she was looking to make sure the laundry room was open? What time was that? It sounds like that kind of confirms the BF's story a little bit, if true.

Oh, I'm not really questioning that she went to the laundry mat, stopping at the store and asking for the key. Sounds all very reasonable that happened. What throws a wrench in something happening to her at that point is the bf's own actions/words. He didn't get home until 8:00/8:30, found baby girl all alone, and just thought she was still at the laundry mat at that hour of the evening? Really?? Then wouldn't he go to check on/help her? After all, she had recently had surgery and was said to have a brace and at least partial use of crutches. Just doesn't sit right with me at all. I'm so worried for her and can't imagine how those that love her feel. My heart aches for them.

Who is it that says she was looking to make sure the laundry room was open? What time was that? It sounds like that kind of confirms the BF's story a little bit, if true.

It confirms a tiny sliver of his version of what she planned to do that day. However, keep in mind that he came in that evening, most likely exhausted after a 12 hour shift, and instead of walking around the park to look for her when he came in and found the baby alone, he chose to go to sleep. With a baby in the trailer who hadn't seen her mom since ???. That makes no sense.

So, really, whatever happened from the time he claims he clocked out to the time he reported her (at least 12 hours later [?]), only he knows.

Oh, I'm not really questioning that she went to the laundry mat, stopping at the store and asking for the key. Sounds all very reasonable that happened. What throws a wrench in something happening to her at that point is the bf's own actions/words. He didn't get home until 8:00/8:30, found baby girl all alone, and just thought she was still at the laundry mat at that hour of the evening? Really?? Then wouldn't he go to check on/help her? After all, she had recently had surgery and was said to have a brace and at least partial use of crutches. Just doesn't sit right with me at all. I'm so worried for her and can't imagine how those that love her feel. My heart aches for them.

You and I are right there together... quite sure the investigators noticed that canyon-sized gaping hole, too.

Well.....let's say bf did do something. He had to do it after he got off work for the simple fact.....the baby would have been there all day by itself. Somebody would have heard her. Plus people seen her that day asking about the locked door.

If something happened to her....it had to happen that afternoon while bf was at work OR later on that night.

She has posted her cell phone number numerous times on various pictures in her FB feed. I googled it, but didn't get any information other than the number is out of Sugarland, TX. I wonder if she didn't have her cell phone WITH her, or just didn't have one? Or since it's a TX number, could it have been shut off in a power struggle with her family who lives there?

You and I are right there together... quite sure the investigators noticed that canyon-sized gaping hole, too.

I certainly don't like where my mind keeps going but his response to her not being there just doesn't make sense. Wonder what time the camp store closes? Anyone remember if the website said? At that time of the evening, people that mill about are settling down for the evening, fixing dinner, etc. She was only 100 feet away (or so he thought). Why wouldn't he scoop up the baby girl and walk over to say "hi", check on her, give her a hand? That part just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

She has posted her cell phone number numerous times on various pictures in her FB feed. I googled it, but didn't get any information other than the number is out of Sugarland, TX. I wonder if she didn't have her cell phone WITH her, or just didn't have one? Or since it's a TX number, could it have been shut off in a power struggle with her family who lives there?

Even if parents did shut it off....I just can't see any kids her age NOT getting a phone. Even a pre-paid one.

I do wonder why bf didn't stay to search for her?

I also want to mention two things.

The black and white picture of the three of them was taken only 2-3 weeks ago, per a family member's FB page. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with Brittany's legs then, and no mention of a brace or injury on her fb page. I wonder just how recent that was?

Second, Katrina drastically changed the demographic makeup of this area. While many great people were affected by the storm and some relocated to Hattiesburg, there was also an influx of unsavory hooligans that pitched a tent there. When these kinds of people are forced to leave one area in an event like Katrina, they don't usually go back "home." They stay where they are because it's easier. Because of the national forest there, and an abundance of little camping spots, etc, south of Hattiesburg quickly filled up with transplants. Hattiesburg was also one of the first cities along Hwy 49 that wasn't completely devastated. They were without power for 3 weeks and without running water for 8 days. During this time, myself and my church family locally here in Alabama made several supply trips and we set up the tiny church I grew up in as a distribution center. While I thought I knew most of the community I was raised in, I was shocked at the people who came out to pick up supplies. They were kind and gracious, but there were a good many that were not local to the area and I could tell came from less fortunate situations than myself.

Not calling Brittany and her family hooligans, but sharing that there are very likely some unsavory characters in their midst. I hope that all comes out like I mean it to sound, and not judgmental of those less fortunate.

When it comes to a foot search, I don't envy the searchers. Those are DENSE woods around that area. If they call for volunteers, we may drive over and offer whatever assistance we can. I've got an injured kid right now, though, and that's keeping me tied to house and hearth.

Brittany's sister on her dad's side said they would be beginning a search for her at 7am today. Not sure who "they" entails, if it was just family going down there (from northeast LA) or if it was a community search.

Ok... other woman has been found. There was an update on the FB page that the family got a call from a jail in Louisiana where the woman had been arrested for a DUI on the 17th.

Another thing about bf that I wonder about....

When my other half worked construction and kept those kind of summertime hours, the first thing he wanted when he walked through the door was dinner. Did bf have dinner? Did he just go lay down on the bed to watch tv with no dinner? If so, did he not wonder why there wasn't any? Did Brittany cook dinner for him in the evening or did they each just fend for themselves? Things I ponder...

Without knowing their routine and what was normal for her....there is no way to know if him falling asleep was normal for him. Maybe there were other nights when she was off doing laundry when he came home, who knows...

I know under her picture on seeking the lost....the family says they are in ms. They just can't get the LE to help them. They say the LE hasn't even talked to the people in the rv park.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back